First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I choose to drive Fords. I choose to ride Harley's. Your life, your money, your choice.

Enjoy the gladiator... lifted with large tires they look pretty sweet. I'll continue to enjoy my tuned ranger that is kinda my mini hot rod.
Sponsored

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam DePriest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 (company truck), 2016 Cherokee, 2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
common theme in all these forums is the Ford guys hate everything else, the Jeep guys hate everything else, and the GM guys hate everything else

I've yet to find a forum where that doesn't happen
Yeah. The Mustang forum can get pretty bad bashing the Camaro and anyone who likes it. Hell, some guys in the GT sub-forum bash the Ecoboost guys because they didn't get the V-8. And there's been a bit of that on the Gladiator forum as well.

The Ranger is cool truck, I was completely sold on one util I drove the jeep. Anymore, fun over function. We've got the wife's Cherokee for civilized driving needs.

OP
OP

samd1351

First Name
Sam DePriest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 (company truck), 2016 Cherokee, 2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I choose to drive Fords. I choose to ride Harley's. Your life, your money, your choice.

Enjoy the gladiator... lifted with large tires they look pretty sweet. I'll continue to enjoy my tuned ranger that is kinda my mini hot rod.
Man I really wanted to get a Ranger, lift it up some, throw some 33s on it and get off road. My son had a '99 Ranger that we got a LOT of miles / use out of. I think it got washed three times in 9 years. The day we gave it to him, senior prom, and the day we listed it for sale.

We may still trade the Cherokee, or the Gladiator for a Bronco when they finally hit the market and are really available. When I was young (16-17) I was a die hard Chevy guy. The last couple of years, pretty much a Ford guy with the Mustang. And now a new a Jeep guy too I guess.

Just like with women, sample as many as you can!!!

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
common theme in all these forums is the Ford guys hate everything else, the Jeep guys hate everything else, and the GM guys hate everything else

I've yet to find a forum where that doesn't happen

I'm an oddball here. I like my Ford trucks and I like my Jeeps. But yes haters are going to hate no matter what. And it isn't any better in the firearms world either.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, Gladiator goes back to Willys
1962 Willys Jeep Gladiator (later J20).
Unknown-1.jpeg
59 years later and still Fugly. In fact, almost identical except for the extra doors.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes, you’re about to have 2 fiats in the driveway? Better get you sumpthin to drive when they are both in the shop..

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
The gladiator is overpirced for what it is. It's a niche truck, and they're taking advantage.

Avoid getting the fx4 package, go for the sport if you like the look.
The lariat has a lot of chrome pieces which look ugly imo.
The fx4 suspension is god awful, super sensitive, and a pin for a daily driver - trust me on this most people replace that right away. The sport suspension is good enough for me, might be for you.

In the end get what makes you happy, test drive them both, twice. That's right, twice! And whatever makes you happy go for it. But really test them out to see what fits you better.

Remember jeep cabin noise is a pain, but come summer time that top-less look is amazing.

The ranger is an old design, internationally, but the re-design looks ugly as hell. So get the better looking ranger now before it's too late.

If you go with the jeep, go for the diesel or turbo charged option.

Most people got a ranger for around 35k, haggle until you get a price around there. These trucks aren't worth more than that.

That's my 0.02c

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Remember jeep cabin noise is a pain, but come summer time that top-less look is amazing
...on an actual jeep (2 doors). On the supersized versions it looks kinda silly.

Hell, even on the 2 door the modern safety requirements make the look a hell of a lot less badass than it was on the OG. Patton would not be caught dead standing in one. :crackup:

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
...on an actual jeep (2 doors). On the supersized versions it looks kinda silly.

Hell, even on the 2 door the modern safety requirements make the look a hell of a lot less badass than it was on the OG. Patton would not be caught dead standing in one. :crackup:
Diff strokes for diff folks.

The 2-door jeeps are def my personal fav and I'm a also fan of the new redesign. a modern Red or Charcoal JK Jeep, top less, with Over sized wheels - during the summer, by the beach? Hands down you're going to have a good time.

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
2E69E174-76FE-4270-BA25-6AD8B5D8DC64.png

?????

PatrĂłn would approve.

Ranger2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tremor.
2E69E174-76FE-4270-BA25-6AD8B5D8DC64.png

?????

PatrĂłn would approve.
My wife's Jeep Rubicon. I kind of have the best of both worlds. This is her 4th Jeep since 2015. I've had 5 since 1992.
IMG_6882.JPG

Reactions: HDA

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
My wife's Jeep Rubicon. I kind of have the best of both worlds. This is her 4th Jeep since 2015. I've had 5 since 1992.
IMG_6882.JPG
Badass man! love the wheels.
Sponsored