Support group for those waiting for their MY23 Ranger

LifeisaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Given delays, I'm starting to wonder if some 2023 orders will be pushed to the 2024 model. When do they cut over the 2024 model production?
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: Doc

conwash

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Product Manager
Happy New Year everyone! I believe we are still within the statute of limitations for that saying lol.

Might I say, I am thoroughly impressed with this truck. I've been getting some awesome use out of it and loving every second of it. Totally worth the wait for those still anticipating delivery.

I've actually been most impressed with how the truck does in snow. I'm usually skeptical on the electronic terrain modes, but I found the snow/gravel/grass terrain mode and the manual shifting to work very well in the snow and down hills. It got me home safely from WY to CO in a snow and wind storm. Hope you all are having positive experiences too!

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpeg

Azhang253

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Happy New Year everyone! I believe we are still within the statute of limitations for that saying lol.

Might I say, I am thoroughly impressed with this truck. I've been getting some awesome use out of it and loving every second of it. Totally worth the wait for those still anticipating delivery.

I've actually been most impressed with how the truck does in snow. I'm usually skeptical on the electronic terrain modes, but I found the snow/gravel/grass terrain mode and the manual shifting to work very well in the snow and down hills. It got me home safely from WY to CO in a snow and wind storm. Hope you all are having positive experiences too!

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpeg
Looks like a great time!

Terrain modes should technically work great in certain circumstances. Being able to keep each wheel at ideal slip% and traction% is definitely what you want, compared to open-open differentials. Especially since ford’s traction control systems are very well programmed and do a great job at keep each wheel at the ideal amount of traction. Engineering Explained has a great video on how it works.

Unless I get a dealer lot one with FX4 before my MY23 arrives, I will likely use for scan to add the terrain management to my XL order.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

IMG_3651.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpeg
Now I want to go drive mine in the snow.

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
Given delays, I'm starting to wonder if some 2023 orders will be pushed to the 2024 model. When do they cut over the 2024 model production?
Not even close….. my first 2022 Ranger I ordered took 7 1/2 months to get. Now I am ordering a 2023 for my son which looks like it will take at the most 5 1/2 months.

Last edited:

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
In the expected delivery window now! The anticipation is getting pretty unreal, like give it here already dang it! But really sitting at just over 100 days right now so not too shabby, I’m just being a baby.

Opened a Ford chat window to get assistance with returning a lower rear valance for a mustang that I did not order nor pay for, and while I was at it I asked if they could give me any update on the rail tracking but they were less than helpful on both accounts. They seeming don’t want their $300 valence back, which is scary even as just a minor shareholder, likewise they couldn’t tell me any more than what the generic order tracking page does showing a 1/6-12 delivery.

Oh well, I’ll bug my salesman for an updated report tomorrow before he’s off for his weekend. Last history report he sent it was sitting in Blue Island, IL the day after Xmas.

Icemanhd

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired
Opened a Ford chat window to get assistance with returning a lower rear valance for a mustang that I did not order nor pay for, and while I was at it I asked if they could give me any update on the rail tracking but they were less than helpful on both accounts. They seeming don’t want their $300 valence back, which is scary even as just a minor shareholder, likewise they couldn’t tell me any more than what the generic order tracking page does showing a 1/6-12 delivery.
Strange, I ordered a 6 foot "high impact" bed/tailgate liner from Ford in Dec when they had the 20% off special. It arrived in a 5 x 1.5 x 1.5 box and had a hole in the box, and when I finally opened the box found the liner had a hole poked through it. Tried repeatedly with Ford accessories to just give me a 25% discount and keep the damaged item but no luck so back it went in the damaged box. Good news, they let you keep your item, bad news you didn't order it...

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
Strange, I ordered a 6 foot "high impact" bed/tailgate liner from Ford in Dec when they had the 20% off special. It arrived in a 5 x 1.5 x 1.5 box and had a hole in the box, and when I finally opened the box found the liner had a hole poked through it. Tried repeatedly with Ford accessories to just give me a 25% discount and keep the damaged item but no luck so back it went in the damaged box. Good news, they let you keep your item, bad news you didn't order it...
This order was from the December sale too, wondering who was missing their lower valence under the tree :giggle:

Threw it up on marketplace for $100. Maybe someone can use the come-up. Otherwise I’ve got a dump run planned, and in the land fill she goes. Rather large box I’m not looking to deal with for long haha.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
This order was from the December sale too, wondering who was missing their lower valence under the tree :giggle:

Threw it up on marketplace for $100. Maybe someone can use the come-up. Otherwise I’ve got a dump run planned, and in the land fill she goes. Rather large box I’m not looking to deal with for long haha.
C'mon now....waste not, want not.......slap a row of battery powered led's across it and then some 3M double sided tape to stick it to the front of your cab.....a truly unique mod. :sunglasses:

Icemanhd

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired
RedlandRanger you are correct about things speeding once the train clears the upper midwest and Rockies. The train with my Aug 10th Ranger XL order made it to Wadena Minnesota yesterday morning and has been making great time ever since. Currently just past Glasgow, MT in Tampico so its making great progress. From the info you posted of your journey below looks like the train may make it into Tacoma, WA in approx 3 days and my dealership will take it from there. Anyone else in the PNW have an order on that train?

Mine did the same thing back in 2019. It took almost 21 days to get to me and of that 21 days, it spent about 10 days just sitting going nowhere. Once it gets into the plains it will most likely start making a lot better time. I remember after mine left the Chicago area it started moving a lot faster.
RangerStatusListing.PNG

Hairski

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Rav 4
Still holding my production date of Jan 31st, so not yet pushed which is good news!

How long did it take everyone's truck to ship to the dealer after production was completed? Mine will be shipped to Toronto which isn't far from Michigan obviously, but I have no idea how long is the typical wait. I have a week off starting February 10th and hopefully sometime that week it will be received so I can install all my goodies, but that would be a short turnaround so not overly hopeful.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Still holding my production date of Jan 31st, so not yet pushed which is good news!

How long did it take everyone's truck to ship to the dealer after production was completed? Mine will be shipped to Toronto which isn't far from Michigan obviously, but I have no idea how long is the typical wait. I have a week off starting February 10th and hopefully sometime that week it will be received so I can install all my goodies, but that would be a short turnaround so not overly hopeful.
Mine took 2 weeks from Michigan to Virginia, but the convoy (truck) had mechanical problems along the way so that delayed things at least several days.
Sponsored