Hankook to supply original equipment tire to 2019 Ford Ranger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hankook to supply original equipment tire to 2019 Ford Ranger

Hankook Tire announced it will be supplying the new 2019 Ford Ranger with two original fitments for the iconic midsize pickup. The Ranger will come standard with Hankook Tire’s Dynapro HT [Pattern RH12], with the available option of the more off-road focused Dynapro AT-m [Pattern RF10].

The Dynapro HT is a highway all-season tire optimized for longer tread wear and improved snow traction, and features a wider footprint for better grip under all driving conditions. Available with the Ford Ranger’s FX4 Off-Road Package is the Dynapro AT-m, an aggressive, all-terrain tire designed to enhance the Ranger’s already impressive off-road capabilities. With a tougher pattern design and block structure, the Dynapro AT-m guards against cuts and impacts from sharp objects, in addition to a reinforced carcass and rubber gauge to improve hill climbing and stability both on and off the road. Sizes 265/60R18 A/T BSW, 265/60R18 A/T OWL, 265/65R17 A/T OWL, 255/70R16 AS BSW, and LT 265/65R17 A/T OWL will be equipped to the Ranger.

“Hankook Tire is excited to be a part of launch of the Ford Ranger with two of our most capable tires for on and off the road,” said Hyun Jun Cho, Head of OE Division. “With the HT and AT-m, the Dynapro product line is designed for those who want to get the most out of their adventures.”

The Ranger sports great approach and departure angles making it a desirable choice to off-road and rock-crawling enthusiasts. In addition to upgraded rubber by way of the Dynapro AT-m tires, the available FX4 Off-Road Package also comes with off-road-tuned shocks and suspension, rear locking differential, and four distinct drive modes to help conquer a variety of different terrains.

Hankook Dynapro HT.png

Sponsored

DarthRanger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Pretty sure this press release still doesn't answer the question we all have.

It simply confirmed what we already know. Dynapro ATM on the FX4. Still no information on what the optional LT265/65 R17 A/T tire brand is.

I suspect its the Cooper Discoverer AT3 simply because BFG KO2 are to good to be true, and the option only costs $175. I actually e-mailed the Cooper PR team, maybe they will let us know.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
And no info yet on the Sport Appearance Package tires: 255/65R17 A/T BSW

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Still no information on what the optional LT265/65 R17 A/T tire brand is.
In perusing their website (https://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-dynapro-at-m-rf10.html) it looks like they make a LT265/70R17 but I don't see a LT 265/65R17 as the Ford website states we'll be receiving.

The 265/65R17 has a diameter of 30.6". The LT265/70R17 is listed at 31.7".

It seems if it's the Hankook tire it would have to be all-new and unlisted, or they'd have to up-size it. Their press release makes it seem they may have added the new LT size. We might not know until the first truck lands with this add-on.

Last edited:

DarthRanger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
In perusing their website (https://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-dynapro-at-m-rf10.html) it looks like they make a LT265/70R17 but I don't see a LT 265/65R17 as the Ford website states we'll be receiving.

It seems if it's the Hankook tire it would have to be all-new and unlisted, or they'd have to up-size it. Their press release makes it seem they may have added the new LT size. We might not know until the first truck lands with this add-on.

I have heard back from Hankook PR. They have confirmed that the optional LT 265/65 R17 is in fact a Hankook.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
In perusing their website (https://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-dynapro-at-m-rf10.html) it looks like they make a LT265/70R17 but I don't see a LT 265/65R17 as the Ford website states we'll be receiving. We might not know until the first truck lands with this add-on.

It seems if its the Hankook tire it would have to be all-new and unlisted or they'd have to up-size it.
I have heard back from Hankook PR. They have confirmed that the optional LT 265/65 R17 is in fact a Hankook.
I hope they're good tires. Thanks for looking into this!

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I chatted with a rep on Hankook's website to see if these would be snow rated (3PMSF). He said they were so new that he didn't even have specs on them. My guess would be they'll have the rating.

Now the question is whether I should upgrade to bigger T/A KO2s. I guess we'll see how everybody's fit soon enough!

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Now the question is whether I should upgrade to bigger T/A KO2s. I guess we'll see how everybody's fit soon enough![/QUOTE]
Hancock's not on a cold day in hell!!! Have had bfg 31x10.5x15s on my fx4 level 2 for 14 years. These will be the first things to go.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
And no info yet on the Sport Appearance Package tires: 255/65R17 A/T BSW
Looking at some of the recent photos of a Lariat Sport Package it appears the 255/65R17 A/T BSW is also a Hankook. I've never had Hankook tires before and just about every Ford I've purchased had Goodyear Wranglers but I'm hoping for something other than Goodyears this time around.

gkendrick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I think I have spotted the optional tire. Looks the same as the FX4 tire... You can see the LT designation on the tire size.

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 9.04.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 9.05.20 PM.png
Well, that’s too bad, since the Dynapro LT version is apparently only a 6-ply rated tire rather than a 10-ply E load rating like the K02s. Not a high enough load rating to handle our camper. Oh well.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I wonder which Ranger tires will be snow rated, as in the 3 peak Mountain/snowflake symbol. Up here I get a break on my insurance if I have a snow rated tire, so we put snowys on my daughters and wifes car.

On the Frontier and previous trucks I always had BFG ATs, but last time I thought Id try the Wrangler Duratracs, both are snow rated (3PMSF) so that works without having to change to snowys. Hopefully you can get something similar an the Ranger.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
I wonder which Ranger tires will be snow rated, as in the 3 peak Mountain/snowflake symbol. Up here I get a break on my insurance if I have a snow rated tire, so we put snowys on my daughters and wifes car.

On the Frontier and previous trucks I always had BFG ATs, but last time I thought Id try the Wrangler Duratracs, both are snow rated (3PMSF) so that works without having to change to snowys. Hopefully you can get something similar an the Ranger.
I haven't found a definite answer but from what I read on Tire Rack is that most of the Hankook Dynapro AT-M's have 3 peak snowflake but some sizes don't.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stopped by a tire shop today to look at some tires for a '77 F-150 and asked the guy about Dynapro's. He said the only tire he hates worse is Falken. Not a great review :crying:

Duratrac or KO2s might be in my future

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
I stopped by a tire shop today to look at some tires for a '77 F-150 and asked the guy about Dynapro's. He said the only tire he hates worse is Falken. Not a great review :crying:

Duratrac or KO2s might be in my future
Opinions are like ...holes... everyone has one and they all stink. I will say that certain tire sizes and tread styles react differently with different weight vehicles and wheelbases.
Sponsored