LEMON ALERT!! 2019 Ford Ranger is unreliable and dangerous, and Ford Canada does not care.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
*UPDATE*
Hey everyone just wanted to give you all a Monday update. I spoke with CAMVAP this morning and I do have grounds to start a file with them. It's basically arbitration between the Company and myself to help us come to an agreement. As well I went in and spoke with the service manager at my local Ford D. Alex McDonald. And I have nothing but positive things to say about them and the service department there. The service manager printed me off everything I have brought my truck in for. Will update you guys again with more news when it comes in. Cheers and have a great week everyone!
Good luck! Hopefully everything goes well and you can either get your truck fixed right or they give you a new one which is what I would demand. I think you've given them enough time and chances to fix yours.

My Suggestion would be to take your Lumps......Trade it in on your Toyota Tacoma & Move On....Life is too short for this Nonsense......No Reason to complain any longer...Go Get a New Tacoma Tomorrow..........Good Luck!
I hope you're not serious about this? I would rather push my Ranger around town than drive one of those POS Tacomas! :puke:
Sponsored

Capt Jon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I don't know about laws in Canada but I had similar vehicle problems with an Oldsmobile I bought in 1982. After about 9 months of no satisfaction with repairs that made things worse I tossed them the keys and said see you in court. The jury deliberated for 15 minutes and made them take the vehicle and give me all my money back including the value of the vehicle I traded in.

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
I am really concerned about your corroded harness issue. It seems you have sort of run through some extended cold weather/snow exposure that most of us have not yet experienced.

It would have been nice if you interrogated the technician about specifics of the corrosion or photographed the old harness to show the rest of us.

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
There is one thing that I know of that can cause this type of wide spread electrical destruction.

A failed A/C clutch diode. This diode protects the vehicle's electrical system from the voltage spikes that occur from the back EMF generated by the electromagnet in the A/C clutch. Without it, the strong voltage spikes kill electrics and cause ECM's to go crazy (and to go into limp mode as well)

Please ask your Ford technician to check this diode.

Last edited:

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
I can not imagine the hardship you have endured. To travel from one place to another not knowing if you will return on time and safely. Ford repurchased my 2019 Lariat for "DRIVE TRAIN FAILURE". This reading (picture of a wrench) appeared on my dash and my phone Ford Pass 27 times over a four month period.. The Ranger was in the shop 12 times for a total of 17 days. As you, LemonRanger13, Ford could not isolate or fix the problem. They made the suggestion to buy it back. They did; it only had 400 miles. I turned it into Ford July 31, 2019. On that same day I ordered a 2020. My new 2020 Lariat arrived 0n December 13, 2019. I now have 2600 miles on it and LOVE it. I urge you to get rid of your unreliable lemon and move on with your life.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Good luck! Hopefully everything goes well and you can either get your truck fixed right or they give you a new one which is what I would demand. I think you've given them enough time and chances to fix yours.

I hope you're not serious about this? I would rather push my Ranger around town than drive one of those POS Tacomas! :puke:
I can not imagine the hardship you have endured. To travel from one place to another not knowing if you will return on time and safely. Ford repurchased my 2019 Lariat for "DRIVE TRAIN FAILURE". This reading (picture of a wrench) appeared on my dash and my phone Ford Pass 27 times over a four month period.. The Ranger was in the shop 12 times for a total of 17 days. As you, LemonRanger13, Ford could not isolate or fix the problem. They made the suggestion to buy it back. They did; it only had 400 miles. I turned it into Ford July 31, 2019. On that same day I ordered a 2020. My new 2020 Lariat arrived 0n December 13, 2019. I now have 2600 miles on it and LOVE it. I urge you to get rid of your unreliable lemon and move on with your life.
Thanks man. Yah that's the goal. Still waiting to submit my forms to MVAP, as I'm waiting to hear back one last time from customer care to see what they can offer me. Honestly I really like the rangers I do, just not my specific one lol.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
There is one thing that I know of that can cause this type of wide spread electrical destruction.

A failed A/C clutch diode. This diode protects the vehicle's electrical system from the voltage spikes that occur from the back EMF generated by the electromagnet in the A/C clutch. Without it, the strong voltage spikes kill electrics and cause ECM's to go crazy (and to go into limp mode as well)

Please ask your Ford technician to check this diode.
I will give them a shout tomorrow! Cheers!

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The reality is once the vehicle has become so unpredictable, even though they say it is fixed, in the back of your head it is at sometime rear it's ugly head again. No future peace of mind.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Here everyone! Just wanted to give you all an update for those interested. Customer care and I spoke on Monday. They were supposed to call me back Tuesday to update me on any programs I might be entitled too through ford ie buyback, or credit on trading it in. As someone on here brought up I should see if I can trade it in. I've called them back a few times to see what's going on with that side of the house but they still haven't gotten back to me. As for the dealership they called me yesterday and I brought the truck in today, I believe that they are going to go through it very thoroughly to try and find any issues and try and fix the ones that are still persistent. They are going to have a it a few days it seem. I've also filed with CAMVAP and will hopefully have a response from them sometime next week. I hope you all have a great weekend!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here everyone! Just wanted to give you all an update for those interested. Customer care and I spoke on Monday. They were supposed to call me back Tuesday to update me on any programs I might be entitled too through ford ie buyback, or credit on trading it in. As someone on here brought up I should see if I can trade it in. I've called them back a few times to see what's going on with that side of the house but they still haven't gotten back to me. As for the dealership they called me yesterday and I brought the truck in today, I believe that they are going to go through it very thoroughly to try and find any issues and try and fix the ones that are still persistent. They are going to have a it a few days it seem. I've also filed with CAMVAP and will hopefully have a response from them sometime next week. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Hopefully they can finally either fix it (sounds doubtful) or get you into another one on trade. It sucks you have to go through this but if you can get another one you will be really happy as it's a great truck. I know you might not feel that right now but once you get rid of that lemon you'll see for yourself. Good luck next week! :like:

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Hopefully they can finally either fix it (sounds doubtful) or get you into another one on trade. It sucks you have to go through this but if you can get another one you will be really happy as it's a great truck. I know you might not feel that right now but once you get rid of that lemon you'll see for yourself. Good luck next week! :like:
Haha thanks. Yah I have no doubt that they are great trucks! I seriously just got the one off Friday at 529pm truck lol

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Your experience with Customer Care comes at no surprise to me. In my previous thread, I stated that Ford repurchased my 2019 Lariat. Donna at Customer Care was handling my account was out to lunch on everything. She would not answer my emails or phone calls. California requires 30 days for the buyback. At day 33, not hearing anything, I called Donna to find out the status of my claim. I was placed on hold for 43 minutes. She FINALLY answered the phone and proceeded to check my claim. Holly Sh--, SHE FORGOT TO START MY CLAIM. SORRY ABOUT THAT, I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 30 DAYS. Yes, 30 days I waited again. The service manager at my dealership told me not to drive the truck because of the DRIVELINE FALIURE. Therefore it sat for 68 days undriven. Needless to say Donna and Ford Customer Care are on my SH-- LIST !!.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Your experience with Customer Care comes at no surprise to me. In my previous thread, I stated that Ford repurchased my 2019 Lariat. Donna at Customer Care was handling my account was out to lunch on everything. She would not answer my emails or phone calls. California requires 30 days for the buyback. At day 33, not hearing anything, I called Donna to find out the status of my claim. I was placed on hold for 43 minutes. She FINALLY answered the phone and proceeded to check my claim. Holly Sh--, SHE FORGOT TO START MY CLAIM. SORRY ABOUT THAT, I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 30 DAYS. Yes, 30 days I waited again. The service manager at my dealership told me not to drive the truck because of the DRIVELINE FALIURE. Therefore it sat for 68 days undriven. Needless to say Donna and Ford Customer Care are on my SH-- LIST !!.
Holy crap dude. That's sounds like a nightmare. What did you do for a vehicle in the meantime?

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Haha thanks. Yah I have no doubt that they are great trucks! I seriously just got the one off Friday at 529pm truck lol
Change your Handle on this Forum or leave with your negative...Lemon Ranger13 and go buy something else.....This Thread Smells Like Scammer/Troll to Me.

Last edited: