2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
We had a connection issue with iPhone in the Escape. Found out that while a couple of our cables would allow charging, the only ones that worked consistently with Sync / Car Play were Apple brand cables.

OP
OP
rangerdrive

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Have you tried using multiple USB cables? What apps were you using?
I am using the OEM cable that came with my phone. Spotify and Waze are the only apps I've tried using.

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Anyone else who has taken delivery of their Ranger having issues with AA? My Sync3 system will not stay in AA, it drops out and disappears until I unplug the USB and plug it back in and it will inevitably drop again later. Very frustrating and difficult to determine if it is my phone (Galaxy S9) or Sync.
I've had this randomly on other vehicles with Android Auto. It had always been the cable.

OP
OP
rangerdrive

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I've had this randomly on other vehicles with Android Auto. It had always been the cable.
Thanks. I'm using the OEM cable but I'll try another and see if that works.

OP
OP
rangerdrive

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
TL;DR - it was my cord

Ok, so I tried my wife's iPhone and Apple Car Play worked perfectly on both USB ports so it clearly wasn't an issue with the truck. I tried an aftermarket cable I had lying around and Android Auto seems to work fine. Originally on the port on the driver's side it would drop out of AA immediately while the passenger side port would work for a bit before dropping as well.

The only difference in the cords is that the one that came with my phone goes with a quick charge plug where as the aftermarket cord was just a basic cord. Idk, but it works now and I'm happy.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
TL;DR - it was my cord

Ok, so I tried my wife's iPhone and Apple Car Play worked perfectly on both USB ports so it clearly wasn't an issue with the truck. I tried an aftermarket cable I had lying around and Android Auto seems to work fine. Originally on the port on the driver's side it would drop out of AA immediately while the passenger side port would work for a bit before dropping as well.

The only difference in the cords is that the one that came with my phone goes with a quick charge plug where as the aftermarket cord was just a basic cord. Idk, but it works now and I'm happy.
Thanks for letting us know what happened. You would certainly think an OEM cord should work fine.

I've never used AA or CarPlay, so I'm anxiously awaiting the day when I can start experimenting with it. I've got a whole host of cords laying around, so hopefully one of them will work for me.

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
Glad I found this thread. I've been having this issue with my phone (coincidentally, also a Samsung Galaxy S9) disconnecting multiple times over my 30 minute commute. I'll try a new cable.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I found this thread. I've been having this issue with my phone (coincidentally, also a Samsung Galaxy S9) disconnecting multiple times over my 30 minute commute. I'll try a new cable.
Happens with my Note 8 and my wife's 8+ both in my RS and in her Edge. Maybe its the USB ports Ford is using...

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
When I had the issue on my Fusion it was the cable. Replaced it and never had the problem again.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
TL;DR - it was my cord

Great info from you and others using a Samsung S9 (I have one as well). AA is important so I'll be sure to keep this in mind once I finally take delivery.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So I had my dash in my Focus RS apart this weekend swapping the USDM fascia out for the Euro version, and I decided to take a look at the usb connector while I was in there. Everything looked fine, but I decided to tighten the retention legs that hold the male usb cord in, and since then I have not had one instance of Android Auto dropping out! This may just be a case of loose USB connections causing the drops. I'm confident you can use a needle or pick from the front of the usb port to pull the legs up to tighten the connection. I'm going to give this a go in the wife's Edge tonight to see if it solves it for her as well.

Here's a pic of the retention legs I'm talking about.
wZXC2Aw.png

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
Well, a new cable solved my problem for a while, and then today out of nowhere it disconnected 6 times on my 35 minute commute home :(
Sponsored