NEW Blue Bronco is home and it is Sweet!

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
When did you order it. Looks really nice.
Did not expect to get it this early but with not getting it with too many options and staying with the softtop until they figure out those problems that we got it early by 1 year!!! Great dealer also with no mark up - bought at MSRP of 41K MSRP form id level with some options - but also NO FREE oil changes or even rear carpet liners!! THEY did not add on any BS items either... Nice.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Interior is much more elegant than our Ranger and controls make more sense. Stcked more appropriaterly and easier to use. Suprizingly it is only 1 inch longer than the mustang and the ranger sits just a little higher. VERY quiet driving with the soft top!

View attachment 113291
Gorgeous!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Interior is much more elegant than our Ranger and controls make more sense. Stcked more appropriaterly and easier to use. Suprizingly it is only 1 inch longer than the mustang and the ranger sits just a little higher. VERY quiet driving with the soft top!

View attachment 113291
That looks great, man! The wife and I are considering the Bronco for our next vehicle, depending on what the 6th Generation Rangers look like. Your Bronco is very much like the one that I have been putting together on "Build & Price," except that we would want the hard-top. The blue is killer on the black background! It kind of looks like the Black Appearance Package by another name, or without the name. Congratulations!

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting on the hard top is the only way we got it early and plan to add it when that issue is straightened out. MY S/O loves the convertible look and we have a garage to store it in so no problems with that. IT is so very quiet inside even being a ragtop. They did a great job on the interior. Took advantage of the very High value of trade in on our 2020 High Performance stick shift Mustang made it effortless with unreal low 2.0 interest rate. Traded in for what we paid for it a year ago.

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting on the hard top is the only way we got it early and plan to add it when that issue is straightened out. MY S/O loves the convertible look and we have a garage to store it in so no problems with that. IT is so very quiet inside even being a ragtop. They did a great job on the interior. Took advantage of the very High value of trade in on our 2020 High Performance stick shift Mustang made it effortless with unreal low 2.0 interest rate. Traded in for what we paid for it a year ago.
That is surprising that you say the inside is so quiet. I was able to spend some time recently looking over the Broncos at my Ford dealer while the techs were doing routine maintenance on my Ranger. I really liked the setup, the seats were firmer than the Ranger seats but still comfortable, and I loved the space in the back of the four-door with the seats down. I did not have a chance to drive one, and I was just assuming (and accepting) that the Bronco would be noisier on the inside than the Ranger. So, surprising, but good to know! Any other surprises, now that you own one?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That is surprising that you say the inside is so quiet. I was able to spend some time recently looking over the Broncos at my Ford dealer while the techs were doing routine maintenance on my Ranger. I really liked the setup, the seats were firmer than the Ranger seats but still comfortable, and I loved the space in the back of the four-door with the seats down. I did not have a chance to drive one, and I was just assuming (and accepting) that the Bronco would be noisier on the inside than the Ranger. So, surprising, but good to know! Any other surprises, now that you own one?
I was able to drive two different Broncos. The first one was a soft top on the road driving about 45 mph and it was very noisy most of it coming from the rear. The second was a hard top and mostly driven off road (but a little on road too) and while not as quiet as our Ranger it was noticeably quieter than the soft top.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought an easy up that came in a 7 ft x 12 inch box and was not sure it would fit into the Bronco and with the seats flat the box fit entirely into the rear of the bronco ! I would not have been able to do that on the ranger with out it sticking up over the tailgate! The seats are more comfortable so far than the Ranger sorry to say as are the controls easier to deal with. Have to play with the settings to see if they go as deep as the Ranger does. **Tried to cease the start/stop with the 12v led plug in the rear like I do on the Ranger and for some reason does not work on the Bronco.. Hmmm?

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to drive two different Broncos. The first one was a soft top on the road driving about 45 mph and it was very noisy most of it coming from the rear. The second was a hard top and mostly driven off road (but a little on road too) and while not as quiet as our Ranger it was noticeably quieter than the soft top.
Hey, Dave, thanks for this comment. It makes sense that the hardtop would be quieter than the soft top, and I was sort of assuming that even with the hardtop (and its sound-deadening accessory), the Bronco would still be louder inside than the Ranger. This would not be a deal-killer for us, anyway, as there are so many other things to consider. You can always turn up the music! Hey, that reminds me, which one has the better music system?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey, Dave, thanks for this comment. It makes sense that the hardtop would be quieter than the soft top, and I was sort of assuming that even with the hardtop (and its sound-deadening accessory), the Bronco would still be louder inside than the Ranger. This would not be a deal-killer for us, anyway, as there are so many other things to consider. You can always turn up the music! Hey, that reminds me, which one has the better music system?
I honestly never turned on the radio in either of them. But from what others on the Bronco forum have said the stock radio is just ok. Some have changed out the front & rear speakers with some mid priced ones and said it made a huge difference in sound. I have the B&O in my Ranger and it's pretty good for a stock radio.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It will drive you crazy tracking it like it did my S/O... They were kind enough to send pics as it flowed off the Assy line with the window sticker!

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. First surprise is that it does not come with front parking sensors and we have the mid level package Second is start stop can not be stopped simply by plugging in a led night light in the rear 12V plug in recepticle like on our Ranger.. Grrrrr.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly never turned on the radio in either of them. But from what others on the Bronco forum have said the stock radio is just ok. Some have changed out the front & rear speakers with some mid priced ones and said it made a huge difference in sound. I have the B&O in my Ranger and it's pretty good for a stock radio.
Yeah, I am really enjoying the B&O in the Ranger Lariat, and do not feel any need to upgrade it. If the Bronco sounds that good (or better) stock, then that would be a real plus.