First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
Anyone put a gray topper on a cactus gray truck yet?
Sponsored

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
Just had a custom aluminum rack put together for the softopper. Tig welded, rear and middle cross bars are removable so the topper can still fold and tall items can be carried. Bolted to the softopper rail & an extra set of rail clamps in the middle to keep everything snug.

Big thanks to Mirek and Apex Precision Fab in Nelson!

20220224_162532.jpg

Last edited:

dirtystevedirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
cnc guy
Got my Softopper 4 days from ordering. Pretty stoked to use it once the weather warms up at least a few degrees. Did the install myself in about an hour. I also have the optional rear mesh window and storage boot.

IMG_20220306_141404987_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220306_141412615_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220306_141424178_HDR.jpg

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
Anybody using the BuiltRight in the bed molle panel system with the Softopper? I am wondering if there are any interferences with raising/ lowering the top.

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Anybody using the BuiltRight in the bed molle panel system with the Softopper? I am wondering if there are any interferences with raising/ lowering the top.
You ever find out more info on this? Thinking of going this route too and although it looks to me like they will fit just fine with each other would be nice to be certain about it before buying everything.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Hello all,

Does the soft topper make a lot of noise going down the fwy? Sometimes think about ditching my MX4 bed cover for something like the soft topper. Security of the items I keep in the bed is the only thing that has me nervous about it.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Hello all,

Does the soft topper make a lot of noise going down the fwy? Sometimes think about ditching my MX4 bed cover for something like the soft topper. Security of the items I keep in the bed is the only thing that has me nervous about it.
Zero noise. You have no idea it's there. In rainy months I have it fully on with both front and rear plastic windows zipped in. But in summer, I take the windows off, and roll the sides up like a safari top. Yes zero security, but I don't keep anything of value in the truck bed. It's a great top.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
for sure want a soft topper this go around just unsure on what color i should go with eventually with my carbonized grey haha

PNW_FX4

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger FX4 XLT
Sad to report after waiting six weeks for my softtopper to arrive, the install turned into am absolute nightmare. The rails would not align, and drivers side kept twisting. Corrected that issue, then the cap would not clear the back glass, adjusted the rails once more per the instructions. Then I put the canvas on, now the topper makes contact with the glass again..... I then attempt to fit the canvas to the remainder of the snaps and could not manage to get the canvas to stretch far enough to snap the rest of the way in (I was literally stretching it so hard that I could see light coming through the stiches). The snaps are also incredibly weak on my softtopper and it did not give me much in the way of confidence. To top it all off, the worm clip that holds in the center passenger side pivot, shot out while I was adjusting the canvas. I'm extremely disappointed with the product since It was going to fit my needs for camping and hauling. I reached out to Softtopper, so we'll see if they get back to me.

20221003_175850.jpg

20221003_175926.jpg

20221003_180601.jpg

20221003_180822.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hello all,

Mine is not a SofTopper, but my FasTop is very similar just with the ability to fold the top into instead of on top of the bed and a built in tonneau.

I normally use the topper just for transporting the pups. But I've had it up for the last couple if weeks for some reason.

I run mine in perhaps the "noisiest" way possible. No front window, mesh rear. And I haven't heard a peep from back there this whole time.

Sad to report after waiting six weeks for my softtopper to arrive, the install turned into am absolute nightmare. The rails would not align, and drivers side kept twisting. Corrected that issue, then the cap would not clear the back glass, adjusted the rails once more per the instructions. Then I put the canvas on, now the topper makes contact with the glass again..... I then attempt to fit the canvas to the remainder of the snaps and could not manage to get the canvas to stretch far enough to snap the rest of the way in (I was literally stretching it so hard that I could see light coming through the stiches). The snaps are also incredibly weak on my softtopper and it did not give me much in the way of confidence. To top it all off, the worm clip that holds in the center passenger side pivot, shot out while I was adjusting the canvas. I'm extremely disappointed with the product since It was going to fit my needs for camping and hauling. I reached out to Softtopper, so we'll see if they get back to me.

20221003_175850.jpg

20221003_175926.jpg

20221003_180601.jpg

20221003_180822.jpg
SofTopper is local to me although they were recently bought out by a larger company, BesTop, also local to me. I've done business with both and their customer service has been good to me in the past. Almost sounds like you got the wrong unit. I'd get a hold of them. I bet they fix it one way or another.

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller

20221003_175850.jpg

20221003_175926.jpg

20221003_180601.jpg

20221003_180822.jpg
Just checked mine for comparison (mine fits well). The rail length is 58 1/4" on mine, but my rear clamp is set further back than yours. I'm using the middle hole on the pivot so that seems to be the same as yours.
Hope you get yours figured out.

IMG_20221004_123045.jpg

IMG_20221004_123110.jpg

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
big bummer. someone tried to slash and grab but there was only slash and nothing to grab.
Image from iOS.jpg
man you got to love people.....