Status
Not open for further replies.
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I am sure you will not like the Tacoma either. Get a motorcycle.
True. Don't really care for the way it drives. Engine feels dead compared to the Ranger but then again if it doesn't have to go back to the dealer 12 times if the first 6 months...
Sponsored

victor D girouard

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger fx4
Plus I dont think the ranger has hill assist nothing in the manual about or no lights on my dash on my 2019 xlt fx4 that's fully loaded.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
True. Don't really care for the way it drives. Engine feels dead compared to the Ranger but then again if it doesn't have to go back to the dealer 12 times if the first 6 months...
Buy what makes you happy, but gotta say that mine has been trouble free and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Sorry you got a bad one, but what are the odds that a 2nd truck will be a lemon too?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Buy what makes you happy, but gotta say that mine has been trouble free and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Sorry you got a bad one, but what are the odds that a 2nd truck will be a lemon too?
Ditto here.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
A Ford customer care rep I've been working with said pedestrian detection is active from 3 to 50 mph and according to the description it should alert you any time someone is within a certain area covered by the windshield camera and sensors in the bumper. She explained that even if you are able to stop in time without the vehicle applying emergency braking assistance it should still alert since he was in the path of the vehicle, and that alert will also be sent to your fordpass app and show up in the alerts tab.
Thank you for your services and the price you had to pay with your body. It must be difficult for you to suffer insults/apathy and endure physical pain. At least it appears you still have your sanity:please:

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
It is the nature of breakable things to become broken...how we deal with that is up to us. The only reason a dealership would blacklist a customer (I have worked at two Ford dealers in my lifetime) is if they become foul-mouthed or belligerent to the point that reasonable communication ceases. Check your emotions at the curb and communicate in calm tones defining with specific language what the problem is...give accurate information and allow the dealer to address the problem. If the problem isn't resolved be reasonable and contact the service manager, express your concerns give them another chance...not all problems (particularly electrical) are easily diagnosed and repaired. You're not perfect either and reminding yourself of that fact might make for better relations with all businesses that you deal with.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I'm in the process of going through a lemon law buy back on my 2019 XLT with Ford.
Are in the process of completing the buy back process? or
Call ford customer care. Took 4 tries and over 4 months for them to finally agree to buy back the truck.
Has the process been already completed?

If you don't mind me asking what was the defect or defects with your truck that initiated the lemon law process?

Quoted from Utah Dept. of Commerce, Division of Consumer Protection:

"The defect must 'substantially impair the use, market value or safety of the vehicle'".

Paul Lelowicz

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Graphic Artist/Illustrator
I think the pedestrian detection assist is speed sensitive. 10-15 mph may not have been fast enough. I can tell you that just last week I was driving 45 in a 45 when a cop abruptly stepped into the lane to stop traffic and my truck braked right away before I could react.
Didn’t work for me when a SUV locked up his brakes between 30-40 mph at two truck lengths away. No alert, no braking. I locked them up and rear-ended vehicle in front of me. I have had the alert go off a few times when approaching slower traffic, no auto braking.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
dam dude this as a list from hell !!sorry you got a bad one .we pay a lot of money or these things you have every right to want it to be close to perfect as you can get. I have NO patience and don't value money enough to fight the fight I would trade the mother in. I am a light it on fire type.hang in there if you can!!

Truckee Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew 4 x 4; 2015 Nissan Murano; 2019 Honda CRF 250F; 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan;
Occupation
Construction Consultant
Hi Kevin

As Jerry stated...your relation with the dealer is kaput and likely not repairable. Why other Ford Dealers will not assist is puzzling...did the original dealer spread the word? Should not work this way. You need to get Ford Customer Service involved. They will have to help get a dealer to check the truck out...I would also recommend you start the process of filing a claim under the lemon law. Sad that you are having so many problems.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I could be wrong, but it has always been my experience that you have to get warranty repairs done by the dealer who sold you the vehicle. Other dealers simply refuse to get involved. I don't know why and it certainly doesn't make any sense. But that's what typically happens to me.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I could be wrong, but it has always been my experience that you have to get warranty repairs done by the dealer who sold you the vehicle. Other dealers simply refuse to get involved. I don't know why and it certainly doesn't make any sense. But that's what typically happens to me.

I've had warranty work done by different dealers many times. When I lived back east in MA I bought several of my F150's in CT and had the warranty work done in MA. When I moved here to AZ my Tacoma was shipped out here from MA it was brand new and my local Toyota dealer here in AZ took care of all warranty work with no problems. I'm surprised you're having trouble because the dealers getting paid for it whether or not they sold you the truck. Heck I would never buy from them in the future just because of this!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It is my understanding that warranty work can be performed by ANY dealer, anywhere in the country. What if you were on vacation and something happened far from home? It shouldn't make any difference what dealer does it. In fact, I got my one warranty issue (a leaky mirror turn signal light) replaced by a different dealer than the one I bought my truck from. The dealer gets paid from Ford for warranty work, so it doesn't seem like it would make sense to turn away warranty work. I can understand why your dealer might tell you that you HAVE to get warranty work done with them, but they are just trying to keep their service department busy.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Hi Kevin

As Jerry stated...your relation with the dealer is kaput and likely not repairable. Why other Ford Dealers will not assist is puzzling...did the original dealer spread the word? Should not work this way. You need to get Ford Customer Service involved. They will have to help get a dealer to check the truck out...I would also recommend you start the process of filing a claim under the lemon law. Sad that you are having so many problems.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
:like: Hi Phil. I know u never stop learning ... the german „ broken“ needs to have another t to make the u short: kaputt :beer: but not the beer mug!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.