Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the FX4 package which comes with 265/65/17 Hankooks I made sure it came with them. Me and some of my family have had bad experiences with Bridgestone so they were out of the question for me.
Sponsored

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It appeared to me from one of the videos that the DynaPro ATM will be the tire on FX4. Any experience with those? I've heard they're a snowflake rated tire, but haven't heard much else.

I added the LT 17" to my order. I hope they're the KO2s, I have them on my F350 and love them.
I've had them on my F150 for 20,000 miles and loved them.

gkendrick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
It appeared to me from one of the videos that the DynaPro ATM will be the tire on FX4. Any experience with those? I've heard they're a snowflake rated tire, but haven't heard much else.

I added the LT 17" to my order. I hope they're the KO2s, I have them on my F350 and love them.
I just did the same, also hoping they're the KO2s. My dealer added the "TEW" option onto my order. Looking at Tire Rack's online listings, the only two tires that have that designation ("LT 265/65 R 17 OWL") are the KO2s and Cooper Discoverer A/Ts. I assume that Ford would not do false advertising by substituting a non-LT tire like the Bridgestone Dueler when you've selected an LT option. Here's hoping!

gkendrick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I just did the same, also hoping they're the KO2s. My dealer added the "TEW" option onto my order. Looking at Tire Rack's online listings, the only two tires that have that designation ("LT 265/65 R 17 OWL") are the KO2s and Cooper Discoverer A/Ts. I assume that Ford would not do false advertising by substituting a non-LT tire like the Bridgestone Dueler when you've selected an LT option. Here's hoping!
I'm also taking some hope from the 2018 F-150 brochure (https://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2018&postalCode=04863) that states the Raptor version comes with KO2s (page 22 of the brochure), so at least Ford is already using them on some factory truck orders. Page 32 of that same F-150 brochure lists several LT size options, all of which are available in the KO2s but not in the Cooper Discoverer.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Like gkendrick above, I was just playing on TireRack and searching for LT-rated tires that come in 265/65R17 and also have OWL...

BFG T/A KO2
Cooper Discoverer A/T3
Dick Cepek Trail Country

What did I miss?

Last edited:

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Also, not sure how much is truth but I was talking to friend who used to work at a dealership and he said that the dealership tires are MASS MANUFACTURED for the dealer from the factory directly (same though same branded names). THEY ARE NOT the same as retail shops carry.
There is some truth to this but it isn't universal. Most OEM tires are the absolute same as retail. However there are some OEM specific versions of retail tires that are installed at the factory. The differences may be trivial to most but it may be a slightly different load rating, case construction or compound for noise, handling and wear characteristics that the manufacturer wanted for the car. If there is an OEM specific version of a retail tire, the tire dealer can get it also. You don't have to get it from a dealership.

As an example. Look up something like a 255-40R19 which is popular. You'll see four or five of the exact same Pirelli P-Zero max performance in that size. Most would never notice the difference but they all have a slightly different speed, load or UTQG rating. One is a retail tire, the others are OEM spec for different vehicles. You have a 99% chance that even if you went to dealer for new tires they wouldn't even know the difference and would end up ordering the standard Pirelli from their local supplier.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I actually called BFG to inquire why the tire I ordered from TireRack wasn't listed on their site, it was due to it being a Ford OEM Tire. Its the ROTW Ranger Raptor's stock tire. The only difference is a higher speed rating "S".

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Here is a XLT 4x4 without the FX4 package and a Lariat 4x4 with FX4 both with Dynapro ATM tires. I think it's a crap shoot trying to figure out what is going to be on it basing it off the pre-production trucks.

upload_2018-12-17_21-35-22.png

upload_2018-12-17_21-36-25.png

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
It seems like from what I understand, from the videos from the event.

The 4x4 get the Bridgestone, the FX4 get the Hankook. There is a option to upgrade a Bridgestone to the Hankook for non FX4
If you try to upgrade the Stock tire (Bridgestone) on a 4x4 to the 17-Inch Off-Road Outline White Letter FX4 Tires (Hankook) or the LT 265/65R17 All-Terrain Outline White Letter Tires the website forces you to upgrade to the FX4 package.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I've never had Hankook tires. Are they any good?

DarthRanger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have the dynapro atm on my F150 right now with about 30k miles on them they still have a good amount of tread left. Wet traction is good and I've never had any issues in the snow. Overall I don't have any complaints

OP
OP
Stic-o

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
They are a decent tire. I had the ATM's on a '06 Explorer and they were great. I have the MT on Super Duty and they have been very very good. I also have a all season Hankook on my DD that have done well,.

However I did have a set of V12 on my Focus ST and a set of S1 Noble on our '16 Explorer (both hankook ) and they wore out in about 20k-25k. I have a set of Toyo's on the '16 Explorer now and have been much happier with them.

Take away:
Hanook Truck tires = good.
Hankook car tires = meh

DarthRanger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I think I have spotted the optional 265/65 R17 tire. Looks the same as the standard FX4 Hankook... Kind of a bummer.

Look closely for the "LT".

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 9.04.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 9.05.20 PM.png
Sponsored