First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
Trainer
Just today I Installed a 2.5 leveling kit on my 2019 lariat fx4 amd upgraded the tire to a 285/70 looks good and no rubbing. A couple of minutes of driving and the pre collision light,service advancetrac,check park aid,terrain management system fault all came on. Cant get it onto 4h or 4l. Did somebody have the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Is everything plugged in correctly around the suspension? wire harness etc. Sounds like a sensor got left unplugged

OP
OP

Nandomarquez

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
Trainer
Is everything plugged in correctly around the suspension? wire harness etc. Sounds like a sensor got left unplugged
I mounted the lift kit and drove 2 hours before getting the tires with no problem, couple minutes after the tires all lights came on.

OP
OP

Nandomarquez

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
Trainer
Just found out that the speed sensor cable on one side got torn apart by the tire, gonna replace it and see what happens.

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado
im not sure yet how an alignment got into this picture.

but my guess is the tire guys made a boo boo some where.
connector problem as said before, or an outright damaged wire,
I've had similar problems when a lift was done and no alignment was completed. I've had one vehicle that I could barely drive to the alignment shop because the computer was freaking out. Alignment gets done and all the lights were off and the truck drove fine.

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
Also, don't you need to recalibrate the ECU for the larger tires?

OP
OP

Nandomarquez

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
Trainer
Just replaced the broken speed sensor in the front and as soon as I started the truck all went back to normal. Thanks for the help.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
just curious, how did your tire damage it? was it moved by the tire installer or lift installer and not moved back into OEM position or was a rubbing issue that no one noticed? How is your mileage now? I am looking at this size...

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
just curious, how did your tire damage it? was it moved by the tire installer or lift installer and not moved back into OEM position or was a rubbing issue that no one noticed? How is your mileage now? I am looking at this size...
There are two bolted connections and a couple more pop-in connections for the sensor cable. If they are not routed properly or if someone forgets to re-install them, they can easily get caught on the tire.

It's a good idea to make sure the cable is safely out of the way before lowering the truck after the install. As you are checking for rubbing, you would be checking this too.

Your mileage will likely take a small hit - gotta pay to play Mike. I've said it before......with wide fender flares, big tires, level kit, nerf bars, canopy, platform rack, etc., my truck has more drag than Ru Paul.
Sponsored

Last edited: