There are many builds, but this one is mine.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well I did not expect to find what I was trolling around the internet looking for. I had assumed I was going to have to take an existing floor mount for a Dodge Charger and modify it as required, or find a good quality universal base plate. However to my surprise I found that RAM already has a seat base plate for laptop mounts for our trucks.

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-VB-202

RAM® No-Drill™ Vehicle Base for '19-20 Ford Ranger

RAM-VB-202.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to be a guinea pig and bought some headlight trim sets from eBay. Ship out of Bangkok, won't arrive until end of this month or beginning of next month. For $35.00 its worth checking out the quality and fitment. If it pans out I think it will look very good with the Raptor style grill.

s-l1600.jpg

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I like 'now' more than any of the new ones tbh. Maybe if the 'now' went all the way to the wheel it would look even better. The new ones look too big and bold for the size of the truck. I feel like the smaller one is more classy and timeless.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Grill looks good and tint looks good as well. I did 20% on front side windows and 5% on rear side windows, rear window, and front strip.

Fender flares should come tomorrow, holding off on new pics till I get it all together.

I also got a new set of Ranger decals (same as what is on my truck now) from when I had to get warranty paint work and they screwed one of them up. I am going to remove the old ones and install the new ones a little lower I think it will look a bit better. Basically going to go along the bottom door curve as oppose to the top of the curve.

Being the dummy I am I didn't realize the top curve did not actually follow a straight line, it actually curves up (rocker panel area becomes wider) towards the bed of the truck. If you look closely (once seen, you cannot unsee!) you will notice my decals angle upwards towards the back instead of straight.

These pictures also show where they had to remove the decals and reinstall them and they screwed up the hash mark spacing (they are suppose to be evenly spaced for the first three).

On the new set Im actually going to leave off the last tiny one. Even betterm if I can salvage the two thick bars on my current decals Im going to to do four thick bars only.

IMG-2307.jpg

IMG-2307.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon strikes again, ordered a pair of aux lights and a bull bar.

Items are a bit on the low end, but something to get me started at least. The cheap lights can be made more sturdy by rebuilding them with better sealment.

71q-UNkkgm-JL-AC-SL1500.jpg

IMG-9813-1024x1024-2x.jpg

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'll see if I can post some more pics later. Here is a photo from Amazon that kind of has a side profile.

324234.jpg

While it does have some properties as a bull bar, I consider it more of a light bar. Its pretty heavy and re-enforced in the middle channels, but its not like a fully enclosed tubular design. It does offer some greater protection for the natural opening to the radiator on the lower part of our bumper by way of the mesh insert (which I might add is solid as well, its not flimsy chicken wire).

Reactions: Doc

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Here are some other angles. While the over all unit weights about 40lbs and the bolts are nice and thick where it counts, the design is more for display than anything. I believe it offers low impact protection, but I'm under no illusion it would perform as well as thicker more expensive brands. I could always go in and start welding in more support, but I might just replace it down the road.

IMG-2533.jpg

IMG-2534.jpg

View attachment 55020

IMG-2536.jpg

Also it basically turns your bump sensors useless, but I may work on drilling holes and extending wiring to maybe do a relocation on them.
hey i like that bull bar, link to where you got it?

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase