First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This site deserves way more in commission than it probably gets. The desire to spend and keep up with you all is intense!!

that said, I know I really need to address my Ranger’s FX4 suspension. It works ok, but bumps really send me careening all over my lane. The Ranger has become my wife and I’s long trip vehicle of choice. So this needs addressed.

From this thread and the others I’ve lurked for months, I’ve got:

- FOX 2.0’s are soft and comfy (what I want), but they need serviced every 30k-50k miles (boooo)
- Eibach coil over fronts/rear shocks are firmer yet still maintain some comfort (no servicing, lifetime warranty suspension)
- Bilstein 6112 fronts and 5100 rears, firm and the least comfortable of these three but cheap, and not even serviceable at all

those are the only three I care about because they’re in budget.

I’m doing very very little Offroad with the Ranger. It’s tarmac and highway to gravel/dirt campgrounds. I just want to not feel like the truck is getting punched around on every bump (stock tire size, not gonna go larger).

FOX sounded perfect, but the servicing intervals scare me away. I don’t wanna have to remove the fronts every time for that. Eibach seemed like a happy middle ground, but I’ve read some reports here that their quality diminishes over a shorter than normal time. Bilstein sounds like an awesome option, but everyone says they’re quite firm, so lower on comfort.

Of these three, can any of you SMEs point me in a smart direction? Of course now I know the leaf springs need addressed sometime too, lol (I do tow a little).
I was in the same passion you are and chose the Eibach. I was looking for all that you were plus off road stability and they did not disappoint me at all. I'm on road more than off road and they keep the truck (especially the rear end) planted nicely. I didn't add the rear blocks since I don't tow but that's something you should consider since you do. I still stand behind the Eibach but I don't think can go wrong with any of these.

BTW my new Tremor has the Fox and yes they are very soft and comfortable on the road. I haven't had a chance to get it off road yet but for on road driving they're really nice! Much smoother/softer ride than the Eibach and both make you feel much more planted than the junk Fx4 shocks which I had on my '19.
Sponsored

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I was in the same passion you are and chose the Eibach. I was looking for all that you were plus off road stability and they did not disappoint me at all. I'm on road more than off road and they keep the truck (especially the rear end) planted nicely. I didn't add the rear blocks since I don't tow but that's something you should consider since you do. I still stand behind the Eibach but I don't think can go wrong with any of these.

BTW my new Tremor has the Fox and yes they are very soft and comfortable on the road. I haven't had a chance to get it off road yet but for on road driving they're really nice! Much smoother/softer ride than the Eibach and both make you feel much more planted than the junk Fx4 shocks which I had on my '19.
Good info. Honestly, I drive 12k miles or less a year right now, so I’m thinking of going with fox. It’d be many years before I’d have to service them. I think all the feedback confirming that they present the ride I’m looking for might make it worth the hassle. Very little negative feedback on that setup.

Thanks for mentioning the blocks! I don’t know if I NEED those as I don’t tow often and I tow light (sub-5k pounds).

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have the Bilsteins, which also have a lifetime warranty BTW, and I have no qualms with the on road comfort.

I do have Tremor leafs so that may be a factor, but I didn’t really have any complaints with the Bilsteins and the factory leafs.

The vast majority of my driving is short trips so I don’t get on the highway much, but when I do it’s fine.

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yeah the bilsteins are attractive as an option because they allow for something like also buying tremor leafs all for around the price of the fox/eibach package.

not sure how icon leafs stack up, but I saw them on stage3 for over $600. Then I saw this Throtl site with what looks like the same setup for $267. That can’t be right, or I’m missing something….

https://throtl.com/products/icon-2019-ford-ranger-multi-rate-leaf-pack-w-add-in-198520a

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Yeah the bilsteins are attractive as an option because they allow for something like also buying tremor leafs all for around the price of the fox/eibach package.

not sure how icon leafs stack up, but I saw them on stage3 for over $600. Then I saw this Throtl site with what looks like the same setup for $267. That can’t be right, or I’m missing something….

https://throtl.com/products/icon-2019-ford-ranger-multi-rate-leaf-pack-w-add-in-198520a
Is that $267 per spring? if so it's about the same price

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
This site deserves way more in commission than it probably gets. The desire to spend and keep up with you all is intense!!

that said, I know I really need to address my Ranger’s FX4 suspension. It works ok, but bumps really send me careening all over my lane. The Ranger has become my wife and I’s long trip vehicle of choice. So this needs addressed.

From this thread and the others I’ve lurked for months, I’ve got:

- FOX 2.0’s are soft and comfy (what I want), but they need serviced every 30k-50k miles (boooo)
- Eibach coil over fronts/rear shocks are firmer yet still maintain some comfort (no servicing, lifetime warranty suspension)
- Bilstein 6112 fronts and 5100 rears, firm and the least comfortable of these three but cheap, and not even serviceable at all

those are the only three I care about because they’re in budget.

I’m doing very very little Offroad with the Ranger. It’s tarmac and highway to gravel/dirt campgrounds. I just want to not feel like the truck is getting punched around on every bump (stock tire size, not gonna go larger).

FOX sounded perfect, but the servicing intervals scare me away. I don’t wanna have to remove the fronts every time for that. Eibach seemed like a happy middle ground, but I’ve read some reports here that their quality diminishes over a shorter than normal time. Bilstein sounds like an awesome option, but everyone says they’re quite firm, so lower on comfort.

Of these three, can any of you SMEs point me in a smart direction? Of course now I know the leaf springs need addressed sometime too, lol (I do tow a little).
I think there's also the Bilstein 4600's that are not intended for hard off road use but they are softer than the 5100's.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
From what I saw it's just the springs then an extra 150 for the u bolts and plate (hardware). S3M sells it all together as a complete package. If you go to the icon site you'll see the springs listed and it says to purchase the hardware which is separate.

Ninong

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I went with Icon stage 3. New coil overs and upper control arms in front and extended range shocks w/reservoirs in the rear. Couldn’t be happier with the performance. Firm ride without the body roll and nose dive of the FX4.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I did some more digging, and yes that is per leaf pack so a quantity of 2 would be necessary plus hardware. So under 700. I believe icon does free shipping.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
On the body roll issue. Just getting my negative offset rims fixed that. Once my stock shocks need replacing I'll be lifting the truck around 4 inches and not sure what brand of shock yet.

OP
OP
RangerTX

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I decided on, and ordered, Fox 2 for the rears to start. I will do the fronts at a later date when funds allow. I will update with review once installed.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I decided on, and ordered, Fox 2 for the rears to start. I will do the fronts at a later date when funds allow. I will update with review once installed.
I think you will be p!eased with the results. I have them on my truck and I like the ride.
Sponsored