First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This video just popped up on my Youtube homepage. Shows the Maverick 0-60 time/speed along with towing. I didn't know there's no reverse gear, the electric motor goes in reverse. :shock: Ford puts a trailer brake controller in these from the factory and not our Rangers? :headbang: Would've liked to see him tow that Airstream shown at the end.

Sponsored

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
I think some are underselling how much work this lil truck can accomplish. I'm so torn between Mav and Ranger... Would buy the ranger redsigen if it launched next year, but....

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
This video just popped up on my Youtube homepage. Shows the Maverick 0-60 time/speed along with towing. I didn't know there's no reverse gear, the electric motor goes in reverse. :shock: Ford puts a trailer brake controller in these from the factory and not our Rangers? :headbang: Would've liked to see him tow that Airstream shown at the end.

They had to save something for the next four videos they're going to drag out about this truck :crackup:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

You know what sections I jumped to instantly... Not bad 0-60 times for a 20k MSRP pickup. The turbo Maverick is just as fast as a stock Ranger. Thanks for the video Dave!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Dave's video he posted got me thinking... A lowered Maverick with a good tune on the turbo version, with some slight performance mods.... That would be kind of sweet. Just wish the front end looked better for me. If this happened though, it would be reminiscent of the f150 svt lightning.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave's video he posted got me thinking... A lowered Maverick with a good tune on the turbo version, with some slight performance mods.... That would be kind of sweet. Just wish the front end looked better for me. If this happened though, it would be reminiscent of the f150 svt lightning.
Brandon just throw a bunch of your Roush Racing stickers on the front end and you'll never notice the look. ?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Brandon just throw a bunch of your Roush Racing stickers on the front end and you'll never notice the look. ?
:crackup: you killin' me Dave. Outing me as a sticker lover. :punch:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Well I'm know as the "Damper King" so it's fitting you're the "Sticker King"! ??
Quite fitting. Might have to adopt this new title and throw it around hahaha.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My old 1999 F-450 CC PS 6 speed manual 4X4 with a geared rear locker was a truck. The Ranger is a pickup truck. The Maverick is a car with a pickup bed,. A pickup car?
F450 camper.JPG

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
Had an opportunity to sit in an AWD XLT Mav and Ranger back to back. Also drove the Mav and was impressed. Quick thoughts below.

The extra cab space and utility in the Mav is significant. Much better design and much roomier. I can sit behind myself in the Mav without touching the seat back with my knees whereas I cannot in the Ranger (5'11"). The Mav interior is modern and stylish, but the XLT materials (cloth, recycled surfaces) definitely feel 'budget'. Better under seat storage than the Ranger. Driving-wise you forget it's a truck. It feels like a long crossover, and I mean that as a compliment. It's speedy, responsive, and the transmission shifts smoothly and quietly. Couldn't even feel the gear changes. Brakes were a bit too touchy. In 12 miles of mixed town driving and interstate driving the lie o meter showed about 25 mpg. Exterior design looks better in person. Tailgate is so low it's crazy. Came down to just above my knee. The bed is crazy accessible for all heights, it has a million tie down points, the DIY 12-v hookups are awesome, and the angled tailgate position is magical. Much more utility in a smaller package.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mav becomes the 2nd best selling model for Ford. This complicates my buying process..

Mav is def a pickup truck btw.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So the consensus is a “truck” is only a “truck” if it Identifies as a “truck.” So there are F350s out there with wheels sticking out 2’ and chrome driveshafts being driven by 19 yr old do&@#h bags and those are not “trucks.” However, there’s the neighborhood old hustler guy with crap in the bed of his 98 short bed Ranger stacked up past the top of the cab, pulling a 16ft trailer with 3 ZTR mowers on it and That makes IT a “truck.” Good to know.

ParkRangerBen

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger XL, 2020 ford fusion se
Occupation
quality technician
the Ranger fits the real truck category?
yes. a real truck has a full frame and is RWD/4X4 not FWD/AWD and not unibody frame. that being said i am looking into the maverick for my wife because she has a facebook marketplace problem and is always borrowing my ranger. she needs a car with a bed lol.

ParkRangerBen

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger XL, 2020 ford fusion se
Occupation
quality technician
LOL. I bet they sell a shit load of them though. I know three people at work who are wanting to trade in their cars for one. They are going after a different demographic then typical truck buyers.
I agree its going to be very popular with typical car/suv drivers because you get the feel of a car/suv with a truck bed but not the truck price and feel. i dont think it will appeal so much to true truck people though.
Sponsored