First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
On another note, the unit we are using if it doesn’t see a normal start and engage of the vehicle and you shortcut the thing it can act irregular. Mentions it in the install instructions. So electrical can become erratic if you do. Wait like 10 minutes and good to go!

I ain’t waiting 10 minutes, trust me, I’ll rip it out faster than that! Fixed!!!

OP
OP

WyoRanger

First Name
Kymbrill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX-4
Occupation
Automotive Retail
I finally got my Ford connect working so I now have remote start. It is nice on a cold morning to go out to the truck, it be warm and you won't freeze your ass off because the heated seat also comes on.

Kym

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Got my Start-X for F-150 2015+ & select Fords part #BA-FORD3 and the sequence to start is Lock-Unlock-Lock, no horn honk. Easy install and range and speed in starting is better than the Ford app.

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
Got my Start-X for F-150 2015+ & select Fords part #BA-FORD3 and the sequence to start is Lock-Unlock-Lock, no horn honk. Easy install and range and speed in starting is better than the Ford app.
Not to be a buzzkill but how can the range be better when the ford app works from around the world? Your key fob is only good for a couple hundred feet tops!

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 Lariat is not equipped with remote start. both my remotes do not have a start button. Is there anyway to activate it?

Kym
That's very odd the Lariat doesn't have it. Just in case you or anyone else needs a plug and play aftermarket remote start, this company has them. Very easy install on our Ford Fusion. Dealer wanted more than twice the price to add one. My Lariat has the oem.
https://www.12volt.solutions/

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 Lariat is not equipped with remote start. both my remotes do not have a start button. Is there anyway to activate it?

Kym
I installed the Ford Perimeter Plus, which subsequently allowed me to remote start with my fob by pressing lock-unlock-lock. It can also shut off the engine by pressing unlock-lock-unlock.

GENUINE FORD VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM - FORD PERIMETER PLUS

Genuine Ford Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus PART NUMBER: KN1Z-19A361-A

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Not to be a buzzkill but how can the range be better when the ford app works from around the world? Your key fob is only good for a couple hundred feet tops!
I find the app to be slow and erratic. It will not start my truck in my detached garage from the inside my house.
Oddly I haven’t a place yet where it won’t lock the doors.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
I find the app to be slow and erratic. It will not start my truck in my detached garage from the inside my house.
Oddly I haven’t a place yet where it won’t lock the doors.
The app and truck don't connect directly, the go via cell data through Fords servers.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The app and truck don't connect directly, the go via cell data through Fords servers.
I ain’t got time for servers.

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
it still has better range than a key fob. I’m in USA and have never had an issue

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I watched the install on the F150 and noticed the horn honks after the 2nd and 3rd lock sequence to remote start the truck.
Does the horn also honk on the Ranger and can it be deleted?

Is this something you can change using Forscan?
You can disable the horn to honk in Forscan. The modules can be programmed to work two ways, three lock presses or the alternate button press.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
That's very odd the Lariat doesn't have it. Just in case you or anyone else needs a plug and play aftermarket remote start, this company has them. Very easy install on our Ford Fusion. Dealer wanted more than twice the price to add one. My Lariat has the oem.
https://www.12volt.solutions/
I have DroneMobile installed on my Mariner. My system has both a key fob remote start and an app start, but you can buy them separately. The remote start uses the OEM keys and the app start uses their proprietary app. I've had it for six or seven years and it's never failed.
Sponsored