Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
You do know all these things can be accomplished by just adding a damper? ?
What he means is (for the less mechanical inclined) the "noise" of the damper piston "shhhhhhheeeeessssshing" open/close is actually the result of its air pumping to the tires after checking for correct pressure. Happens every time you use the tailgate. Keep on pump'n.:muscle:
Sponsored

ajohnson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
TPMS should not be used as an accurate tire pressure indicator. A good dial type gauge is the way to go. My KO2s always show low by 1 or 2 lbs then come up once driven. Even during warm weather....go by the door jam label.
What pressures are you running your KO2s? I have the 265/70R17 that I bought with the truck and had the dealer install. They had them at 40.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Run the pressure listed on the drivers door jamb of your truck. Mine has Light Truck tires, so the pressure is higher.

Tire Pressure Sticker Rotated No Vin.jpg
I ran mine at 38 and still felt is was too 'sprung' so dropped it to 30 which is what the ford pass says. the app usually says 1-3 psi higher than any of my gauges..

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
When I changed mine out to 265/70/17's I found 32 to be the sweet spot. I recently had my oil changed and the tires rotated and I told them 32. When I drove away they were set to 38. :facepalm: It was so stiff it was like driving on a set of bricks. .
Never fails I get my PSI exactly where I want it and some genius makes the decision for me that it should be different when I'm in for an unrelated visit or even when I have the service writer put on the work order 'Do Not Adjust Tire PSI'.

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle forums have never ending discussions on what's the right oil, best gasoline and, of course, the correct tire pressure. And the correct answers to these questions number in the thousands, with every new post offering new truths and insights.

I set my tire pressure on my stock tires on the manufacturer's recommendation on the door. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Just FYI.
I liked this gauge, but wasn't too fond of the 0-100 scale.
Turns out they have a 0-60 scale, more to what I need and easier to read for my range.
Just thought I'd mention it.
https://www.amazon.com/JACO-ElitePr...dp/B015HURK64/ref=psdc_15709141_t3_B0735HJZ5B

I think it's the same brand, but I could be wrong.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just FYI.
Turns out they have a 0-60 scale, more to what I need and easier to read for my range.
https://www.amazon.com/JACO-ElitePr...dp/B015HURK64/ref=psdc_15709141_t3_B0735HJZ5B

Yes, they're the same brand. I actually had both of these saved on Amazon and my girlfriends daughter bought it for me for Christmas. She got the wrong one but after using it it ended up working out just fine for my needs. :)

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Just FYI.

The 60 psi gauge is $49.95C on amazon.ca, $19.90US plus $7.18US shipping on amazon.com, which works out to about $36C. I always cross-check and calculate the exchange rate before I order. About half the time I end up ordering on amazon.com.

Having said that, the AstroAl 60 psi gauge, which looks identical to the Jaco, is on for $18.69C with free Prime shipping. Guess which one I ordered!

CoMtnRanger

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger STX Supercab 4X4, 3" lift
Occupation
Engineer
So my gauge says 30 psi but the truck says 32psi. How accurate is the trucks tire pressure monitor?
I have a very accurate gauge (Joes Racing) that I check calibration against an air standard, it's within 1/2 PSI - and my TPMS says the tires are the same as my gauge. So maybe your gauge is the problem. In my opinion; within a pound or two of 30 is fine, but it's better if they all read the same, it helps assure traction control and stability control are reacting to road/load conditions and not an underinflated tire (relative to other tires).
Sponsored