djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to chime in here and give another endorsement for Unleashed. I had a great experience getting a tune from them. I contacted Torrie by email before purchasing to get some advice. I got three custom tunes plus the stock tunes on the BDX. The difference in responsiveness / power is substantial. I got the 93 Performance, 93 Tow and 91 Performance.

The only one I have used is the 93 Performance so far. I contacted Torrie a couple of times with questions and always received a response in minutes, even in the evening. The customer service was superb and the tunes definitely make the truck even more enjoyable to drive (for me). [email protected].

The BDX device is capable of downloading the tunes over wifi without plugging into a computer. I had trouble with this but Torrie emailed me the tune files and I was able to easily transfer them to the BDX over USB. If you go this direction make sure to install the BDX drivers and software from their website before connecting the device to the computer.
https://www.sctflash.com/products/unfiltered-product/sct/SCTBDX/bdx
Sponsored

Derek Bennett

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew RWD 2" front leveling kit
Occupation
Retired Army Combat Vet.
Vehicle Showcase
How Much Was the Tune $

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Yup. Second vehicle I've had tuned by him. Btw, I just had him soften the downshifts from 3 down and it took the jerkiness away. I'm going to revise again from 5th gear down.

OP
OP
djrobb

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Second vehicle I've had tuned by him. Btw, I just had him soften the downshifts from 3 down and it took the jerkiness away. I'm going to revise again from 5th gear down.
Good change. Please Let me know you are done tweaking with him and I’ll grab an update from him.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Good change. Please Let me know you are done tweaking with him and I’ll grab an update from him.
I may never be done. Lol. Just ask him to make that change and he'll send it right to you.

Reactions: Doc

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I'm running the unleashed tunes as well I've got a 87 Performance, 93 Tow, and 93 Performance tunes loaded up. how long does the transmission take to re-learn your driving habits after switching tunes?

I used the 87 Performance for a week before i went back to stock for a service visit. Now i'm running the 93 performance for about a week and a half and do notice the jerky downshift from 3rd coming to a stop. i always through it was from the fact the transmission seems to skip 2nd and just goes into 1st. but i noticed it with the stock tune as well.

Reactions: Doc

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
How does the butt dyno feel the increase on the performance tune? Just overall better acceleration? Any noticed affect to MPGs on the highway?

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
How does the butt dyno feel the increase on the performance tune? Just overall better acceleration? Any noticed affect to MPGs on the highway?
Pulls harder than stock if you get on it. I’ve only filled up once since using the 93 tune and I got 19.5 MPG hand calculated with auto stop disabled and 100% city . Same as I was getting with stock file

Wesmertz

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger SXT FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Grocery Management
I just got the 91 Performance tune and 91 Towing tune from Torrie last month. My average seems to be 21mpg. I’m driving a super crew fx4, fox 2.0 level, wider than stock tires at 32” diameter. Haven’t tried the towing tune. I will also endorse the incredible customer service. I’m in Utah and he is in Florida. He emailed me back after 10pm my time (midnight his time). Always prompt in follow up beyond what’s reasonably expected. Customer service is 90% of the game.
Sponsored