Transmission hardshifting and not upshifting right.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I'm nearing the transmission service window at 93K miles...lately, I've been experiencing symptoms of this thread's title...cold start, drive off...first to second feels like it went into neutral as the revs goes up...then a harsh engagement into next gear...this is happening in D, tow and S...after a few dozen miles and everything is warmed up, the shifting smooths it self out...seems like trans fluid is low...

Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Well, I'm nearing the transmission service window at 93K miles...lately, I've been experiencing symptoms of this thread's title...cold start, drive off...first to second feels like it went into neutral as the revs goes up...then a harsh engagement into next gear...this is happening in D, tow and S...after a few dozen miles and everything is warmed up, the shifting smooths it self out...seems like trans fluid is low...

Might be time for a pan drop, filter change and some new juice bro

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Might be time for a pan drop, filter change and some new juice bro
Yes indeed...been waiting for my Ford Tech to make time...if not, I'll have to take it to another shop...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Yes indeed...been waiting for my Ford Tech to make time...if not, I'll have to take it to another shop...
My understanding for factory techs doing this procedure is the plastic pan gets replaced during a service procedure. They don’t cost much but don’t be surprised if they do it

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

That 1-2 shift has felt off from day 1 to me. Definitely worse cold. When it skip shifts 1-3 its like butter. Been wanting to check the trans fluid level but don't want a scar on my arm. The dealer won't do it (under warranty).
Sponsored