Not open for further replies.

Kevarmy79

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I've uploaded two pics that show my list of everything that has been going wrong with my Ranger since the day I got it, Oct 31, 2019. Now I can also add that the truck doesn't actually have, or it doesn't work, the system that is supposed to assist in applying brake pressure when it detects a pedestrian. A guy stepped out in the street in front of my truck two days ago, luckily I was only going 10-15 mph. I was able to push the brakes and stop about 2-3 inches from running the man over. There was never a single audible or visual warning or alarm that took place. There was no adaptive braking by the vehicle either. After being in 5 times to try and get this stuff repaired, the dealership told me I'm not allowed to bring it back for anything, and I'm not allowed to come on the lot unless it's to buy a new vehicle. I've been to 3 other Ford dealerships that will not service it either. It's a pile of junk, isn't even capable of towing 6000 pounds without causing the engine to misfire and then stall within less than 2 miles of towing.

IMG_js7ncm.jpg

IMG_9scgft.jpg
Sponsored

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Wow that’s a long list. Not questioning you but even if half of those are true the dealer would find some of those issues. And that’s why you record things while driving to have proof and not written down like an angry letter.

OP
OP

Kevarmy79

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Wow that’s a long list. Not questioning you but even if half of those are true the dealer would find some of those issues. And that’s why you record things while driving to have proof and not written down like an angry letter.
Well, there are 5 people who have ridden in or driven the truck and have witnessed all of the issues. The dealership I got the truck at has also witnessed most of them. They have never put it in 4H or 4L to see what happens, they have never checked fluid levels on front or rear differentials or transmission (which leaks), and they've said the front end clunking is just a "breaking in" noise. The ONLY thing they have done is plugged in the OBD scanner under the dash and said the computer tells them everything is ok, which is a lie because I found out they had to reprogram the PCM, TCM and ECM based on the diagnostic scan. The reprogramming may have fixed some computer issues, but the gears in both differentials are definitely out of mesh and that will not show up on any diagnostic scan, and the grinding in the rear gets worse every day, as does the length of time it takes for the transmission to shift into gear. And when you can hear the turbo whine from a block away on a 4 cylinder there's a problem. But the dealership told me the computer says it's ok and it's fine to keep driving, so that's what I'll do, drive it til the tranny seizes or engine blows and let them deal with it then. My lawyer has tried talking to them and they sent him a cease and desist. Now why would they do that if the truck was really in what they are trying to call "perfect condition."

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I think the pedestrian detection assist is speed sensitive. 10-15 mph may not have been fast enough. I can tell you that just last week I was driving 45 in a 45 when a cop abruptly stepped into the lane to stop traffic and my truck braked right away before I could react.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
My lawyer has tried talking to them and they sent him a cease and desist. Now why would they do that if the truck was really in what they are trying to call "perfect condition."
I can't think of a single reason why they don't want to deal with an angry lawyered-up guy.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think the pedestrian detection assist is speed sensitive. 10-15 mph may not have been fast enough. I can tell you that just last week I was driving 45 in a 45 when a cop abruptly stepped into the lane to stop traffic and my truck braked right away before I could react so I know it works.
Think it's 30mph

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lemon law...
Under the law of most states, for a vehicle to be considered a lemon, the car must 1) have a "substantial defect," covered by warranty, that occurs within a certain time after purchase, and 2) continue to have the defect after a "reasonable number" of repair attempts.

JoeG

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab Lightning Blue
Wow, that's some list!

A quick google tells me that your state has a lemon law. If I were you, I'd document the heck out of the repair attempts until the truck meets the lemon law requirements, then push for a new one or a refund.

https://www.lemonlawamerica.com/north-dakota-lemon-law/ (I have no connection to this site, it was the just first thing that google came up with for me)

HTH.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Well, there are 5 people who have ridden in or driven the truck and have witnessed all of the issues. The dealership I got the truck at has also witnessed most of them. They have never put it in 4H or 4L to see what happens, they have never checked fluid levels on front or rear differentials or transmission (which leaks), and they've said the front end clunking is just a "breaking in" noise. The ONLY thing they have done is plugged in the OBD scanner under the dash and said the computer tells them everything is ok, which is a lie because I found out they had to reprogram the PCM, TCM and ECM based on the diagnostic scan. The reprogramming may have fixed some computer issues, but the gears in both differentials are definitely out of mesh and that will not show up on any diagnostic scan, and the grinding in the rear gets worse every day, as does the length of time it takes for the transmission to shift into gear. And when you can hear the turbo whine from a block away on a 4 cylinder there's a problem. But the dealership told me the computer says it's ok and it's fine to keep driving, so that's what I'll do, drive it til the tranny seizes or engine blows and let them deal with it then. My lawyer has tried talking to them and they sent him a cease and desist. Now why would they do that if the truck was really in what they are trying to call "perfect condition."
Have you contacted FORD customer care?
Sounds like the relationship w/ your local dealership/s have been broken.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Kevin

As Jerry stated...your relation with the dealer is kaput and likely not repairable. Why other Ford Dealers will not assist is puzzling...did the original dealer spread the word? Should not work this way. You need to get Ford Customer Service involved. They will have to help get a dealer to check the truck out...I would also recommend you start the process of filing a claim under the lemon law. Sad that you are having so many problems.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
the dealership told me I'm not allowed to bring it back for anything, and I'm not allowed to come on the lot unless it's to buy a new vehicle. I've been to 3 other Ford dealerships that will not service it either. It's a pile of junk, isn't even capable of towing 6000 pounds without causing the engine to misfire and then stall within less than 2 miles of towing
the first thought that comes to mind for some reason is, this is someone from tacomaworld. Warranty is there for a reason, “dealership told me I’m not allowed to bring it back for anything” is where it makes no sense

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
the first thought that comes to mind for some reason is, this is someone from tacomaworld. Warranty is there for a reason, “dealership told me I’m not allowed to bring it back for anything” is where it makes no sense
I think it takes quite a bit for a dealer to get to that point. This gent has been blacklisted.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
it makes sense if someone got abusive--businesses don't actually have to put up with people acting badly. but mostly there's just no point in getting too invested in a dramatic one-sided story.

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be very interested to see a follow-up to this guy's post & the remedial action by Ma Ford. This one doesn't pass the sniff test for me for several reasons, but I'll just wait to see what he posts next about the lemon law & Ford's reply (if any).

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Pretty hard to get four dealers to agree on anything. Why do you think four dealers refused to service your vehicle??
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.