First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a big boy I can take it lol
Take it to another dealer and try again. Don't do business with the ones that doesn't meet reasonable expectations. I stop using the dealership I bought my Ranger because I wasn't happy with their service.
Sponsored

Pjt1021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Occupation
Machinist
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks bud I already decided I'm not going back there. First I have to see what happens when my sons complaint is processed. There are a few dealers near by that I can go to.

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
Just an added complaint to the roof trim cracking and peeling.

Washed my truck tonight and noticed the trim was peeling at the back of the passenger side.

So add me to the defective trim list.

2019 Lariat with 16000 miles and always garage kept.

Colin Stuffmann

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just an added complaint to the roof trim cracking and peeling.

Washed my truck tonight and noticed the trim was peeling at the back of the passenger side.

So add me to the defective trim list.

2019 Lariat with 16000 miles and always garage kept.
They just replaced mine last week, washed the truck and water was coming out of the headliner in the back. Time for them to fix it and get a new headliner cause now it’s stained. It’s on them!

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
They just replaced mine last week, washed the truck and water was coming out of the headliner in the back. Time for them to fix it and get a new headliner cause now it’s stained. It’s on them!
Is this really something that happens when they replace the rails? Like what could they have messed up to cause this.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Looking at all these pictures of this occurring they seem to be happening near the seams of the trim. It makes it look like water is somehow getting in there under the coating and perhaps causing the problem. Just looked at my Ranger and I can't even put a fingernail between those seams so it would be hard to see water getting up under the coating. So I don't know.

It certainly seems like a strange failure. No pun intended.

Last edited:

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
Looking at all these pictures of this occurring they seem to be happening near the seams of the trim. It makes it look like water is somehow getting in there under the coating and perhaps causing the problem.

Yes it is near the seam.

Does anyone know if this has happened on the Australian Rangers?

SuperTRev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Framer
Yikes. It's a new truck.
The finish on my black running boards are already starting to chip off too. It's a 2019, so only been three years. :(
This Ranger is starting to become more trouble than it's worth.

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
Yikes. It's a new truck.
The finish on my black running boards are already starting to chip off too. It's a 2019, so only been three years. :(
This Ranger is starting to become more trouble than it's worth.
I'm not too happy with it either to be perfectly honest. Just the quality of component seems very low overall. I don't feel very confident driving the truck, I'm worried that even leaning on it might dent the door for example because it feels so hollow and the metal thin. I'm confident that the engine and transmission are going to make it long-term, they are both still amazing, but everything else about this truck just screams cheap materials.

It's my first relatively new car purchase, before this truck I only had a 95 Camaro and a 2002 Camaro both of which feel like they're made out of much sturdier materials.

SuperTRev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Framer
I'm not too happy with it either to be perfectly honest. Just the quality of component seems very low overall. I don't feel very confident driving the truck, I'm worried that even leaning on it might dent the door for example because it feels so hollow and the metal thin.
... you don't say
Door Dent.jpg

Actually it looks like there is another dent under the driver door handle that I'm just seeing now.

But I'm pretty sure most consumer grade vehicles are no better. The thing about the ranger is it sounds like a tin can when you close the door (and sounds like an explosion if you're inside). The old 2011 Ranger sounded the same, so I like that. They changed a lot of things but at least they kept the door sound the same. ?

I'm confident that the engine and transmission are going to make it long-term, they are both still amazing, but everything else about this truck just screams cheap materials.
Strange, it's the transmission that bothers me the most. It shifts hard and bucks & surges a lot on me. To the point I don't even want the truck anymore.

It's my first relatively new car purchase, before this truck I only had a 95 Camaro and a 2002 Camaro both of which feel like they're made out of much sturdier materials.
Nice. Can't go wrong with Camaro's. Older ones at least, I dunno about now.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Damn that would piss me off big time. Quality and fit of these trim pieces are about worst I have ever seen. That's my perspective anyway after owning about a dozen vehicles in the past Love the motor & tranny combo tho.

03svt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2013 Raptor supercab
Just had this roof trim replaced under warranty by my dealer.
Sponsored