Report your MPG

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Ranger XLT here, all stock except Pedal Commander. I get ~19.2-19.5 on average, pretty heavy foot (the pedal commander doesn’t help!) along with LOTS of stop and go (I’d consider it 100% city, some is highway but Houston highway so just sitting in traffic). Very impressive.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Exactly 22.0 for first 3k mixed driving.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
21.5 today sport mode only.
Regards

cskelly

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
First tank, 21 calculated. Mostly city driving. Maybe 70/30 city/highways.

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did a road trip,314 miles,than filled up,21.835mpg. That was with less than 1k miles on it.For that trip,mostly hwy,and lots of hills/passes.Hwy posted sl is 65,I kept it on cruise for the most part with it set at 68mph. Once off the hwy it was fairly slow going all the way to the PCH,on up into Newport. I'm impressed with the mpg's. Now just in town driving,stop and go about 19.5+ mpgs. I don't use the auto off stuff.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
How can I only be getting 16.5mpg? It’s 70/30 city / highway, but I don’t drive lead foot at all. I just don’t get it???

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
How can I only be getting 16.5mpg? It’s 70/30 city / highway, but I don’t drive lead foot at all. I just don’t get it???
How are you calculating it? My truck’s computer is generally 1.5 to as much as 2.0 MPG off from reality. I just do the math when I fill up.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
How are you calculating it? My truck’s computer is generally 1.5 to as much as 2.0 MPG off from reality. I just do the math when I fill up.
The trucks calculation is better than actual, but 1-2 gallons. So, calculated I'm getting around 15mpg.

Deleted member 1634

I've noticed that this engine really drinks it up when it gets cold. My work commute, both to and from work, has averaged around -8F over the last 2 weeks. Most mornings it's been well below zero, down to -28F yesterday, other days as high as +2F. And my mileage is down another 1.5-2mpg beyond the usual winter drop of 4-5mpg. So all told, I'm down 5-7mpg from my work commute a few months ago. Not fun, but it is what it is.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Likely more due to the ethanol blend...which changes in the winter.

Deleted member 1634

Likely more due to the ethanol blend...which changes in the winter.
The initial drop of 4-5mpg which started happening at the beginning of winter is partially related to winter blend (among other things), sure. But the latest dip of 1-2mpg is more than likely cold related. I can definitely watch the mpg drop when it's cold out (well below 0F), and then climb again when it warms up (10-20F). Makes sense since the engine has to use more fuel/energy to warm up from a deep freeze of -20F all night and all day to operating temp, than it does from +20F. It also doesn't help that I usually remote start the engine and let it run for a minute or two before I get into it when it's that cold out.

But such is the life of living in the great white tundra of the north.

forceofnature

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT with RC 6" Lift
Mine shows anywhere from 16.2 - 17.7 and I know it's off by at least 10% due to my tires. You can see it in the speedometer vs GPS speed. I think someone posted a way to fix that in settings somewhere, which I need to do.

Kiran04

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I might break 22 on the highway going downhill, but it evens out to about 19.5-20 coming back the other way. Around 16-18 in the city. There's too many hills and inclines here to get decent mileage on any vehicle. The last hill coming back into town is a 7.8% grade, which rips your gas mileage in half. It turns my normally subdued Subaru into a roaring monster that wants to rip your brains out through your ears. Overall, I'm satisfied with the Ranger's gas mileage. The terrain around her just won't allow for it to reach peak fuel efficiency, but it won't let that happen for any vehicle.
Sponsored