SOLVED: Android Auto Keeps Disconnecting

WoodrowX

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Just wanted to say this was the answer to the AA problem I was having. It kept disconnecting no matter what I did. I ordered that USB 3.1 to type C and it is perfect now. A couple of observations here. First, these software engineers are in a lab, with good power and cabling. I would bet they had the latest and greatest version of USB where they work. Some of us are using cheap or older cabling. I had a new cable, but I dont think it was 3.1. Additionally, this cable is a thicker gauge than the one that wasn't working. There is a good bit if data moving between the phone and sync, 3.1 may be the minimum to make this data transfer. It also connects tighter on the type c and USB side than the previous cable. Either way, thank you forum for the conversation and the link with this cable. I would recommend others try it as well because it's been the only thing that has worked so far.
I wanted people to know my experience as well, in case it helps.

I too was having this issue with my Samsung S8. I purchased a high quality USB c 3.1 cable, and that only seemed to help, not solve the problem. I then took a tooth flosser that has floss on one side and a sharp pic on the other side. I used this to dig out a TON of lint from my USB port.

This last step solved my problem.

Note: I could not see any lint in my USB port because it was so packed in on the bottom, it created an illusion of the port floor. Once I broke it up with the sharp (and very small) pic, I was amazed how much came out.
Sponsored

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
When I got my 2020 Ranger AA was unusable. Then I tried using the OEM cable and it worked better. But still have to plug I'm my phone before I start the truck or you never know how it will behave. After reading this I think I'll try other cables too, as maybe it's related.

Also, I recently turned off the automatic bluetooth in AA because it was dropping and reconnecting to Bluetooth like every few minutes. One day it even got caught in a cycle where it was reconnecting over and over again for the last 10 min of my drive.

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
I had an issue of my android auto cutting out. I found a correlation with it only happening when I was talking on my radio offroad. What was happening was my handheld attachment for my baofeng radio was causing interference when the cables were next to each other.
Sponsored