OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I noticed the second recall notice on FordPass yesterday. I am not in a rush to do the child restraint issue as it doesn't effect me however there is a component within that recall that mentions the rear headrests being replaced with "removable" items which would be great since they are a PIA to remove as is. They obviously were not designed to be easily removed. I rarely carry passengers in back and like to get better vision. The newest recall regarding the passenger seatbelt threading would be more concerning though.
Gary,
I also got the child restraint fix notice on FordPass but didn't receive the one about rear headrests which should apply to me having a 2020 Scab too. Can you please send the Ford Recall Number for the Headrests notice?
Thanks.
Sponsored

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Gary,
I also got the child restraint fix notice on FordPass but didn't receive the one about rear headrests which should apply to me having a 2020 Scab too. Can you please send the Ford Recall Number for the Headrests notice?
Thanks.
Paul, if I'm understanding it correctly, that is the same recall. Part of the problem with the child seat anchors is the headrest being so difficult.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ranger XLT spacecab
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer

Feldgary1630

Gary,
Thanks.
As mentioned by TimmyB it is part of recall 21C24. If you go to the NHTSA website it will show documents related to the recall, also the NHTSA recall # is 21V-765. It's for "SuperCab models equipped with rear seats containing fixed head restraints" Production from 07/16/2019 to
09/17/21 witch also applies to the child restraint rear lower anchorage points.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As mentioned by TimmyB it is part of recall 21C24. If you go to the NHTSA website it will show documents related to the recall, also the NHTSA recall # is 21V-765. It's for "SuperCab models equipped with rear seats containing fixed head restraints" Production from 07/16/2019 to
09/17/21 witch also applies to the child restraint rear lower anchorage points.
Thanks for the update. Went to the dealer yesterday and service dept. said this was a prelimary notice for owners. Owners will be getting a letter of confirmation when the recall will be ready. They said it would be early 2022 when the repair process will begin :)

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Last week got the 1st recall notification on FordPass: 21C24 - CHILD RESTRAINT RAP CAB REAR ISOFix
The 2nd one popped up today: 21C25 - FRONT PASSENGER OUTBOARD SEATBELT RETRACTOR WEBBING INCORRECTLY ROUTED.

To get clarification on these safety recall notices, called Ford and also the Dealer. They said these are separate recall notifications and will be handled individually.

My Dealer said that they are now ready to inspect both of these notification issues to give a yes or no if the recalls actually need to be performed or not, but the work will not be scheduled until a letter is sent to customers by Ford. These recall jobs, if needed, will be performed sometime during the 1st quarter of 2022.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trigganometry

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Last week got the 1st recall notification on FordPass: 21C24 - CHILD RESTRAINT RAP CAB REAR ISOFix
The 2nd one popped up today: 2iC25 - FRONT PASSENGER OUTBOARD SEATBELT RETRACTOR WEBBING INCORRECTLY ROUTED.

To get clarification on these notices, called Ford and also the Dealer. They both said these are separate recall notifications and not related to one another.

My Dealer said that they are now ready to inspect both of these notification issues to give a yes or no if the recalls actually need to be performed or not, but the work will not be scheduled until a letter is sent to customers by Ford. These recall jobs, if needed, will be performed sometime during the 1st quarter of 2021.
That’s good to know! Appreciate you posting that so others know what’s coming. The front passenger seat is an important one for sure. If no small kiddies (thank god that over for me!) then the child restraints is another just as important if needed.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That’s good to know! Appreciate you posting that so others know what’s coming. The front passenger seat is an important one for sure. If no small kiddies (thank god that over for me!) then the child restraints is another just as important if needed.
Right Rick. I always get all the recalls done even if they don't apply. Then when I let go of my vehicles, they are recall free for the next buyer. Had the Takata airbag issue done on my 2011 Ranger as quickly as I could due to the seriousness of it! :)

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Had Recall 21C25 done yesterday. This is a small Dealership and they were not able to do 21C24 because they don't have a welder which is requred for this Recall? Have an appt. Thursday at a large Dealer here in the city to do this other Recall.

Recall 21C25.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Recall 21C24 completed yesterday. No modifications or fixes needed.

Also had the back up Camera componet system checked and scanned.

Camera spot check & Recall 21C24 (pg.1).jpg

Last edited:

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
Recall 21C24 completed yesterday. No modifications or fixes needed.

Also had the Camera componet system checked and scanned.

Camera spot check & Recall 21C24 (pg.1).jpg
It seems to me like you only had one part of 21C24 performed. The recall language states “…the rear lower child restraint anchorages inspected for collinearity and the head restraints replaced with an updated design.”

Did you get new headrests?

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Ok looks like it’s for Scab owners then
Yeah, I got one for my SCab, more recently another for the front passenger seat belt routing. Unlikely there will ever be a child seat in the back of mine as long as I own it, but the wife does sit in the front....
It's going to the dealer on Monday for an oil change for warranty purposes so I suppose they'll fix it or let me know about it.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It seems to me like you only had one part of 21C24 performed. The recall language states “…the rear lower child restraint anchorages inspected for collinearity and the head restraints replaced with an updated design.”

No, they didn't mention that. But thanks for the info. I will call the dealership to check on this and get back with the result :)

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
No, they didn't mention that. But thanks for the info. I will call the dealership to check on this and get back with the result :)
Thanks…my guess is that there is a challenge sourcing materials for the headrest replacement, given the global supply challenges. That said, I’d be concerned if the dealer claims the recall work was performed in full.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Tim,
The service dept. said that they initially check the restraint anchorages and if these are the proper ones which are not part of the recalled restraint systems, then the head restraints and the rest of this system have no faults and nothing needs to be replaced.

My thinking is that Ford was probably not sure exactly which builds were on this recall or not and wanted to cover the bases just in case?

Thanks again for the heads up :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited: