Darron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired Engineer, AF Veteran
Hi Folks,

I got a personal tour of the Davis Monthan famous boneyard. This was a one on tour in my little 2007 Ford Ranger by the former commanding officer of the boneyard, Col. Don R. (retired). This is something that the general public cannot do and has no access to see, much less photograph. There is a bus tour from the Pima Air and Space Museum, but you only see tiny bit of the boneyard. I got to walk around the planes and up into the big C5As. Watched a B52 being destroyed for the Russian agreement to limit the 52s. They use a huge blade to break the planes spine, then leave it for a few days for the Russian Spy satelite to verify... Quite a day for me to sit in the cockpit of an F16 as well! Took most of the day to tour. Scary was the tankers that sprayed Agent Orange in Vietnam. These planes are off limit to everyone but mechanical robuts...they are to be burried in a huge clay lined pit...not sure about this but this is the plan approved by the county...

Here are a few of the pictures.

Boneyard1.jpg
Boneyard2.jpg
Boneyard3.jpg
Boneyard4.jpg
Boneyard5.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Cool pics Phil! I flew three C141Bs on their last flight to the "boneyard" in the 90s. One of the DM supervisors drove us around for a tour that last time I was there. Got to watch the "guillotine" take the wings off a C141B...sad to see. Only had a 35mm camera at the time, so no digital pics to share.

Last edited:

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Trumpeters seen in a swamp near Lake Ste Kathryn Campground in the Ottawa NF yesterday. This is in the UP of Michigan. Sections of the swamp was still frozen. They were some distance from us, so my photos are poor. Or what thread should have I posted this in??

Then one of the albino squirrels who resides near us. How could we could have so many! They seem do fine up here. Last one is Keweenaw bay that morning.

P1100316.jpg
P1100319.jpg
P1100249.jpg

P1100268.jpg