First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Less than 7 full days from ordering, to installation, I now have a grey Softopper installed on my 2019 Ingot Silver Ranger. I think it's a much better match than the blue fiberglass cap I have on my silver Dodge Dakota.
I haven't built the removable shelf sytem I want yet, mainly because the Softopper got here much quicker than they predicted.
I do have a sliding box that I built years ago for my Dakota, had to cut 2.5" off yesterday so it would fit in the back of the Ranger (Ranger bed is that much shorter than the Dakota Quad Cab bed), and it will hold most of my camping gear and valuable items. I will eventually build a removable shelf that will be used for folding chairs, screen house, etc. Once the shelf is in, anything under it will be protected by the locking tailgate.
Installation took just a little over an hour, I went slow to make sure I didn't muck anything up. I will use the included velcro for the front window and rear flap to help keep them taut while driving.
I think I'm going to like it!

Softopper1.jpg

Softopper2.jpg

Softopper3.jpg

Softopper4.jpg
I dig this color too... decisions decisions on gray, black, or tan.

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
I dig this color too... decisions decisions on gray, black, or tan.
If you contact Softopper, they will send you a free sample of each color.

fergthulhu

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '09 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Senior Solutions Architect
I was dithering between black and gray but ultimately thought cactus gray would be safer going with black, maybe it'll fade to match the magnet gray trim? ? Just got it installed today, think it's exactly what I need for camping. Now to get rid of those side steps.
IMG_9234 cropped.jpeg

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I installed mine yesterday pretty happy with it. I thought there was a problem because the bars folded against the cab prior to connecting the top material didn’t look like the photos or videos they provided. But I guess it’s just different model types.
DE3B9E13-B5D7-4BAE-88FC-29E80A0507AB.jpeg

I think it looks great

C08CD563-6F03-4B85-8FB0-18FD1E6C1864.jpeg
97D5E9C7-7C68-40CE-A0F3-E3FC10CB3CC1.jpeg
A9B84ECE-3FB9-4CAE-9512-7B413C18A649.jpeg

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Ben, what's the snaps for on the top rails. I have a 10 year old model. Still going.
Mine does not have those snaps. The picture inside on the roof does not show where the snaps are.
Is there buttons on the roof material where they snap into.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
The material has a flap with corresponding snaps that wrap around the bars to secure the top down onto the frame.

ksuds49

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor & 2005 Land Rover LR3
Occupation
Do things for peoples
How many people are drilling for front bulkhead buttons, vs velcro, vs magnets? I've got the factory spay in bedliner and magnets just seem to slide all over it so I don't know if magnets will hold well.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Was considering one of these for camping. I like the look of the cactus grey/tan. Does anyone have experiencing sleeping in the short bed with tailgate down (average height people)?

fergthulhu

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '09 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Senior Solutions Architect
How many people are drilling for front bulkhead buttons, vs velcro, vs magnets? I've got the factory spay in bedliner and magnets just seem to slide all over it so I don't know if magnets will hold well.
I got tired of it flapping around on the highway and just drilled it to put in the snaps. Much better now. I don't have the bedliner (yet) but I plan to, so the velcro wasn't really an option. No regrets.

Was considering one of these for camping. I like the look of the cactus grey/tan. Does anyone have experiencing sleeping in the short bed with tailgate down (average height people)?
Haven't slept in mine, but with tailgate down should be fine (just no topper to protect that area and keep water out). At 5'11" I can lay diagonally in the bed...but I probably wouldn't want to if there were other options. ?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL 4x4 SuperCrew (R)
5’8” (me)& 5’4” (wife), no trouble sleeping in the short bed.

1FB85F5D-B983-41EB-91A7-1CE9CF6F141F.png

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL 4x4 SuperCrew (R)
What is the tent extension called? That's what I'm looking for.
It’s on the softopper website, I can’t remember the name. Their mobile site is a pain on my end or I would grab it for you. I emailed them back when I bought the topper and the price matched on the tent(since they were higher than Jeff B.
It’s not a bad tent at all, leaves pretty good breath ability.

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
Well, that didn't take long. Thanks to the cold the rear vinyl window is cracked already. A little disappointed but not suprised. Guess I'll be ordering solid replacements eventually.

20211220_142336.jpg
Sponsored