OP
Project Midnight

Project Midnight

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 VW Golf R Stage 2+, VW Tiguan Stage 1, VW 1958 Bug, 1776cc Stroker Motor, VW 2008 beetle, BMW 2012 K1600GTL, 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Vehicle Showcase
Saw in another thread titled the same someone linked a release that August 29th 2019 engines were being examined for defects that could lead to catastrophic failure...
Good to know!! Thanks for the info!!!

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I thought the same thing...I would be suspicious about any build around that date.
From reading the NHTSA doc it looks like something in the supply chain since it was two separate locations.

At first I thought maybe someone had too many beers at lunch if it was just one.

Reactions: R_B
OP
OP
Project Midnight

Project Midnight

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 VW Golf R Stage 2+, VW Tiguan Stage 1, VW 1958 Bug, 1776cc Stroker Motor, VW 2008 beetle, BMW 2012 K1600GTL, 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Vehicle Showcase
Saw in another thread titled the same someone linked a release that August 29th 2019 engines were being examined for defects that could lead to catastrophic failure...
Could you send me that info? I bought my Ranger as soon as they came out... ?

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Truck....They can track every piece in it

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Having been a manufacturer rep you would be on your own. Good thing you got a tune warranty of some kind. I would have declined it. Sorry.

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
HenryMac: That was the date on the bottom of the Window Sticker, right under the Total MSRP. The last 6 digits. The date said 08 29 19. Folks on this website said the sticker inside the drivers door frame is where the build-blend date was. I asked the salesman to look & see if the VIN was affected by looking it up as the documents stated. I believe he was too busy with live sales and never got back to me.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Having been a manufacturer rep you would be on your own. Good thing you got a tune warranty of some kind. I would have declined it. Sorry.
Good thing itā€™s not up to you. The MM act will ensure they have to prove that his tune was at fault. I hope it turns out well for you OP. Keep us posted.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
HenryMac: That was the date on the bottom of the Window Sticker, right under the Total MSRP. The last 6 digits. The date said 08 29 19. Folks on this website said the sticker inside the drivers door frame is where the build-blend date was. I asked the salesman to look & see if the VIN was affected by looking it up as the documents stated. I believe he was too busy with live sales and never got back to me.
My truck has 07-19-19 on the window sticker. The motor build date is 05-09-2019.

Ideally, if there is a motor issue, the motor build date would be really useful to know.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Good thing itā€™s not up to you. The MM act will ensure they have to prove that his tune was at fault. I hope it turns out well for you OP. Keep us posted.
I agree but the tune which is probably discoverable on their part will be enough to kill the engine warranty. Sorry. Thatā€™s just the way it is.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So you posted it three different places?
FYI, I merged the three threads a few mins ago....

As a general FYI, please don't post the same content in multiple forums and/or threads.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
I donā€™t think itā€˜s the tune... Iā€™m just waiting for the outcome ? I trust the tune....
Aside from anecdotal feelings: I am curious how it is you determined that it is not the aftermarket tuning which had a detrimental effect on the motor?

The parameters modified by modern engine tuning have as dramatic of an impact on the operation of the engine as it's factory tune can have.

As any auditor worth their salt will say "Trust is not an internal control".

Full disclosure: I had a Mitsubishi Evolution track car which was heavily modified and played with the tune constantly based on track layout, so i'm not one of those "keep all vehicles stock, the manufacturer knows best in all things" people. But I really haven't seen anything you've posted which would remove the aftermarket tune as a likely culprit at this stage of the process and based on the facts currently known.
Sponsored