Being first is last on order entry for the 2019 Ford Ranger XL from FMC

Ibeejd

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Flex, 1995 Ford Lightening and 2019 Ranger (ordered)
The very premise everyone should understand when custom ordering a vehicle is getting one ordered, and then getting it scheduled are two very different things. When an order is received the next step is to schedule it. Ford starts the process on Monday. If your order was placed on a Monday (or later) it gets into next week's Monday scheduling pile.

Looking at this thread ( https://www.blueovalforums.com/foru...-timetable-order-guide-update-notices/&page=8 ) on the BlueOval Forums one can see posts by ice-capades that show what build week they're scheduling for those Monday orders they're processing. Example, page 8 of that thread shows that on Monday Feb 25th, Ranger orders in the queue were planed for build during the week of 4/22. And again, if you placed your order on Monday 2/25 or later your order is in next weeks queue so you could 'lose' a week right here (or more if the ordered hasn't been approved - ask to see your DORA). (Google it but it's basically a receipt from Ford stating what is to be built and at what price - [Dealer] Order Receipt Acknowledgement or some such gobbley gook lingo)

From my understanding (reading the Blue Oval Forums) no one can jump in that queue earlier without a priority of 9 or less which can only come from a District manager (and they don't do that easily).

FYI on that priority from a District Manager.......

1. Its not something that everyone should call their dealer and ask for. Its done on case by case basis and its not something that dealers get a lot of chances at.
2. Even a high priority number isnt helping with the Ranger builds. I am currently (since Dec 1st) sitting on the highest priority and still don't have a build date.

I agree on getting the DORA....if your dealer didnt give you one at time of order (they should have) then call and get one. I have heard of dealers saying they placed the order and then actually holding out on submitting in hopes of getting other orders in and done sooner.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
FYI on that priority from a District Manager.......

1. Its not something that everyone should call their dealer and ask for. Its done on case by case basis and its not something that dealers get a lot of chances at.
2. Even a high priority number isnt helping with the Ranger builds. I am currently (since Dec 1st) sitting on the highest priority and still don't have a build date.

I agree on getting the DORA....if your dealer didnt give you one at time of order (they should have) then call and get one. I have heard of dealers saying they placed the order and then actually holding out on submitting in hopes of getting other orders in and done sooner.
Thanks for the info.
I agree about getting the district manager involved. Didn't know about ranger priorities but it makes sense at this point.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
4 months, 15 days excluding the end - This is still ludicrous.
Lets compare exact vehicle - was his a 2019 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab 4x2 - 6' Box?
Can you cancel your order? The reality is your configuration didn't take a priority to satisfy initial dealer orders and customer orders, which are most likely mainly SCrew 4x4 trucks. By the time you get what you ordered dealers will recieve theirs also ( SCab 4x2 Trucks). You would then likely be able to get a better deal? Just a thought......

Also, were these trucks ordered through Ford directly or through a dealer, or through the dealer via Ford.com? Maybe that's why there's no rhyme or reason? With the national inventory growing, I'm not sure what would be unique about many of these orders. The 2 highest volume dealers near me have sold a combined 2 out of 10 trucks. One was an XLT Sport 4x4 Screw ( sold in about 4 weeks ), MSRP around $38k and the other was an XL Scab 4x4 ( sold in like 3 days ) MSRP $32-33k, both at the same dealer. This dealer still has 3 XLT, 302a packaged Screw 4x4 trucks listed still at MSRP ranging from $40k-$43k. The other dealer has 4 Screw 4x4 302a XLT trucks MSRP $40-$43k all now showing very small $100-$250 discounts and 1 Scab 4x4 XLT 302a MSRP of $37k. When Ford announced the OT to cover the unexpected demand, I went onto Cars.com and "saved" approx. 25 trucks within a 250 mile radius. Most were well equipped XLT Screw with a maybe an occasional Lariat and XL. I have gotten maybe 7 or 8 alerts of those trucks I saved selling. I think deals and incentives will be here by summer.

Last edited:

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my vin # delivery date May 12th ordered December 21 was told 12/16 weeks and when there was some delays in the original production sales told me to expect longer going to be 20 weeks if all goes well
I think the upside is any kinks in production hopefully have been worked out. Some guys are getting OT on the line so they’re happy
Patience is a virtue one I’m developing right now super cab xlt loaded
Sponsored