Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn’t it be something if you got lucky and found tie-down hardware?
I keep reading that they only come with two tiedowns but my truck came with four. I wonder if they made a mistake. Maybe they forgot to hide the two of them and just mounted them instead.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I keep reading that they only come with two tiedowns but my truck came with four. I wonder if they made a mistake. Maybe they forgot to hide the two of them and just mounted them instead.
I wish they had hidden two on mine. ?

The early 2019 Ranger came with six tie-downs but midway through the production year, they stopped installing the middle two tie-downs. Since then, there have only been as many as four. If someone posted only having two, that’s something new or maybe a build error.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they had hidden two on mine. ?

The early 2019 Ranger came with six tie-downs but midway through the production year, they stopped installing the middle two tie-downs. Since then, there have only been as many as four. If someone posted only having two, that’s something new or maybe a build error.
As I thought about it after reading your post I think what I must have read was that they were missing two and not that there were only two.

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
As I thought about it after reading your post I think but I must have read was that they were missing two and not that they were only two.
If they did, or do, reduce it to two, prepare yourself for the endless pearl-clutching on the forum. ?

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Larry,

We faced this many times during the preproduction builds....nuts and bolts inside rocker panels etc. Mostly at Edison NJ assembly and this tainted me to any association with NJ. Installing the front grill Ford Oval upside down was a favorite, until the culprit was fired... Not much for real production vehicles as there was squeak and rattle testing and we could radar in on the line worker pretty quickly. They were soon headed to the unemployment line. Sad when the customer has to face this...

Best,
Phil
Forgot to say he did not last.:thumbsdown:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
That ain't nothin! I have at least three or four extras every time I take something apart and put it back together. They're always putting extras in everything. No wonder they charge so much money for something now because they're giving away extra parts that you find when you take something apart.
Why just last week I tore my dryer apart to change the dryer belt and when I put it together I had four extra scews! So nice of GE to think of me knowing I might need a screw here or there when I'm doing stuff around the house, or because sometimes, well, I'm missing a few screws in my top shelf.
They call those virtual "Easter eggs." They now use that term for hidden goodies and video games. So you really didn't find anything extra, you found exactly what they wanted you to find!
https://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/easter-egg
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 6.30.33 PM.png
The mechanic that we used for all our farm equipment growing up was not only really good at his job, he also had a really fun sense of humor. He told us once that when they have a new guy working in the shop, after he completely takes apart a tractor for a major job, somebody will casually drop a couple extra bolts amongst the pieces, just to watch new guy's reaction after everything gets put back together and there's still bolts left over. He told us that this doesn't work with experienced mechanics as they just shrug it off and toss the extras aside.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The mechanic that we used for all our farm equipment growing up was not only really good at his job, he also had a really fun sense of humor. He told us once that when they have a new guy working in the shop, after he completely takes apart a tractor for a major job, somebody will casually drop a couple extra bolts amongst the pieces, just to watch new guy's reaction after everything gets put back together and there's still bolts left over. He told us that this doesn't work with experienced mechanics as they just shrug it off and toss the extras aside.
That is so funny! I wish I would've thought of that from time to time on the jobs and people had to take things apart for electrical work. The best we ever did was put their hacksaw blades on backwards when they wouldn't around or flip a porta bandsaw blade inside out and then it's cutting backwards. You can do those things to the experience guys but the new guys well they were so easy. Go get me the skyhook was a favorite. When they went asking somebody if they knew where the skyhook was, they knew what was happening and would send them on endless journeys. Go over there around the corner there of the building there and if you don't see it there just ask somebody else because that's where I last saw it.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
If you haven't seen Ford vs Ferrari, I recommend it.

There's one scene where Shelby drops an extra bolt into the Ferrari pit area that makes the crew go nuts when they find it. Hilarious.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
The Monday or Friday built vehicle thing is a long standing belief, when I was at two different Ford dealers I tracked the production dates of the vehicles that were bought back, and here in Calif there were a lot of them, out of many vehicles over 19yrs I looked up, the production dates on only a few of them were Monday or Friday built, surprised the heck out of me.
Sponsored