First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
When I bought the truck in April 2021 I did a Sync update in the parking lot with the sales rep via Wifi. Since then I haven't done it again. I see you all talking about using a USB to do this update. Is there a difference between Wifi and USB updates?

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
When I bought the truck in April 2021 I did a Sync update in the parking lot with the sales rep via Wifi. Since then I haven't done it again. I see you all talking about using a USB to do this update. Is there a difference between Wifi and USB updates?
There shouldn’t be only difference is how you feed it the data

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Just jumping in with a +1 that I’m also having this issue with my 2019 Lariat. I’m just under 50k miles now, had my battery replaced earlier in the year, and this issue started for me a few weeks ago.

I just updated to the latest official build from Ford (23188) via USB and am hoping that this will resolve things. While waiting for the update to complete, I noticed that there are some settings for SYNC Analytics and SYNC Diagnostics under Settings > General Settings. I turned those off, thinking they may be the source of much (some? any?) of the logging data that could be filling up the rwdata partition.

I agree with others that this is completely unacceptable from Ford. Even if they need a ridiculous amount of time to fix the technical aspect of the issue, they should have communicated this with their impacted customers. Feels like poor tech management.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Updated to 3.4.23188, so far has fixed everything, keeps the display setting, XM radio comes on to the last channel I was listening to. Ford told me my telematics unit was bad, disappointed that Ford did not acknowledge this software issue. And my ASS started working after the upgrade. I plugged in the USB stick while I was doing my meals on wheels route and let it update while driving, took about 25 minutes. Turned the truck off, opened the door, locked the door, closed the door, restarted the truck , reset my display, tuned to the Beatles channel and at the next stop sign ASS kicked in. So weird but getting used to wierd with this ruck.

Last edited:

GreeneSayle

First Name
Greene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Fuel Sales
Updated to 3.4.23188, so far has fixed everything, keeps the display setting, XM radio comes on to the last channel I was listening to. Ford told me my telematics unit was bad, disappointed that Ford did not acknowledge this software issue. And my ASS started working after the upgrade. I plugged in the USB stick while I was doing my meals on wheels route and let it update while driving, took about 25 minutes. Turned the truck off, opened the door, locked the door, closed the door, restarted the truck , reset my display, tuned to the Beatles channel and at the next stop sign ASS kicked in. So weird but getting used to wierd with this ruck.
Where are y’all finding that 3.4.23188 number? Just updated mine hoping to correct it but these are the only numbers I see.

IMG_9729.jpeg

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Where are y’all finding that 3.4.23188 number? Just updated mine hoping to correct it but these are the only numbers I see.

IMG_9729.jpeg
When your update is successful, the Build Number will show "Build 23188". Your Sync is still on 3.4 Build 22251.

GreeneSayle

First Name
Greene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Fuel Sales
When your update is successful, the Build Number will show "Build 23188". Your Sync is still on 3.4 Build 22251.
I don’t understand. I updated it a few minutes ago and it gave me that number. Got back in my truck after reading your response and checked for updates again. Went through the update all over again but it’s still giving me the same number.

IMG_9731.jpeg

IMG_9730.jpeg

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
The truck won’t see the update unless Ford pushes it to the truck, the software is up to date is misleading
Exactly, I tried updating all last week and it would not. After reading a similar comment I tried a few days after last attempt and it hooked up to wifi and got the current update. Been fine since that I can tell. Previously, I had the black screen of death, uncontrollable radio, etc

GreeneSayle

First Name
Greene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Fuel Sales
Go to the ford website - use your account- it should show the update there.
Download to computer and transfer to USB- install from that
OTA - is problematic
Thanks. I went to my account but couldn’t find where to download. What should I be looking for?