Remote Start?

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
If you haven't already download the Ford app. You can use the remote start along with locking and unlock your doors from it.
Yeah, just dont bet the farm that its 100% always working [yet]..
2 weeks ago me and my wife were at the bar and I used the app so I could bring one less item in with me..when it was time to go the app would not let me start it to warm it up nor would it let me unlock the vehicle. I was pissed! I logged out and back in a few times and it kept giving me the message 'application down try again later'. I had to call my son to come pick us up.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
My 2020 Lariat is not equipped with remote start. both my remotes do not have a start button. Is there anyway to activate it?

Kym
On my 2020 XLT, just have to push the lock button once, then push the @2 button twice to start. Will run for 15 minutes then shut off. Your Lariet will have remote start.
If you do not have the start button on your remote you do not have remote start. There is no way to activate it. This has been discussed in another thread. The remotes work on different frequencies.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
2 weeks ago me and my wife were at the bar and I used the app so I could bring one less item in with me..when it was time to go the app would not let me start it to warm it up nor would it let me unlock the vehicle. I was pissed! I logged out and back in a few times and it kept giving me the message 'application down try again later'. I had to call my son to come pick us up.
Yeah, their servers have issues a lot. Also depends on cell reception. The truck uses ATT for cell service.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
It's the module, if you double press the Ranger lock button the horn will honk, single press it won't, so as long as you get a remote start that doesn't need consecutive presses of the lock button it won't honk.
That's what I'm trying to determine. Start-X for the F150 requires pressing the lock three times where you get the horn honk.
According to you the sequence is lock-unlock-lock on your 2020 Ranger using the Start-X. The 2019 should be the same. Good.

The horn honk is annoying to me, either pressing lock more than once or closing the door with while outside the truck.
As a separate question, I'm curious if that can be eliminated?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's what I'm trying to determine. Start-X for the F150 requires pressing the lock three times where you get the horn honk.
According to you the sequence is lock-unlock-lock on your 2020 Ranger using the Start-X. The 2019 should be the same. Good.

The horn honk is annoying to me, either pressing lock more than once or closing the door with while outside the truck.
There's an horn honk eliminator so when you exit the truck while running it won't honk. Doubt it works for the double lock press though?

https://www.4dtech.com/hornhonk/

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
With the Lariat I have to carry my fob all the time for the push button start. I was just letting others know that if yours didn't come with the remote start (on the fob) it's available through the app.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Gotta be a simpler way, cheaper way.
I'm sure ForScan but I have no experience with it. Maybe check out the ForScan threads.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gotta be a simpler way, cheaper way.
Yes you can eliminate the double honk on leaving vehicle and the honk on double pressing lock button in Forscan. The honk on lock press is called Lock "Feedback Horn" and can be disabled.

rausa64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Piggy back on the subject...
Really ignorant here. I have never used the remote start feature.
So I remote start the vehicle. Does it shut off when I open the door to get in? If it keeps running, do I insert the key in the ignition and turn the key to the on position to commence driving?
Thanx much.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I remote start the vehicle. Does it shut off when I open the door to get in? If it keeps running, do I insert the key in the ignition and turn the key to the on position to commence driving?
Thanx much.
If you have a key yes you will need to unlock the truck and insert the key and turn to on to get it out of park. I'm not sure what you need to do with push button start.

rausa64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
If you have a key yes you will need to unlock the truck and insert the key and turn to on to get it out of park. I'm not sure what you need to do with push button start.
Many thanx....

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
The same. Push the start button.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanx much.
Just want to add that if you touch the brake before putting the key in (or pressing the push button) it will kill the engine. It's a safety/theft feature in case someone gets into your vehicle while it's remote started.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX

The 2019 and 2020 StartX modules are different parts, I think the 2019 uses triple lock to remote start. Might be able to find a different brand that does lock, unlock, lock.
Sponsored