Sponsored

Deuce

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
350 miles yesterday Myrtle Beach to Virginia Beach, 25.8 mpg.

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
About 23mpg over the past 5k miles.

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4, chrome pckg, tow pck.
All 4 wheels were out of balance and my front end was mis_aligned. Fixing that has my city mpg up to almost 20.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
All 4 wheels were out of balance and my front end was mis_aligned. Fixing that has my city mpg up to almost 20.
Right from the factory like that or with aftermarket wheels & tires or lift/level?

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4, chrome pckg, tow pck.
Right from the factory like that or with aftermarket wheels & tires or lift/level?

Third party custom company did the work and then ford sold it as dealer new. (leveling kit and tire pick).

I took it to my local good year where I have formed a friendship w nearly their entire staff (I have 3 sets of wheels and tires that I run on my mustang for track/summer or winter) and they found the problems.

In addition to the above, The brake line on the front left was also just dangling there waiting to get snatched into the wheel,,,

They had me fixed up and back on the road faster than a guy named Bill can say “in no time” though.

I STILL haven’t gotten my original factory tires from them yet.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Third party custom company did the work and then ford sold it as dealer new. (leveling kit and tire pick).

I took it to my local good year where I have formed a friendship w nearly their entire staff (I have 3 sets of wheels and tires that I run on my mustang for track/summer or winter) and they found the problems.

In addition to the above, The brake line on the front left was also just dangling there waiting to get snatched into the wheel,,,

They had me fixed up and back on the road faster than a guy named Bill can say “in no time” though.

I STILL haven’t gotten my original factory tires from them yet.
Always good to have a great relationship with your tire guys! Is it the dealer who owes you the tires or did the third party guys keep them?

Alonzo Fields

First Name
Alonzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was driving from Orange County to Santa Monica, CA and was really surprised that I finally hit a 25 MPG Average!

C5047DF2-97C7-4E1C-863E-7F24B2003F8E.jpeg

Reactions: Doc

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I'm torn with the mpgs.

I just took a nearly 3,000 mile trip and reset the Trip 1 screen to 0. I averaged 23.7 mpg for the entire trip. VERY impressed. That average contained a high of 25.8 mpg highway at 73 mph (cruise). All taken off the computer.
(Added: I hand calculated every tank and the actual mpg was .9 - 1.1 mpg lower.)

It also included an entire day of driving the Skyline Drive in VA. Lots of stopping to see the spectacular views. I used "S" for that day as the sport mode would hold the correct speed both up and down the steep grades. I believe that trip averaged 21 mpg. Mostly 35 mph.

Very happy with the highway mpgs.

The disappointment is with city mpgs.

I'm not a gear head and haven't been for many years although I do like the occasional show off when challenged.

When I first got the truck...and up to about 2,500 miles, I drove it like the old man that I am (see my avatar). I was getting 20/21 mpg all day long (city)

Since the long trip, now with ~5,000 miles, I'm getting 17+ - mpg and can't seem to do better. I'm driving normally... like I do/did every day. Its certainly much better than my F150 was getting but not what I was hoping for.

Lastly, the transmission seems to be struggling finding the right gear. It was better when it was new but now, it's not.

Before I bring it in, can someone tell me how to reset the transmission learning so I can start re-teaching it my normal driving habits? Is it disconnecting the battery or something like that?

I know I got a little off topic but I felt the tranny issue was pertinent to the topic.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1634

I'm torn with the mpgs.

I just took a nearly 3,000 mile trip and reset the Trip 1 screen to 0. I averaged 23.7 mpg for the entire trip. VERY impressed. That average contained a high of 25.8 mpg highway at 73 mph (cruise). All taken off the computer.

It also included an entire day of driving the Skyline Drive in VA. Lots of stopping to see the spectacular views. I used "S" for that day as the sport mode would hold the correct speed both up and down the steep grades. I believe that trip averaged 21 mpg. Mostly 35 mph.

Very happy with the highway mpgs.

The disappointment is with city mpgs.

I'm not a gear head and haven't been for many years although I do like the occasional show off when challenged.

When I first got the truck...and up to about 2,500 miles, I drove it like the old man that I am (see my avatar). I was getting 20/21 mpg all day long (city)

Since the long trip, now with ~5,000 miles, I'm getting 17+ - mpg and can't seem to do better. I'm driving normally... like I do/did every day. Its certainly much better than my F150 was getting but not what I was hoping for.

Lastly, the transmission seems to be struggling finding the right gear. It was better when it was new but now, it's not.

Before I bring it in, can someone tell me how to reset the transmission learning so I can start re-teaching it my normal driving habits? Is it disconnecting the battery or something like that?

I know I got a little off topic but I felt the tranny issue was pertinent to the topic.
I've noticed my "city" mileage decreasing slightly as well (from 23-24 to 20-21). I'm attributing that to the colder weather and winter gas, which won't necessarily be a problem for you in Florida. But just a thing to consider that it seems this powertrain/vehicle mileage is quite sensitive to small variables apparently.
Sponsored