First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
I don't know if this has been posted yet but here is a pretty detailed video on "Ready Lifts" 3" front/1" rear kit.
Interesting. This video shows the 2” leveling kit as spacers for BOTH top and bottom, in contrast to Rough Country’s top ONLY spacer. Which methodology is best? Does it matter?
Sponsored

O.p.99

First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger

This is saying they have a 3.5 in EZ lift kit available for the 2019 Range

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
This might be getting off topic a bit, but i'm curious if anyone has looked at headlight angle difference after leveling?

Trying to determine if I should have ford adjust the lights once I level on my first service or handle it right away, as I do a decent bit of night highway driving.

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager

This is saying they have a 3.5 in EZ lift kit available for the 2019 Range
Yes. But it also mentions their 2” kit. Again, with spacers top and bottom. Better than the Rough Country?

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
This might be getting off topic a bit, but i'm curious if anyone has looked at headlight angle difference after leveling?

Trying to determine if I should have ford adjust the lights once I level on my first service or handle it right away, as I do a decent bit of night highway driving.
Yes, my headlights are now quite a bit higher with my 2.5" level. I was surprised by how much higher they were after the level kit. More so than when I leveled my F-150 (at least from what I remember). You will need to adjust your lamps after.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Yes. But it also mentions their 2” kit. Again, with spacers top and bottom. Better than the Rough Country?
An upper strut spacer can limit upward travel while extending lower travel. A lower strut spacer would them limit downward travel while extending upward travel. It looks like ReadyLift is splitting the difference to limit upward and downward travel equally.

So while the split kit balances in a way, the goal is usually to install larger tires and keep them out of the fender/fender liner. I guess it depends on the upward clearance and the wheel/tire combo you are running as to which kit is a better fit.

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
An upper strut spacer can limit upward travel while extending lower travel. A lower strut spacer would them limit downward travel while extending upward travel. It looks like ReadyLift is splitting the difference to limit upward and downward travel equally.

So while the split kit balances in a way, the goal is usually to install larger tires and keep them out of the fender/fender liner. I guess it depends on the upward clearance and the wheel/tire combo you are running as to which kit is a better fit.
Based on what he said, it was for "easier install" which is likely to keep you from having to disconnect the spindle assembly to drop the lower control arm (as I understand it) it down out of the way for clearance to get the coil / strut back in. Check out this thread and one of the follow up questions somebody asked:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rough-country-2-5-leveling-kit-install.1954/

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Question for anyone who has leveled or lifted. Does this affect the vehicle’s tilt angle that’s shown on the off-road screen of the gauge cluster? I’m wondering if the sensor is based on frame angle or body angle.

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager

Got it. Thanks.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Question for anyone who has leveled or lifted. Does this affect the vehicle’s tilt angle that’s shown on the off-road screen of the gauge cluster? I’m wondering if the sensor is based on frame angle or body angle.
I was actually thinking of this other day.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Based on what he said, it was for "easier install" which is likely to keep you from having to disconnect the spindle assembly to drop the lower control arm (as I understand it) it down out of the way for clearance to get the coil / strut back in. Check out this thread and one of the follow up questions somebody asked:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rough-country-2-5-leveling-kit-install.1954/
I assume that the smaller spacers does mean you won't have to disassemble as much. I have been told that lower spacers are sometimes the best option due to some odd geometry while upper spacers are better options for other situations. I haven't been able to get a clear answer for the Ranger. While some lift kits have split spacers like this, I haven't ever seen a leveling kit that utilizes split spacers until now.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I assume that the smaller spacers does mean you won't have to disassemble as much. I have been told that lower spacers are sometimes the best option due to some odd geometry while upper spacers are better options for other situations. I haven't been able to get a clear answer for the Ranger. While some lift kits have split spacers like this, I haven't ever seen a leveling kit that utilizes split spacers until now.

Yes, I’m completely torn. I like the idea of having a spacer split between the top and bottom (The ReadyLift 2” kit), but I also really like the idea of replacing those crash bars. Plus it’s available right now, although ReadyLift’s should be available any day now.

On a 2 1/4” PoComp lift I wonder if the down travel will be noticeably effected.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Yes, I’m completely torn. I like the idea of having a spacer split between the top and bottom (The ReadyLift 2” kit), but I also really like the idea of replacing those crash bars. Plus it’s available right now, although ReadyLift’s should be available any day now.

On a 2 1/4” PoComp lift I wonder if the down travel will be noticeably effected.
I have to ask. Knowing what I know about spacer lifts do any of you actually plan to off-road with them? You mentioned down travel so that makes me think you might. I just hope people here are aware of the drawbacks of spacer lifts and that they’re not a suitable lift for true off-roading. If you haven’t read up on it, go visit one of the Toyota forums and take a look. To each his own, I just felt I had to do my due diligence on this fairly new forum in case someone isn’t familiar with trucks and lifts.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have to ask. Knowing what I know about spacer lifts do any of you actually plan to off-road with them? You mentioned down travel so that makes me think you might. I just hope people here are aware of the drawbacks of spacer lifts and that they’re not a suitable lift for true off-roading. If you haven’t read up on it, go visit one of the Toyota forums and take a look. To each his own, I just felt I had to do my due diligence on this fairly new forum in case someone isn’t familiar with trucks and lifts.
The stock FX4 is sufficient for my needs, which will be 96% highway, 3% dirt roads, and 1% graded trails for camping/fishing. I just don’t want to make it terribly uncomfortable during that 1% when more down travel would keep the vehicle from rocking side-to-side like a teeter-totter when passing over rocky trails here in Colorado.
Sponsored