Ford Lowered their Incentives on the Ranger

68ranger

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 F100 Ranger, 19 STX FX4 Ranger
I went in today to see if there were any new incentives on the Ranger. I expected them to increase and at the very least stay the same. The XLTs are now only $1000 off and a financing offer or 8.9%??? XL and Lariat still at only $500 off. I was ready to buy and just hoping for a better deal. Still tons of 2019 inventory out there. At least in my area, midwest. Guess I'll wait another month to see what they come up. Presidents day maybe?

ranger_incentives_2019.jpg
Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
8.9% is ridiculous and for 84 months.
The truck would depreciate faster than you pay for it.

How is that a incentive?

A incentive would be lower than the banks and make it cheaper to buy not more expensive.

1000.00 now the ranger can go back to slow sales and angry dealers.
I know my dealer was not happy with the pricing of the Ranger before the holiday intensives. I do not think 1000.00 is enough to move them out fast enough and only 500.00 for 2020..

Last edited:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I went in today to see if there were any new incentives on the Ranger. I expected them to increase and at the very least stay the same. The XLTs are now only $1000 off and a financing offer or 8.9%??? XL and Lariat still at only $500 off. I was ready to buy and just hoping for a better deal. Still tons of 2019 inventory out there. At least in my area, midwest. Guess I'll wait another month to see what they come up. Presidents day maybe?

ranger_incentives_2019.jpg
No incentives are listed yet for my zip code. I just checked a Cincinnati zip code for the 2020, and it's showing $500 rebate across all models, and 6.9% financing. So then I had to double-check for the 2019 and saw the exact same as your screenshot. In other words, if you're financing, the 2020's are now cheaper (in the end) than the 2019's are. I'm sure glad I'm not a dealer with remaining 2019 stock right now.

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
$1000 wouldn't have moved me the way $6050 did!:surprised:

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
I think those are the default / non-incentive interest rates. There are new rebates of $500 Retail Customer Cash and $750 Select Inventory Cash expiring 3/31/20 on XLT and Lariat models reported on a dealer site I've been monitoring but they aren't listed on Ford' site. Ford could still be planning to offer financing incentives, possible showing up on their site as soon as tomorrow.

Update: Just checked the Ford site, 2020 Rangers have a lower interest rate for 60mo financing than 2019 models (2.9% 60mo for 2020 vs 3.9% for 2019) which obviously doesn't make any sense. The 2019 values just haven't been updated yet.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I've been watching the prices since late December as I was just turned onto the Ranger to replace my aging Expedition. I was tracking 5 XLTs with various packaging at 5 dealers then yesterday all their prices increased by 4-6k as all the incentives (that mattered) expired. I feel bad for the car salesman in January - what are they selling if everything got dramatically more expensive overnight.

So knowing that at some point, exactly what I want, will be 28-30k instead of the 34-36k it is now - I'll wait until next big incentives role around... but I'm sold on the Ranger.

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yup, glad I purchased 2 weeks ago.

Here's my take on what Ford may or may not be planning/offering. The 2020s are now, or will soon be, filling the lots. Now that it's 2020, the focus needs to be on the 2020 trucks. Ford offered up some pretty good discounts directly to the consumer via the 5550 rebates. That was in 2019 for the 2019s. For marketing purposes, I believe they will now focus on moving the 2020s at the manufacturer level. That being said, behind the scenes, they will be offering up considerable manufacturer to dealer incentives that we won't see advertised on the retail level. Dealers won't advertise these for contractual reasons, but will be offering steep discounts to buyers who walk on the lots that still have 2019 inventory. For those still considering the Ranger, keep this in mind when negotiating price. Find a dealer that still has a decent number of 2019s and stick to your guns...MSRP less 10% less $5000. That's the floor. Work up from there.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
8.9% is ridiculous and for 84 months.
The truck would depreciate faster than you pay for it.

How is that a incentive?

A incentive would be lower than the banks and make it cheaper to buy not more expensive.

1000.00 now the ranger can go back to slow sales and angry dealers.
I know my dealer was not happy with the pricing of the Ranger before the holiday intensives. I do not think 1000.00 is enough to move them out fast enough and only 500.00 for 2020..
Agreed, 8.9 % for 7 years, is absurd, how can that possibly be an incentive to finance through Ford Credit?
Instead, it's an incentive to deal with your own bank or FCU.

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Agreed, 8.9 % for 7 years, is absurd, how can that possibly be an incentive to finance through Ford Credit?
Instead, it's an incentive to deal with your own bank or FCU.
Agreed. Anyone with decent credit and half a brain will finance elsewhere. If I am correct on the manufacturer to dealer incentives, this interest rate for the less sophisticated allows the dealers to offer deeper discounts. There will be people who finance at 8.9 for 7 years, but will feel happy with the purchase with $5000+ off sticker.

Last edited:

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I wouldn't doubt it will be thanksgiving before there are incentives as good as what we just saw on the xlt...It will be on the 2020's. There will be other good incentives for sure but the 20% off deal is gone for a while on the Ranger I'm thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 702

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Agreed. Anyone with decent credit and half a brain will finance elsewhere. If I am correct on the manufacturer to dealer incentives, this interest rate for the less sophisticated allows the dealers to offer deeper discounts. There will be people who finance at 8.9 for 7 years, but will feel happy with the purchase with $7000+ off sticker.
Absolutely correct!
Amazing how some car buyers are duped with such discounts, when in truth they are actually shelling out more money for the purchase.
Like the late, great W.C. Fields would say "there's one born every minute"...

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
That being said, behind the scenes, they will be offering up considerable manufacturer to dealer incentives that we won't see advertised on the retail level. Dealers won't advertise these for contractual reasons, but will be offering steep discounts to buyers who walk on the lots that still have 2019 inventory.
This is exactly the case. I just bought mine today (pictures to follow once we get some daylight to take them in). Was looking at 2 different XLs with very similar configurations. One of them was built in September, and the sales guy discovered that it had an extra $2000 rebate available (in addition to two $500 rebates that the other XL also qualified for). As negotiations went on, the dealer found another $500 rebate for it. I'm on x-plan pricing, but they were able to further tip the scales in my favor by increasing the price of my trade-in, ultimately ending up giving me $2000 more than another dealer had appraised it at). Add that all up, and I essentially got x-plan minus $5500 ($3500 total rebate, extra $2k for trade-in) on an XL, despite the fact that the Ford website lists the only purchase incentive for my zip as a $500 rebate.

Bottom line, don't let the lack of advertised specials stop you from pursuing a purchase right now. The deals are out there.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is exactly the case. I just bought mine today (pictures to follow once we get some daylight to take them in). Was looking at 2 different XLs with very similar configurations. One of them was built in September, and the sales guy discovered that it had an extra $2000 rebate available (in addition to two $500 rebates that the other XL also qualified for). As negotiations went on, the dealer found another $500 rebate for it. I'm on x-plan pricing, but they were able to further tip the scales in my favor by increasing the price of my trade-in, ultimately ending up giving me $2000 more than another dealer had appraised it at). Add that all up, and I essentially got x-plan minus $5500 ($3500 total rebate, extra $2k for trade-in) on an XL, despite the fact that the Ford website lists the only purchase incentive for my zip as a $500 rebate.

Bottom line, don't let the lack of advertised specials stop you from pursuing a purchase right now. The deals are out there.
At this time, there is absolutely no rebates/incentives which apply to my 2020's Jan. 15th delivery, both I and the sales manager checked.
The only rebate which came close is $500 for active first responders, I retired as a firefighter in July of 2018. It would have been sweet if this applied to retirees as well, oh well, I am just grateful that the deal will be consummated via the X-Plan program.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn't doubt it will be thanksgiving before there are incentives as good as what we just saw on the xlt...It will be on the 2020's. There will be other good incentives for sure but the 20% off deal is gone for a while on the Ranger I'm thinking.
Yup, I feel pretty lucky to have got in with the "Black Friday" crowd. Back in the What is everybody paying thread, there were people getting up to 10K off MSRP. It may be a year before that comes around again - if ever. Decent interest rate also at 3.7%. Geez, 8.9%... it hasn't been that since the 2009 stock market crash. And nobody should ever take out an 84 month loan. I had to fight with the finance guy just to give me a 48 month offer.

auto%20loan%20interest%20rates.jpg
Sponsored