Sync3 symbols

Tommy Oberon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max
Vehicle Showcase
I have a symbol on my Sync3 that I do not understand. It is two up and down arrows with an angled directional arrow next to it. This shows up next to my cell signal symbol on the upper right of the screen. Can anyone tell me what those are for?
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I have a symbol on my Sync3 that I do not understand. It is two up and down arrows with an angled directional arrow next to it. This shows up next to my cell signal symbol on the upper right of the screen. Can anyone tell me what those are for?
I believe it means you have your Hotspot Activated and functioning. If I am wrong, someone please correct me. It's what mine is showing as well, and didn't show this until I activated my Hotspot.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm..I have the up/down symbols too but havent activated my Ranger Hotspot.
If you click that icon, you get "connection options" - I think it has to do with the FordPass app.

I have not activated my hotspot (although it shows up and my phone tried to connect to it once and it redirected me to a page to sign up).

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
985A7BEF-D994-4A4D-996C-CBA2A9026B94.jpeg
If you click that icon, you get "connection options" - I think it has to do with the FordPass app.

I have not activated my hotspot (although it shows up and my phone tried to connect to it once and it redirected me to a page to sign up).
Yeah, I have all my connections active except for the System Update and I have the icon.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that symbol means that location sharing (with Ford Pass) is enabled.
Well, I just played with each of the Connectivity Settings and here is what I found. If you disable the TOP Slider "Connectivity Features" it disconnects both the "Location" sharing feature and the "Vehicle data & Remote Control" sliders. There is NO icon remaining on the Home Screen.

If you disable just the "Location" Slider, the icon changes to Two Dashed lines One Up, One Down.

With Both "Location" and Vehicle Data sharing & remote Control sliders enabled, you get the icon with Dashed lines and the Directional triangle.

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
Over a year later and still isn't in any of the manuals, online or physical. Suspected it was indicating communication with the Ford Pass app but wasn't sure, quick google search brought me here! ☺

COLMtnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Well, I just played with each of the Connectivity Settings and here is what I found. If you disable the TOP Slider "Connectivity Features" it disconnects both the "Location" sharing feature and the "Vehicle data & Remote Control" sliders. There is NO icon remaining on the Home Screen.

If you disable just the "Location" Slider, the icon changes to Two Dashed lines One Up, One Down.

With Both "Location" and Vehicle Data sharing & remote Control sliders enabled, you get the icon with Dashed lines and the Directional triangle.
So when these icons are up, do they override the Wi-fi icon? I can't figure out why I don't see the Wi-fi icon, even though it shows I am connected to my home network on the detailed screen. If someone can solve this mystery, I will be eternally grateful :)
Sponsored