First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Looks like the dealer split the holdback with me when they sold me mine since the final price after rebates and dealer discount was just about half of the holdback less.
Excellent!
Sponsored

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I went in today to see if there were any new incentives on the Ranger. I expected them to increase and at the very least stay the same. The XLTs are now only $1000 off and a financing offer or 8.9%??? XL and Lariat still at only $500 off. I was ready to buy and just hoping for a better deal. Still tons of 2019 inventory out there. At least in my area, midwest. Guess I'll wait another month to see what they come up. Presidents day maybe?

ranger_incentives_2019.jpg

I think most credit unions could offer you a better rate...Pentagon has 2.99 for a 36 month and 3.49% for a 60 month auto loan. I realize not everyone can be a member of certain credit unions but I have found they tend to be close to each other.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Credit unions are probably going to get you the best offer. BofA quoted me 2.9% 48mo and 2.99% 60mo with strong credit. Most banks list their "best" rate on their website so a little research could go a long way!

Be sure to ask about pre-payment penalty, what the process is to pay down principal faster than the normal amortization schedule, and whether interest is pre-computed. BofA indicated that if you want to accelerate principal payments you need to initiate a separate one time payment. Increasing your automated monthly payment would only be pre-paying the next month's interest payment.

rareairhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carless
If you use 03063 for a zip I think you’ll see $3,500 for rebates now. Maybe more.
Hey Rich. Do you mind providing some more info on that $3,500 REBATE (year, model, dealer, etc.) you mentioned? I couldn't close a deal last month (finances weren't right) and am looking for incentives/deals even close to what they were. All I'm seeing is $500 Retail Incentives across all models. The Wife and I have been getting by on our 125,000 mile Subaru since September. Quite an interesting experience, when you're used to having two rides in the driveway. Looks like we may have to wait 'til President's Day or look elsewhere, but . . . I really like them Rangers. :like:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hey Rich. Do you mind providing some more info on that $3,500 REBATE (year, model, dealer, etc.) you mentioned? I couldn't close a deal last month (finances weren't right) and am looking for incentives/deals even close to what they were. All I'm seeing is $500 Retail Incentives across all models. The Wife and I have been getting by on our 125,000 mile Subaru since September. Quite an interesting experience, when you're used to having two rides in the driveway. Looks like we may have to wait 'til President's Day or look elsewhere, but . . . I really like them Rangers. :like:

Best thing is go to Fords website and put in your zip to find what incentives are in your area. They are different in different areas.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/pricing-and-incentives/?gnav=vhpnav

In the upper left you can switch between what year and also make sure you put your zip in..

500.00 is the most for my area and it is the same for 2019 and 2020...

Some dealer have dealer incentives right now too on 2019.. They do not tell you about them and they are not advertised but it allows them to sell cheaper to get rid of a older vehicle.
We just bought the wife a Tuscon last week and he let it slip there was some dealer incentives. We had to start walking out to find out though.

Last edited:

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
So I went through the perks program via my employer (X-Plan) and now have 4 different dealers calling me. 3 are still "looking", 1 finally threw in the towel. My pitch to all of them was..
"I'm not spending more than what the general public was paying 3 weeks ago, my ceiling is $31.5k for red XLT w/ 302a+Tow+LSD (or FX4), not including trade."

I got a couple emails back that were in the high 33k and 34k range which I of course declined. One internet sales manager this morning was very enthusiastic and even after discussing my price maximum and my spec package she felt she "could get me into the dealership today!" It's now past 4pm and she hasn't called back.

There's a 501A Lariat with 6k miles on it at a dealer about 1.5 hours away for $33k that I may hop on though because that's a pretty smokin' deal.

bjscott05

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don’t get it. Did Ford really lower the rebates for February? Seems that way to me...

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I don’t get it. Did Ford really lower the rebates for February? Seems that way to me...
By me this is the rebate
2020 has 500.00

2019 has 1250.00

They have allot of 2019 models left too so they can not be happy.
Actually they have allot of 2020 too...
They have 28 on the lot and they have a overflow lot too..

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I went through the perks program via my employer (X-Plan) and now have 4 different dealers calling me. 3 are still "looking", 1 finally threw in the towel. My pitch to all of them was..
"I'm not spending more than what the general public was paying 3 weeks ago, my ceiling is $31.5k for red XLT w/ 302a+Tow+LSD (or FX4), not including trade."
The beauty of using the X-Plan is that the price of the vehicle is fixed at invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee = final price
There is also A, Y and D pricing depending on your status with Ford, A plan being the most discounted.
I went the X-Plan route because I special ordered my 2020 Lariat last August and did not want to put up with the price haggling BS.
Some have the misconception that the dealer cannot add any accessories, equipment etc. to the vehicle at the local level when using X plan, it does not, it merely states that the dealer must list such items on the X plan contract. I made it absolutely clear to my dealer that I was NOT going to pay for rustproofing, $500 "paint sealants" and the like.
When I took delivery on Jan. 18, there were 3 incentives I qualified for totaling $1500, a nice, but totally unexpected windfall.
Of course the final price I mentioned does not include local government taxes and fees and the X plan discount will not apply to the Lariat for 33K you mentioned.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
By me this is the rebate
2020 has 500.00

2019 has 1250.00

They have allot of 2019 models left too so they can not be happy.
Actually they have allot of 2020 too...
They have 28 on the lot and they have a overflow lot too..
Don't know where he found them, but my dealer located 3 incentives/rebates totaling $1500 on my 2020 Lariat of which I took delivery on Jan. 18, I wasn't about to make it an issue....

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Don't know where he found them, but my dealer located 3 incentives/rebates totaling $1500 on my 2020 Lariat of which I took delivery on Jan. 18, I wasn't about to make it an issue....

Different areas of the country have different incentives.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Well it looks like this might be linked to why some of us got such great deals in November and December and those deals are all gone now:

Ford's 2019 profits wiped out by a tough fourth quarter

4th quarter was a good time to buy - when Ford was feeling the crunch the worst. Could have renamed that "Ford profits wiped out by selling Rangers for $10K off." :D

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well it looks like this might be linked to why some of us got such great deals in November and December and those deals are all gone now:

Ford's 2019 profits wiped out by a tough fourth quarter

4th quarter was a good time to buy - when Ford was feeling the crunch the worst. Could have renamed that "Ford profits wiped out by selling Rangers for $10K off." :D
My position was that I waited almost 3 years for the truck to re-appear on the market and that I was going to own one, incentives/rebates notwithstanding.
The $1500 off was merely icing on the cake, albeit sweet icing!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
My position was that I waited almost 3 years for the truck to re-appear on the market and that I was going to own one, incentives/rebates notwithstanding.
The $1500 off was merely icing on the cake, albeit sweet icing!
Me too.
Sponsored