First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
The truck shows Sync 3.4.23188 but the Ford Owner site shows it needs updating to 3.4.23188.
Curious, I went back into the truck setting menu and did a check for available updates.

It is now downloading 4U5T-14G422-CAM. This file is not part of the 3.4.23188 update but it is a file that gets loaded with the new map (2.22) (I've got my Map Update USB ready to go)

I wish I knew what that file does....is there a secret decoder ring that shows what these various files do? I'll let it continue until completed as the truck is not running and I won't be doing the map update for a week or so. I wonder if it's going to find more files to update....
It may be doing the map update over wifi. I did mine that way one time and it took several days to finally get it done. Yours may go faster if you are leaving the truck on. I do all mine with the USB now.
@UofMEngineer may be able to provide some details on the specific file you asked about.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
It may be doing the map update over wifi. I did mine that way one time and it took several days to finally get it done. Yours may go faster if you are leaving the truck on. I do all mine with the USB now.
@UofMEngineer may be able to provide some details on the specific file you asked about.
Yeah, I thought about that.
This time the update did not complete before the truck shut it down.
When I restarted the truck the download looked stalled. Nothing was happening. I tried plugging in my USB Map update but that was ignored. The bottom line is I had to perform a master reset to get out of that loop. I've turned off auto update until I load the map. After that it won't need to download Map files.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yeah, I thought about that.
This time the update did not complete before the truck shut it down.
When I restarted the truck the download looked stalled. Nothing was happening. I tried plugging in my USB Map update but that was ignored. The bottom line is I had to perform a master reset to get out of that loop. I've turned off auto update until I load the map. After that it won't need to download Map files.
you just need patience. it might take days, but it'll eventually finish. and in the meantime you can be sitting back and enjoying a frosty beverage instead of dicking around with fords absolutely pathetic usb upgrade process.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
you just need patience. it might take days, but it'll eventually finish. and in the meantime you can be sitting back and enjoying a frosty beverage instead of dicking around with fords absolutely pathetic usb upgrade process.
Yeah, who ever thought it was okay to need the engine running for SW installs should find another line of work.

Ohwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Does the climate control in sink 3.4.23188 show heated seat icons for those vehicles that have them?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Does the climate control in sink 3.4.23188 show heated seat icons for those vehicles that have them?
Not sure about the update, but you can turn them on with FORSCAN.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Mine does not, but I don't know if it did before 23188 because I never use that screen.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I turned on the seat heater icons with Forscan way back in 21 when I couldn't see the buttons during the day. They have stayed on through all the Sync updates I have installed.

Ohwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Hmmmm.....mine doesn't. Is it only when the seat heater is on?
I could have sworn they were there in 3.4.22251 before I did the map update but I don't see them now. They were in the climate menu I thought.

Ohwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I turned on the seat heater icons with Forscan way back in 21 when I couldn't see the buttons during the day. They have stayed on through all the Sync updates I have installed.
Maybe they were never on for my truck then.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hmmmm.....mine doesn't. Is it only when the seat heater is on?
Mine are always there and always have been.

Let me go take a look and see if there's anything unusual that needs to be done, that I just happen to be doing, to get them to appear.
Sponsored