Android Auto.....why?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Same here. Completely useless for moderately populated areas where I drive in Wisconsin. It has NEVER found a police parked on the side of the road ever. I suspect nobody uses it in Wisconsin.

On Topic I use the spotify and Google Maps built into Android Auto every day. And the voice functionality for it is aweseome. I can send texts or set a map destination hands free without taking my eyes off the road.
I am 100% a Waze guy when traveling. Works great on interstates. Back roads and or rural areas? Useless. I use it on trips for the cop heads up and traffic backups. As to the route, I'm a map guy. That'll never change. Give me my paper maps. I map out my trips before I ever leave.

One thing to remember with Waze police alerts, even when others post the alert some cops use their own Waze to report it as "no longer there." As with everything else related to driving, being alert is the key.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Factory nav sucks. GUI is garbage. And it only updates if I do it. Phone based nav updates multiple times daily, has a better interface, and works well with AA.

I get preferring the factory nav, stupid, but I get it. But why use two? That seems ridiculous.

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
Post 24 is from April 2019. 26 is from July 2020. Post 27 was yesterday. A zombie thread is back from the dead.......
Sponsored