Remote Transmission Dip Stick Aftermarket Support?

Would you get in line to buy one?

• Total voters

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Impressive! I own the B&M, and during a test fit it felt too long. I like your solution better. Is the dip stick accurately calibrated? Looks like I may be out $200. Thanks for doing this work! :clap:

-T
Sponsored

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
It is calibrated to the bottom of the crosshatch being on the 5 diamond, I have not added the numbers yet, the laser etch guy couldn't fit that long of a stick into his machine, I have to figure that one out.
thanks for the compliment, I'm happy with how it came out, looks kinda stock, that was my goal.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
This is looking really good. Hope your real world testing proves out.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
LOVE IT!!! Put me down for one when ready
Ditto - that looks like it came from the factory that way. Really interested to see how your real world testing goes.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is calibrated to the bottom of the crosshatch being on the 5 diamond, I have not added the numbers yet, the laser etch guy couldn't fit that long of a stick into his machine, I have to figure that one out.
thanks for the compliment, I'm happy with how it came out, looks kinda stock, that was my goal.
I was just getting ready to install my B&M after returning from an upcoming trip. I took a little time and snaked a test fit. It feels a little long.

It and the PPE deep pan are next up in my queue. Your timing is impeccable!

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, it's sorted out for the most part, I'm not thrilled to be using a P clamp, but it's thinner than a billet clamp and fits better, I've ordered some different clamps, both billet and steel.

It does barely touch the firewall pad, so I am also looking for a suitable way to clip it to the transmission, even a zip tie, once it got a heat soak in the right position it would stay off the pad.

It's -10AN so the ID is about 1/2 inch, not as big as a old school dipstick, not as small as B&M.

So for now, I will put some miles on it, make sure everything is good, then go forward with making a quantity.

IMG_5375.JPEG
IMG_5377.JPEG
IMG_5378.JPEG
IMG_5361.JPEG
Where do I sent money? ?:p

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After looking at it a bit, is there a way to make it slightly more vertical? This would ease refilling the transmission. I think it might be possible with the addition of a small 60-75 degree angled adapter fastened to the same place you used and then attaching the top end of the tube the same way to the adapter.

Just a thought.

It is already an improvement over the B&M product.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
After looking at it a bit, is there a way to make it slightly more vertical? This would ease refilling the transmission. I think it might be possible with the addition of a small 60-75 degree angled adapter fastened to the same place you used and then attaching the top end of the tube the same way to the adapter.

Just a thought.

It is already an improvement over the B&M product.
I'm sure someone can come up with a nice 3D printed funnel to use for filling. ;) I kind of like how its angled forward from the firewall.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure someone can come up with a nice 3D printed funnel to use for filling. ;) I kind of like how its angled forward from the firewall.
Yeah, I like that too, just hoping for a more upright position. It really doesn't matter as I can fabricate the piece easily enough. He's done the heavy lifting.

I was having the same issue with the B&M one... only it was longer!
Sponsored