First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Fuelly.... with respect to actual mpg... isn't doing anything you can't do with a pen, a note pad, and a calculator.

Wait, no, I'm wrong. The pen, note pad and calculator isn't spying on you, tracking your driving habits and location and then selling that data and your information.

https://www.fuelly.com/privacy
https://www.fuelly.com/terms

Never mind. Carry On.

When I think of fuellie... here's what comes to mind.... 1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe

1623597889579.png
In today’s age you have to wonder who isn’t tracking your every move! Seriously now matter what you do today you’re being tracked somehow
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You literally cant leave your house now a day without being tracked. Go to the grocery store they have cameras, use your credit cards they have a history of you now, get delivery services to your home, tracked. Even if you don't have a smartphone they can still track you by your cell records. I was reading where they IRS was cracking down on people who were falsely reporting their permanent residence. They can pull up your cell records and tell exactly where you were and it you were in a different area than your claimed residence on your returns. Your digital footprint is everywhere now.

https://blog.monaeo.com/when-the-tax-auditor-subpoenas-your-cell-phone-records

You may have read one of our previous blog posts about the intricacies of residency tax audits. Residency audits are highly intrusive and personal, as the auditor seeks to understand where you are spending your days. Auditors will subpoena and dig through the details of your life, such as credit card statements, EZ-Pass records, social media accounts, key-card entry logs, cell phone records and more.

OP
OP
FX4Offroad

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I swear when I put it in sport mode and enjoy that sweet acceleration, the “avg. mpg” starts climbing slowly. Prolly just coincidence. Also, does anyone else feel a very slight hum or vibration through the brake pedal when in sport mode? Not complaining just curious.
Regarding the brake pedal hum, I think it might be the transmission holding the gear at a higher RPM.

I don't have it on my Ranger by my wife's Edge ST has it in sport mode. That thing is a beast in sport mode and AWD! LOVE driving it - when she's not in it of course. ?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
In today’s age you have to wonder who isn’t tracking your every move! Seriously now matter what you do today you’re being tracked somehow
You literally cant leave your house now a day without being tracked. Go to the grocery store they have cameras, use your credit cards they have a history of you now, get delivery services to your home, tracked. Even if you don't have a smartphone they can still track you by your cell records. I was reading where they IRS was cracking down on people who were falsely reporting their permanent residence. They can pull up your cell records and tell exactly where you were and it you were in a different area than your claimed residence on your returns. Your digital footprint is everywhere now.

https://blog.monaeo.com/when-the-tax-auditor-subpoenas-your-cell-phone-records
Of course you fella's are right, but I don't understand making it easier for them though. Don't just submit and say "No matter what you do....."

If the app is free... you don't want it.

Deleted member 1634

IMO it’s folly to think you are ever getting over 24 MPG in real life with this truck, which sort of matches up with EPA ratings. Yes, I think if you drive between 55 and 65 MPH on flat roads, stock H/T tires and with cruise, you will see 24 or a little over, but never realistically any higher in the long run. The public and universal Fuelly data supports this theory. I have hand calculated nearly every gallon of gas and my best on a flat stretch on the 5 south freeway in California was just over 25 with stock H/T and cruise set @ 69 MPH. I have since switched to larger 32” A/T and a level lift which hurt mpg about 2 MPG. Worth it in my opinion because the truck now gets compliments everywhere on the street. Any truck over 20 MPG in real life situations is still fantastic to me so I won’t complain.
If I didn't spend a majority of my miles towing and/or driving through snow and ice at below 0F temps, then my lifetime average would be probably around 25mpg. I regularly get 27mpg (sometimes I can eek out 29mpg) on the highway (when not towing) and 23mpg in the city (when it's not winter). All hand calculated and dumped in Fuelly. The problem is it drops to 20mpg while towing and 18mpg while winter city trips, which is most of my driving given where we live and what we use the truck for. But I'm not a normal driver, which works out for me.

Reactions: Doc

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a Ford Pass new policy which I must accept to ever use Ford Pass again. It says they can tract me and and the truck and I can use it for purchases but they and there venders and anything else that they want to do have ABSOLUTLY NO RESPONSIBILITY. O and their only concern is your enjoyment of their services. Of course I am paraphrasing the policy. There probably way more "I am god and you will like me" legalese that I didnt waste my time reading. I had to accept but DIDNT. One finger salute Ford Pass.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I just got a Ford Pass new policy which I must accept to ever use Ford Pass again. It says they can tract me and and the truck and I can use it for purchases but they and there venders and anything else that they want to do have ABSOLUTLY NO RESPONSIBILITY. O and their only concern is your enjoyment of their services. Of course I am paraphrasing the policy. There probably way more "I am god and you will like me" legalese that I didnt waste my time reading. I had to accept but DIDNT. One finger salute Ford Pass.
Well done.

Pretty sure that same wording was in the 2019 agreement.... that's the reason I also "passed" on Fordpass when we bought our truck.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I had a 240 mile round trip down I-20.

14.5 MPG @ cruise set to 84 MPH.

Can I get the award for more terrible mileage when not towing a camper award?
You're the .... winner?

I wonder how great the mileage is at 120 mph? :LOL:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You're the .... winner?

I wonder how great the mileage is at 120 mph? :LOL:
Actually the difference between 84 mph and 70 mph in my truck is 14.5 MPG vs. 16 MPG. lol

I'm not loaded by any stretch of the imagination, but in most cases I perceive time the same as money and often time > money. One of my pet peeves when someone wastes large chunks of my time.

If I can arrive at my destination 20 minutes earlier and safely, I will. That is 40 minutes saved round trip. The longer the distance the more it compounds.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the difference between 84 mph and 70 mph in my truck is 14.5 MPG vs. 16 MPG. lol

I'm not loaded by any stretch of the imagination, but in most cases I perceive time the same as money and often time > money. One of my pet peeves when someone wastes large chunks of my time.
114 threads and 1321 messages, how much more $$ could you have made if you had all that Ranger5g time back lol.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Of course you fella's are right, but I don't understand making it easier for them though.…

If the app is free... you don't want it.

Found something I think is yours ;)

If big brother wants to track you they already know all they want For many years now. Your just thinking about it today.

281BF57D-420E-4BDE-8E2D-7BF931B67EFB.png
Sponsored