First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Maybe if it came with a Cyclone or Talladega wing..
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I think one that helps lift it and one that pushes it down is the perfect solution. They would cancel each other out, perfect.
I want one to use with my clapper... clap on, clap off, the clapper

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I want one to use with my clapper... clap on, clap off, the clapper
I'll reply for Dave (@AzScorpion) since he is banned from talking dampers. Hard to clap on or clap off when your arms are full and only have one finger available to pull the handle. :LOL:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Here's some crazy shit: I had my hands full with an awkwardly sized 60 pound box this evening. I went over to the truck, pulled on the tailgate release with one finger, and let the sumbitch drop. Put the box in, then closed the tailgate.

So if I understand right, with a damper I could have stood there a little longer waiting for it to open? Was I supposed to care that it went bang when it dropped?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here's some crazy shit: I had my hands full with an awkwardly sized 60 pound box this evening. I went over to the truck, pulled on the tailgate release with one finger, and let the sumbitch drop. Put the box in, then closed the tailgate.

So if I understand right, with a damper I could have stood there a little longer waiting for it to open? Was I supposed to care that it went bang when it dropped?
Do it 20 times a week ( minimum how much I use mine) and I'll bet you that $40.00 damper would be a better investment than buying a new tailgate. :bandit:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'll reply for Dave (@AzScorpion) since he is banned from talking dampers. Hard to clap on or clap off when your arms are full and only have one finger available to pull the handle. :LOL:

Must Resist.jpg

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Do it 20 times a week ( minimum how much I use mine) and I'll bet you that $40.00 damper would be a better investment than buying a new tailgate. :bandit:
Why would you buy a new tailgate? Does damper envy make you want to get one that looks more slimming?

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Ok. A couple months back I installed a tailgate damper.
This mod made my whole life easier whenever I have to open the tailgate! No more worrying about having to deal with supporting the weight of the tailgate with my arms. No more cringing and hoping the tailgate doesn’t slip out of my hands and crash down when I open it.

I got to thinking - if ONE damper makes this much of a difference and makes opening the tailgate this much easier alleviating any fear when opening it - maybe we can make it even better by adding a 2ND TAILGATE DAMPER!
One on the other side as well.

The benefits could be substantial. For starters, the obvious advantage is to further slow down the downward motion of the tailgate. But just as important, it would balance the load and reduce the load on the single damper thus potentially increasing the lifespan of the damper. From an aesthetic point of view having one on each side might be more visually appealing.

Anyone want to be the first in trying to add a SECOND DAMPER? Adding the first one was quite an undertaking and I’m not up for this challenge.....but maybe someone else is? I wanted to share this idea as maybe it has some potential.

Are you serious Clark ?

"No more worrying about having to deal with supporting the weight of the tailgate with my arms."

The friggin' thing weighs almost nothing.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Your best bet is just leaving the tailgate down i think
I'm one who actually uses my truck for work every day. Sometimes I'm at 2-3 different homes and I'm in/out of the back of my truck getting equipment out. If I left it open they would be scattered all over town.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I honestly think that this is a front.
You don't really work at peoples homes do you?
You are part of the Mafia.
I suspect your name is really the Garbage Man and you are head of the Disposal department....you don't want your tailgate down because people would see the bodies.
With that in mind, how can I be of assistance sir? ( must stay on your good side)
Ok, busted...I'm actually the CEO of DeeZee. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly think that this is a front.
You don't really work at peoples homes do you?
You are part of the Mafia.
I suspect your name is really the Garbage Man and you are head of the Disposal department....you don't want your tailgate down because people would see the bodies.
With that in mind, how can I be of assistance sir? ( must stay on your good side)
1606827888006.png

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Buying a new tailgate? Why?

The tailgate is designed to support 485 lbs. So that means the cables and all attachment hardware can support 485 lbs.

Think about that.

You think dropping a lightweight aluminum tailgate, with no load, is going to hurt something?

I don't normally drop it, but I sure don't worry when I do.
Sponsored