keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Do it..!!
I have a 93 octane tune from Unleashed and its worth every penny. No issues and the transmission shifting points being modified is so much better than the stock shifting. The tune really comes alive in sport mode. Great people to work with as well.
Same here.
My only bug is that it doesn’t shift into 10th soon enough but evaluating it between the stock and SCT tune it doesn’t make much difference in mpg’s from what I can tell.

Torrie is great to work with and probably could get him to make an adjustment but I haven’t bothered.
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
If I put that decal on my tailgate will it go down faster? :tumbleweed:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Doc, Is that cover hurricane proof? Did your county approve? Or charge you for a building permit? Calvin doesnt show up very well, is he pissing on a damper?

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I know next to nothing about tuning a vehicle so these threads are helpful to me.

On the face of it I like the idea of the Ford tune because it’s made by Ford. On the other side of the coin, the cost savings with something like unleashed is tempting.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Hi Doc, Is that cover hurricane proof? Did your county approve? Or charge you for a building permit? Calvin doesnt show up very well, is he pissing on a damper?
No permit required here, but it’s high wind approved, there’s a trailer tie down on each Stansion that is 3 ft in the ground. Calvin is above the Unleashed Sticker.:)

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I know next to nothing about tuning a vehicle so these threads are helpful to me.

On the face of it I like the idea of the Ford tune because it’s made by Ford. On the other side of the coin, the cost savings with something like unleashed is tempting.

Ford's tune has one benefit over all the others; keeping your warranty. If you aren't concerned about the warranty, go with another tune. I did the FP to keep my warranty and I am happy with the gains, because I am not a performance guy. (I used to be but then I crashed a car at 115 mph. That's a story for another time.) I got it to add more power since I was stepping up to a larger tire (255/80r17) and I wanted to keep my mileage around the same as with the 265's. If I was more concerned about power than warranty, I would have gone with any of the other tuners.

Tremor213

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Hi all,

I've been considering a tune. I've tuned my cars in the past so I'm pretty familiar with what to expect (and the potential risks involved). I am heavily considering Unleashed from what I've researched so far.

I found that they sell the tuning device on their website, unleashedtuning.com, for $500 with 2 tunes included. Does anyone know if they offer forum member discounts or if their tunes can be purchased anywhere else for less? I think $500 is fair but I'm always down for saving a few bucks! I wouldn't mind input on pricing of other tuning options as well, to compare options.

Also, they sell a "power pack" for $600 that includes the tuner + tunes, spark plugs, and a thermostat. What benefit do the plugs and thermostat provide over stock?

Thank you.
So any news or updates on your tune? I'm very interested as well, just wondering if you're happy with your purchase. Thanks.

Reactions: Doc

Tremor213

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Annnnnnd that tips the scale for me. Reading this thread was the last little nudge I needed to make a decision on a tuner. Ordered my BDX and Unleashed tunes just now :muscle:
I’ve tried a bunch of tunes/tuners on my Ranger and last 2 Focus ST’s. In my opinion Unleashed offers the best tune. From power, shifting smoothness, drive-ability and MPG’s. Super quick response to changes if needed. I run the performance 93 octane tune.
Having used Unleashed Tuner numerous times have you ever ran into any issues with the dealership being flagged or engines issues with your tunes? I appreciate any feed back bro. Thanks

motodude

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Senior Vice President of a renewable energy company
Having used Unleashed Tuner numerous times have you ever ran into any issues with the dealership being flagged or engines issues with your tunes? I appreciate any feed back bro. Thanks
I’ve never had a single issue at the dealer. I flash back to stock before I head in for service. While, they can technically see how many times the ECU has been flashed, they’re not looking for it. Unless they suspect non-factory tuning as a cause for some sort of engine issue that you’re trying to have repaired under warranty, they’re very unlikely to be bothered to check that out.

As for any issues with my Unleashed tune, I have had zero. Smooth, predictable, and usable power that is much more progressive and with far better transmission behavior than stock. If you’re light on the accelerator in D, you can forget it’s even tuned. Stomp on it and you’ll remember quick as hell lol. In S, the shift points are MUCH more aggressive and if you’re not matching with a more aggressive right foot, it will feel a bit jerky (like an excited dog trying to pull on the leash). But in S, if you’re driving a bit more spirited, it’s amazing. Upshifts, downshifts and power delivery are awesome.

I have the 93 octane performance and 93 and 91 tow tunes. All have been wonderful. Recently averaged 20mpg towing my motorcycle trailer a few hundred miles.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Never an issue. I’ve had my Ranger in for a few small service issues and I don’t even flash back to stock. They never say a word.

And having tried a few tuners I can say without question (IMO) Unleashed is the best. Smoothest shifting. Best power delivery and slight increase in MPG. Im currently using a custom 93 Octane performance tune Torrie did for Torquerules. Love it!!

Tremor213

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I’ve never had a single issue at the dealer. I flash back to stock before I head in for service. While, they can technically see how many times the ECU has been flashed, they’re not looking for it. Unless they suspect non-factory tuning as a cause for some sort of engine issue that you’re trying to have repaired under warranty, they’re very unlikely to be bothered to check that out.

As for any issues with my Unleashed tune, I have had zero. Smooth, predictable, and usable power that is much more progressive and with far better transmission behavior than stock. If you’re light on the accelerator in D, you can forget it’s even tuned. Stomp on it and you’ll remember quick as hell lol. In S, the shift points are MUCH more aggressive and if you’re not matching with a more aggressive right foot, it will feel a bit jerky (like an excited dog trying to pull on the leash). But in S, if you’re driving a bit more spirited, it’s amazing. Upshifts, downshifts and power delivery are awesome.

I have the 93 octane performance and 93 and 91 tow tunes. All have been wonderful. Recently averaged 20mpg towing my motorcycle trailer a few hundred miles.
Never an issue. I’ve had my Ranger in for a few small service issues and I don’t even flash back to stock. They never say a word.

And having tried a few tuners I can say without question (IMO) Unleashed is the best. Smoothest shifting. Best power delivery and slight increase in MPG. Im currently using a custom 93 Octane performance tune Torrie did for Torquerules. Love it!!
Thanks for taking the time to respond bro. I appreciate it. ??

ynot

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Mechanic
Do you happen to know if the can see a time stamp on any program mods, or just a total count of "revisions"? Thanks

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Do you happen to know if the can see a time stamp on any program mods, or just a total count of "revisions"? Thanks
There is a way to see if the PCM has been flashed in FDRS. When would it be used? Only when a major engine failure has occurred and it is suspected that the PCM was tuned
Sponsored