Rock Sliders

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT - FX4, 302A, Tow pkg. 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE
Vehicle Showcase
this is of interest to me, but not the best timing. If it takes a while to get to 15, maybe it will hit for me.
Group code is Live now. Order direct on the Shrockworks website. Ends Monday end of day. Get in whilst you can!

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
heavymetaloff-road.com
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco Rock Crawler
Occupation
President of Heavy Metal Off-Road
Any updates on these?
Hey guys, Tim Neil here, president of Heavy Metal Off-Road.

theOverLandingDad@HMOR is no longer helping out here, so I am your direct point of contact.

This is my first posting here as myself, and I thank you for your interest in frame-mounted bolt-on sliders. Several members here have reached out via email ([email protected] and [email protected]) asking for updates regarding the sliders. I have responded to all with an uncertain date.

I very much so want to make some killer sliders for the new Ranger. I'm going to be picking up on this during the summer. I want to get them going! I just made a lot of Investments lately and have re-prioritized other things. I will post up on the forum once things are figured out. But it's looking like a no drill slider set isn't going to be very strong. There's just so few holes in the frame that I want to make sure I have a legit strong setup ready to go.

A set of sliders without a full frame plate just won't do, unless they are weld-on. I want to make sure I build something legit with no reservations. I suspect there will be some hole drilling and frame reinforcements needed. The frames are so freaking thin! A bit of a disappointment, even though they are boxed. So there's the challenge.

I am happy to answer questions in as real-time as I can. I do NOT run a fly-by-night company. If you want the best, well I am here to give you the best. Anything I put out will be worth putting out. Thank you!

-Tim Neil
[email protected]
1-925-315-9276 call or text

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
Theyā€™re wide enough if you get in like you mount a horse - step on the sliders with your left foot running long way then climb in. Thatā€™s why they have top plates on them, for some traction and more sure footing.
Hereā€™s a visual of the available space:

7EC78344-D218-4FC7-96B4-3F65C4674A74.jpeg
How far do they stick out from the pinch weld under the rocker panels?

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
How far do they stick out from the pinch weld under the rocker panels?
Check out post 99 in this thread. That should give you an idea for what youā€™re after.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
Check out post 99 in this thread. That should give you an idea for what youā€™re after.
I have looked at as many pics as I could find, and none have satisfactorily given me a sense of how far they come out - though the one you link to is probably the most useful. that is why I'm seeking a measurement.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Just got shipping info for my sliders. Of course itā€™s supposed to be delivered Friday when I leave for Sedona.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I have looked at as many pics as I could find, and none have satisfactorily given me a sense of how far they come out - though the one you link to is probably the most useful. that is why I'm seeking a measurement.
Hope this helps. About 3/8ā€ at the front, 7/8ā€ along the middle, and about 9/16ā€ at the rear.
Front:
D52BBC46-569C-4F4F-B232-774A137FFD3F.jpeg

Middle:
BF87FBB5-4EC0-44F6-B57E-227E16D74733.jpeg

Rear:
C8FF401D-FB9B-4FD2-B8BB-486EF34F79DC.jpeg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Here's measurements from our SuperCab...

Composite.jpg

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ranger Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe this is a dumb question, but Iā€™m at a loss and not really mechanically inclined, so... those of you with Shrockworks sliders, does it depend what side you put them on? I mounted the driver side with no problem, but canā€™t seem to get my passenger side to line up...

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Maybe this is a dumb question, but Iā€™m at a loss and not really mechanically inclined, so... those of you with Shrockworks sliders, does it depend what side you put them on? I mounted the driver side with no problem, but canā€™t seem to get my passenger side to line up...
What doesn't line up? They'll only go on one way and the driver's side wouldn't work if it was wrong.

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ranger Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
What doesn't line up? They'll only go on one way and the driver's side wouldn't work if it was wrong.
Thatā€™s what I was hoping. I must have the alignment wrong on the passenger side then. Iā€™m putting the 5ā€ bolts in one end and the other is off. Iā€™ll have to try again tomorrow.
Sponsored