JDCinVA

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
Want to make another post so this new issue gets attention?
Nah, I don't think it's important enough of an issue. It's really just a curiosity to me!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JDCinVA

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the issue with this? More detail.
Look at my post on the first page, #11. No real issue, it just seems this hook and catch are there for no reason, because they don't engage or appear to do anything!

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Did you notice if the rubber stops were still in place? I'm wondering if dealers are starting to remove them proactively to address this issue.
Yes, the little rubber stops were in place, but I didn't count them, so it's possible one had been removed already (but not by the dealer - he wasn't aware of the problem till I mentioned it).

Last edited:

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
@JDCinVA did re-installed all but 1 rubber stop fix it? What does passenger inboard even mean?
If there were originally 4, then the term would refer to the 2 inside ones. One on each the drivers side and the passenger side

OP
OP
JDCinVA

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there were originally 4, then the term would refer to the 2 inside ones. One on each the drivers side and the passenger side
That was my assumption as well. The passenger inboard rubber stop is the one closest to the latch. I re-installed three of the rubber stops (two on drivers side, and outer stop on passenger side), and the latch properly catches. You still have to close it pretty hard, pressing it right where the latch is, but it closes. Of course, it's been warmer out too, and warmer ambient temp seemed to help it close even with all four stops in.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
SSM 47794 - 2019 Ranger Super Crew - Folding Rear Seat Back Hard To Latch – Built On Or Before 30-Jan-2019

Some 2019 Ranger Super Crew vehicles built on or before 30-Jan-2019, may exhibit a hard to latch rear seatback to the upright (Normal) position. This may be due to 4 installed rubber bumpers in the seatback frame. To resolve the concern, remove the passenger inboard rubber bumper by the seatback latch. Verify proper operation, may need to adjust the latch after the removal of the 4th bumper. Vehicles built after 30-Jan-2019 will only have 3 bumpers installed, and small patch to cover the exposed hole in seatback cover material Use Flocked Tape (Fuzzy) 164-R4903. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-10B. The 4th Rubber bumper is no longer equipped due to a running change. The vehicle is not misbuilt. The addition of any parts would not be considered a warrantable repair. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same problem and stopped at the service dept yesterday . A mechanic tried a few times and it didn't latch. He used more force and it locked. He said it should get easier after awhile
Yes I know that was BS but it actually does seem to close with a bit less force now but still should be less force.
I brought up the armrest doesn't come down. There was a loop pull on top of the armrest but it came right off and wasn't attached to anything.
Will be looked at when I bring the truck in for service. Maybe when my registration comes in or recall gets done.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
My XLT HAD the same problem and the service manager said that he had not hear a problem with that. When I did that many other people on the internet had the same problem, his solution was that he did not read the vlogs as it was just a bunch of complainers. So I guess I should stop complaining. Yeah right!

Code94sc

First Name
Cody Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford RANGER XLT FX4
I also had problems latching rear seat. Almost seemed impossible at first. After inspecting what could cause this, I slammed it shut from the middle of the back seat forcefully several times. Now it seems to go easier but still a little tight. Just make sure you grab the rear seat from the middle headrest and throw it make from there. Mine latches every time this way. Do not latch from grabbing the side of the seat back!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I also had problems latching rear seat. Almost seemed impossible at first. After inspecting what could cause this, I slammed it shut from the middle of the back seat forcefully several times. Now it seems to go easier but still a little tight. Just make sure you grab the rear seat from the middle headrest and throw it make from there. Mine latches every time this way. Do not latch from grabbing the side of the seat back!
Does yours have 3 or 4 rubber stops? There was a TSB for this issue.
Sponsored