Well, now that the B&P for 2021 is up, ...

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Thanks - I hope they are made in the USA - trying not to reduce the 85% USA made number (believe that is what it was) for the truck :).
Funny thing happened on the way to the forum...we were down in Palm Beach today and stopped at a dealer who happened to have a lot of new 21's on the lot in different colors. Just about everything was there except the blue and the deep red. When I showed my wife the orange, I thought she'd say no way, but she just looked at it and said, "It won't match our motorhome, but..." So, now we're back to "not sure" on the color! I brought up four Tremors in black, silver, blue, and orange an put them into one picture; she and I both agreed the blue looked really sweet with all the black trim (especially once we put that black tonneau cover on it). So, blue it is. Or, black. Or, maybe...
Sponsored

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
Funny thing happened on the way to the forum...we were down in Palm Beach today and stopped at a dealer who happened to have a lot of new 21's on the lot in different colors. Just about everything was there except the blue and the deep red. When I showed my wife the orange, I thought she'd say no way, but she just looked at it and said, "It won't match our motorhome, but..." So, now we're back to "not sure" on the color! I brought up four Tremors in black, silver, blue, and orange an put them into one picture; she and I both agreed the blue looked really sweet with all the black trim (especially once we put that black tonneau cover on it). So, blue it is. Or, black. Or, maybe...

We originally decided to order a 2021 when our dealer could not find a Saber SuperCab within 500 miles. Then we discovered they were cancelling that color in favor of the Cyber Orange. Neither of us liked it much for a truck so we went Velocity Blue. We decided to still order rather than buy a 2020 because after thinking about it, we didn't want anything to do with 2020 and with me being on full telework, we didn't really need another vehicle for a few months anyway.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
We originally decided to order a 2021 when our dealer could not find a Saber SuperCab within 500 miles. Then we discovered they were cancelling that color in favor of the Cyber Orange. Neither of us liked it much for a truck so we went Velocity Blue. We decided to still order rather than buy a 2020 because after thinking about it, we didn't want anything to do with 2020 and with me being on full telework, we didn't really need another vehicle for a few months anyway.
Velocity is new for 2021. You'd have gotten Lightning Blue with the 2020, correct? And, that Saber color was sharp. I wonder why they dropped it?

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Last edited:

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Went with black tremor.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Velocity is new for 2021. You'd have gotten Lightning Blue with the 2020, correct? And, that Saber color was sharp. I wonder why they dropped it?
Right, Lightening Blue for 2019 and 2020, Velocity Blue for 2021, though not a huge difference beyond the name. Saber was sharp, the wife's first pick for colors, but we could not get Black Appearance Package with it. By now, we both love the Lightening Blue. Colors are not a huge issue with me. I think I could grow to love just about any of the old and new Ranger colors--except Cyber Orange!

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Not easy to find a SuperCab the way you want it. Just so happened I found mine 30 mins from the house and almost passed because it was a 2020. When I looked in the door and saw the truck build date of early Dec 2019 and the engine build date under the hood of Nov 2019, that was my deciding factor along with a great deal as icing on the cake.

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
Not easy to find a SuperCab the way you want it. Just so happened I found mine 30 mins from the house and almost passed because it was a 2020. When I looked in the door and saw the truck build date of early Dec 2019 and the engine build date under the hood of Nov 2019, that was my deciding factor along with a great deal as icing on the cake.

One local dealer who I refuse to deal with anymore, had a 1500 mile 2020 Saber, but in the Supercrew. Kids are 14, 17, 20 now and all 6'5"+. Odds are they wouldn't fit in a SuperCrew very well anyway. This will be my truck for 10+ years, long after they are gone. Definitely valued the extra foot of bedspace. My last truck, which my oldest drove off the road into some trees, was a 2008 XL with 255K miles.

I guess a lot of people need to carry people more than cargo.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
One local dealer who I refuse to deal with anymore, had a 1500 mile 2020 Saber, but in the Supercrew. Kids are 14, 17, 20 now and all 6'5"+. Odds are they wouldn't fit in a SuperCrew very well anyway. This will be my truck for 10+ years, long after they are gone. Definitely valued the extra foot of bedspace. My last truck, which my oldest drove off the road into some trees, was a 2008 XL with 255K miles.

I guess a lot of people need to carry people more than cargo.
The one thing I truly wish we had with the Ranger was the SCrew AND the 6' box. I wouldn't mind giving up 1000-1500 pounds of towing, or hundreds of payload pounds. I have to have a vehicle that can carry us and our grandkids, and I'd LIKE to be able to haul my bicycles upright WITHOUT removing the front wheels. The first is a must; the second is just a want. Maybe in the next gen when my lease runs out in '24! :D
Sponsored