Safety Recall 19S43 - Select 2019 MY Ranger Vehicles Rear Lamps Issue

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Got the 2nd letter in the mail today stating parts are available and to "call the dealer without delay."

Called the dealer service department and asked how long it would take. They told me they do not have parts in stock. Rather, they do the check procedure, and if the new connector parts are needed they will take a photo, send to Ford, and get the parts in a few days. They said they could "release the truck back to me" during the days waiting on parts. I'm not so sure that is what others on this forum have experienced. Hoping mine passes with no parts needed.
Sponsored

Mscaff12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
Got the 2nd letter in the mail today stating parts are available and to "call the dealer without delay."

Called the dealer service department and asked how long it would take. They told me they do not have parts in stock. Rather, they do the check procedure, and if the new connector parts are needed they will take a photo, send to Ford, and get the parts in a few days. They said they could "release the truck back to me" during the days waiting on parts. I'm not so sure that is what others on this forum have experienced. Hoping mine passes with no parts needed.
It's been over 2 months they had my truck. Finally recieved a call today saying it's ready for pick up. Happy to say my rig is no longer hostage! ?

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very glad to hear, there's some "offset" present for you! Hoping this is resolved shortly, and you can enjoy your new truck!!!:clap: Drop a note/update when you get "good news"!!!!

I haven't even gotten, a letter from Ford yet, that there is a recall!!!
You may not have one on your particular Ranger. Does your FordPass app have a recall notice?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Just got my recall letter stating parts are available.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase

jmoatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
I'm very glad to hear, there's some "offset" present for you! Hoping this is resolved shortly, and you can enjoy your new truck!!!:clap: Drop a note/update when you get "good news"!!!!

I haven't even gotten, a letter from Ford yet, that there is a recall!!!
I think we finally have good news. After 3 1/2 months of the truck sitting at the dealer, they called today and said they had the parts. They are installing it today and it will be ready for pickup tomorrow.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
You may not have one on your particular Ranger. Does your FordPass app have a recall notice?
It's in the recall. checked it on the NHTSA site. Ford Pass?? whats that???:giggle: Never signing up for any of it, due to "the fine print" !!!!!

I think we finally have good news. After 3 1/2 months of the truck sitting at the dealer, they called today and said they had the parts. They are installing it today and it will be ready for pickup tomorrow.
:like: NICE!!!!

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Appointment done. My Ranger tested OK. Took about 1 hour at the service department this morning.

cult67

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
meh, once you drive it again, you'll fall in love with Ford again.

just remove yourself from the website, theres some negativity brewing thats spreading like corona virus, self quarantine yourself in the truck and just drive it
Best post I have read on this site!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Curious if this recall only includes XLT and Lariats? Our truck is an XL, it has not been included in any of the recalls... which is great.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
ARRGH--Got my notification, in the mail yesterday!!!:facepalm:

Mscaff12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
This is great news!
My situation
I recieved my truck about a week ago. 2 months on the lot for tail light recall. It was a long wait and very frustrating. But Ford made good. 2 months payment and a 3 year premium Maintenance plan. Hopefully they learned something from this ordeal so something like this doesn't happen again.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Kind of funny...

I bought my truck on 3/24/20 at a dealer about 50 miles away. It had been on the dealer's lot since June 2019. They never did the recall. As soon as I put it in Ford Pass I got the recall notice. Checked the tail lights, everything worked fine. I figured I'd take it to the local dealer at some point. Then various people from the dealership started calling. They ended up sending out a tech to do the inspection. He admitted that they couldn't finalize the sale with Ford until the recall was done.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of funny...

I bought my truck on 3/24/20 at a dealer about 50 miles away. It had been on the dealer's lot since June 2019. They never did the recall. As soon as I put it in Ford Pass I got the recall notice. Checked the tail lights, everything worked fine. I figured I'd take it to the local dealer at some point. Then various people from the dealership started calling. They ended up sending out a tech to do the inspection. He admitted that they couldn't finalize the sale with Ford until the recall was done.
Hi Charlie,

I am baffled by Dealers that wait to do the recall after the truck is sold... Glad you got a great solution to have the tech visit you! Kudos for the dealer for that and a pox on them for not performing the recall earlier....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored