davidjames9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if anyone is experiencing this issue. For the past couple of weeks, when I start my truck, I've been having sync issues. First and foremost my satellite radio is not returning to the last channel I was listening to when the truck was turned off. It either goes to station 0 or just says my radio ID # most of the time. Other times it reverts to an FM station. I never listen to AM or FM radio, so I then need to change the source. Thirdly, the display setting reverts back to Auto sometimes. I always keep it on Night mode as I prefer that setting. As a note, I've owned the truck for 3 years with no previous issues. I have called Ford as well as Sirius. They have done resets and refreshed the signal for Sirius. And I have reinstalled the latest Sync3 version and done a hard reset to the system.

IMG_5297.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
These electrical issue seems to have a mind of their own. I'd try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then see if that helps reset everything.

Max Crafter

Banned
Banned
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Sync issues are generally more in depth than a regular reset can fix.
sometimes the problem starts from an earlier update, and the only way to solve it is to back track on the updates.
There is a TSB out there for sync issues.
The one forum that seems to be a good go to for sync problems is the Explorer forums. Those guys must have the lions share of problems.
Perhaps a browse over there will net you some much more valuable assistance.

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Has anyone experienced this? It started about 3 weeks ago, whenever I shut my truck off and restart it the radio will default to an FM channel. Sometimes it will default to SiriusXM channel 0. If itā€™s on FM and I select SiriusXM as the audio source it goes to channel 0.
Sync is 3.4. 19 Lariat.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
In the last week something happened to my infotainment system.

Everytime I turn off my vehicle and then restart it flips back to an AM channel and on XM goes to a screen that shows my radio #. I did not change any settings.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
I am experiencing the same thing on a 2020 Lariat Anyone notified Ford of the problem?

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
same has creeped up on my ā€˜19 Lariat with Nav.

A few other tidbits:
- Iā€™ve been on version 22251 for about 2 months now and no problems
- I always turn the radio off before shutting off the truck, but now either of the following occurs:
ā€”- If I was previously listening to an AM channel, the radio comes on immediately when I start the truck (even though was previously off), or
ā€”- If I was previously listening to Sirius, the radio doesnā€™t automatically turn on but when I turn it on it starts at channel 0 (the radio ID as indicated above).

Very odd that this is happening to more than just me and all of a sudden for us having this happen. I donā€™t do automatic updates either.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Does anyone on this board have contacts at Ford to let them know of these issues?

Phantomfixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX 4
Has anyone experienced this? It started about 3 weeks ago, whenever I shut my truck off and restart it the radio will default to an FM channel. Sometimes it will default to SiriusXM channel 0. If itā€™s on FM and I select SiriusXM as the audio source it goes to channel 0.
Sync is 3.4. 19 Lariat.
I've had the same issue but it does seem to happen only when I stop the truck for a short period of time, say like stopping for gas or something like that.Actually I had zero issues until I did the last update and that's when the issues I have began

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
same has creeped up on my ā€˜19 Lariat with Nav.

A few other tidbits:
- Iā€™ve been on version 22251 for about 2 months now and no problems
- I always turn the radio off before shutting off the truck, but now either of the following occurs:
ā€”- If I was previously listening to an AM channel, the radio comes on immediately when I start the truck (even though was previously off), or
ā€”- If I was previously listening to Sirius, the radio doesnā€™t automatically turn on but when I turn it on it starts at channel 0 (the radio ID as indicated above).

Very odd that this is happening to more than just me and all of a sudden for us having this happen. I donā€™t do automatic updates either.
Sooooo, I guess the way to resolve this (at least in my case) is to post here.

After performing as above on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, this morning itā€™s back to working as normal. Strange that it happened, and resolved itself, out of nowhere though.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sooooo, I guess the way to resolve this (at least in my case) is to post here.

After performing as above on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, this morning itā€™s back to working as normal. Strange that it happened, and resolved itself, out of nowhere though.
arrgh, spoke too soon. Back to doing it againā€¦.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't had your issue, but I use a USB drive for my music and it takes a while to index when I start the truck. So if I turn on audio too soon I get FM radio. Maybe your audio source is not immediately ready as well. When this happens I use the voice input and say play USB.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
My issues are getting worse. Now system locks up after turning off. Anyone know if an update/fix is coming?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
You may have to remove all Bluetooth devices and then reset, redo xm activation. Once everything is working then turn Bluetooth back on and reconnect devices. It worked for me about a year ago.
Sponsored