The major incentive that is missing for the 2019 Ranger

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
The initial model year 2015 Colorado and Canyon came with a 5 year 100,000 mfg power train warranty. That is apples to oranges by comparison to ranger incentives. I have read where the initial year model Colorado had no incentives; not true by any stretch.
Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The initial model year 2015 Colorado and Canyon came with a 5 year 100,000 mfg power train warranty. That is apples to oranges by comparison to ranger incentives. I have read where the initial year model Colorado had no incentives; not true by any stretch.
I don't think we should be overly concerned with Ford sales. We bought them for ourselves, Personally, I don't care if Ranger only sells 10,000 trucks a month. They are "new" and many don't buy first-year vehicles. I expect to see a bump in August when incentives start to fly. That's why I think Ford priced theses trucks high. They have a lot of room for discounts like the F150.

For those looking for a nicely optioned 2WD street truck MSRP is $40K for the Lariat, That's pretty expensive for many people to pay for a new truck vs an older but proven Tacoma ( I can attest that the 2016 Tacoma was terrible when it came to issues),

OP
OP
Cerwin D. Vega

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
I don't think we should be overly concerned with Ford sales. We bought them for ourselves, Personally, I don't care if Ranger only sells 10,000 trucks a month. They are "new" and many don't buy first-year vehicles. I expect to see a bump in August when incentives start to fly. That's why I think Ford priced theses trucks high. They have a lot of room for discounts like the F150.

For those looking for a nicely optioned 2WD street truck MSRP is $40K for the Lariat, That's pretty expensive for many people to pay for a new truck vs an older but proven Tacoma ( I can attest that the 2016 Tacoma was terrible when it came to issues),
I just like to follow the money it helps with acuity. I tend to agree that the value will be enhanced over time. The 5 yr 100,000 mile warranty was a value play to encourage first year model buyers of the Colorado/Canyon.

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I just like to follow the money it helps with acuity. I tend to agree that the value will be enhanced over time. The 5 yr 100,000 mile warranty was a value play to encourage first year model buyers of the Colorado/Canyon.
Not really an incentive. Most vehicles will do way over 5year/100,000 miles without power train issues. Are you buying a Ranger or a Colorado? Just curious. I bought mine already and no regrets!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No worries for me. I bought a discounted Ford Premium Care ESP.
Newer engine, trans and a lot of features in the Lariat.Peace of mind for me.

OP
OP
Cerwin D. Vega

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
No worries for me. I bought a discounted Ford Premium Care ESP.
Newer engine, trans and a lot of features in the Lariat.Peace of mind for me.
There are no worries for me either the original post should not conjure up worries. The market is made by a buyer and a seller agreeing on a price. I would like to see the price come down before my delivery date. I bought a 2015 WT 4x4 Colorado that is being replaced by a 2019 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4.

OP
OP
Cerwin D. Vega

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
I own 102 shares of F not a lot but enough to follow, and reading financial commentary about the strategy for production of the initial 2019 build priority to maximize profit reminded me of one major incentive that is missing as compared to the 2015 Colorado.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought 100 Shares of F. Helps get one of the sales plans in the future,