Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Systems Administrator
Hi all,

I've been considering a tune. I've tuned my cars in the past so I'm pretty familiar with what to expect (and the potential risks involved). I am heavily considering Unleashed from what I've researched so far.

I found that they sell the tuning device on their website, unleashedtuning.com, for $500 with 2 tunes included. Does anyone know if they offer forum member discounts or if their tunes can be purchased anywhere else for less? I think $500 is fair but I'm always down for saving a few bucks! I wouldn't mind input on pricing of other tuning options as well, to compare options.

Also, they sell a "power pack" for $600 that includes the tuner + tunes, spark plugs, and a thermostat. What benefit do the plugs and thermostat provide over stock?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Hi all,

I've been considering a tune. I've tuned my cars in the past so I'm pretty familiar with what to expect (and the potential risks involved). I am heavily considering Unleashed from what I've researched so far.

I found that they sell the tuning device on their website, unleashedtuning.com, for $500 with 2 tunes included. Does anyone know if they offer forum member discounts or if their tunes can be purchased anywhere else for less? I think $500 is fair but I'm always down for saving a few bucks! I wouldn't mind input on pricing of other tuning options as well, to compare options.

Also, they sell a "power pack" for $600 that includes the tuner + tunes, spark plugs, and a thermostat. What benefit do the plugs and thermostat provide over stock?

Thank you.
I’ve had good luck with mine, power pack accessories not needed.
93 Octane Performance Tune.
Regards

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I doubt that you can buy the tune anywhere else for less. If anything the price does seem fair for what you get and others that do have it do like it. As for the power pack I will state there is no need to change the thermostat. I myself use the Livernois Tow tune and I have ran it for close to 40,000 miles and never had a need for a thermostat replacement. As for thr spark plugs.... Unless said tuner says it is best to change them it is best to stay with OEM. Simple as that.

Hope that helps

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
Do it..!!
I have a 93 octane tune from Unleashed and its worth every penny. No issues and the transmission shifting points being modified is so much better than the stock shifting. The tune really comes alive in sport mode. Great people to work with as well.

OP
OP
MoatCarp

MoatCarp

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Systems Administrator
I doubt that you can buy the tune anywhere else for less. If anything the price does seem fair for what you get and others that do have it do like it. As for the power pack I will state there is no need to change the thermostat. I myself use the Livernois Tow tune and I have ran it for close to 40,000 miles and never had a need for a thermostat replacement. As for thr spark plugs.... Unless said tuner says it is best to change them it is best to stay with OEM. Simple as that.

Hope that helps
That's the thing! The listing for the power pack doesn't have a description or explanation for what the plugs and thermo are for. I think based on your reply and others I would pass on it. I agree for OEM. Thank you.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
unleashed is awesome tune , tori's mapping of the trans is point on, did do the plug one colder, if doing the tune i would do a after market cat back exhaust, first.
it one of the restrictions on our trucks

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I’ve tried a bunch of tunes/tuners on my Ranger and last 2 Focus ST’s. In my opinion Unleashed offers the best tune. From power, shifting smoothness, drive-ability and MPG’s. Super quick response to changes if needed. I run the performance 93 octane tune.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody know where to get a "tune" decal.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I'll credit @Doc for tipping my choice to Unleashed. The clincher was when they ran a promo to purchase the tuner.

I in turn worried the crap out of Torrie fine tuning my midgrade octane tune file with the modest mechanical upgrades. I think it was a total four or five revisions.

My truck runs strong on a variety of fuel blends as long as it's 89 or above and I even towed (never going above 3/4ths the rated limit) without issue.

My second choice would have been Livernous.
Sponsored