Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Hi Timothy,

There are only 4 vehicles on which I made money. My 71 Pantera, My 1957 VW, 1958 Austin-Healy 3000 and my 1999 F 150 4x4.

The F150 4x4 is really weird... Purchased on A Plan for my son who was on his way to Michagan Tech for his first year of college. Vehicle had about 15 miles on it as we drove up the the UP... A week later we learned it was totalled off a shallow cliff by a son gone wild. Filed a claim with my insurance and they paid me off for an amount $3000 above what I paid. So I called them and they said they paid off on Kelley Blue Book and on a less than month old F150 4x4 the amount was more than I paid. Sheesh.... how to make money...have your kid total a vehicle every few months.... Weird....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I was 13-14 when the Pantera was out, and you know how impressionable that age group is with a car like that. You are now officially Bad-Ass Legend, Level 2 in my book! :D

My nephew is an engineer for Ford, so I also get the A-Z plan (don't remember which) but I'm not planning on totaling my Tremor. Being from Michigan originally, I will say it would be pretty easy to do up in Keweenaw country, especially during winter!
Sponsored