Ranger optional 17" tires?

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So I ordered a FX4 Crew XLT, and I know these are coming with the Hankook ATM's. These are not a bad tire, I've almost bought these for other vehicles a few times.

My question is what is the optional tire? The $175 ad on, LT265/65/17's . Is this a BFG All-Terrain KO2? Maybe? Because I need to change my order if so. Hankook's don't come in this size.

Details people, I need details :inspect:
Sponsored

Last edited:

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure they'll be Hankooks just because that's what all the photos show. They could change brands at any time. I understand they sometimes change brands mid year if they get a better price or supply runs short.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Probably nobody knows yet. Even the most current Order Guide (see https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/official-2019-ranger-order-guide-released.1004/) doesn't say what the optional tires are yet. Just says A/T OWL (All Terrain / Outlined White Letters) for now.

The BFG K02 do come in 265/65/17 though so it's possible I guess, but it could also be any other A/T tire in that size.
Your local Costco can order BFG K02 for you. No need to overpay at the dealership.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
Also, not sure how much is truth but I was talking to friend who used to work at a dealership and he said that the dealership tires are MASS MANUFACTURED for the dealer from the factory directly (same though same branded names). THEY ARE NOT the same as retail shops carry.

He was the one that told me NEVER to order the tires from the dealerships.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I think he is F.O.S...... dealer order tires come from the same distributors as local tire stores just billed thru Ford on program for pricing. Walmart is the only one I'm aware of that does what he says. Example: take a Walmart Michelin to an independent and see if they warranty. They can't even order the same tire. Ford QL can (if they want) warranty any tire stocked in Ford tire program. Dealers don't purchase enough qty to mass order tires direct.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I noticed the following regarding the XLT 4x4 standard tires sizes:

1. The Ford Package Guide that was posted on this site yesterday has the tire size 265/70R17
2. The Ford build site has the tire size 255/65R17
3. The Ford Major Product Features Guide that was posted on this site, and the dealer gave me has the tire size 255/65R17

I wonder which one is fact?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So I ordered a FX4 Crew XLT, and I know these are coming with the Hankook ATM's. These are not a bad tire, I've almost bought these for other vehicles a few times.

My question is what is the optional tire? The $175 ad on, LT265/65/17's . Is this a BFG All-Terrain KO2? Maybe? Because I need to change my order if so. Hankook's don't come in this size.

Details people, I need details :inspect:
Possibly Bridgestone Dueler A/T on 4x4 Rangers according to 11:10 mark from Here is Why the new 2019 Ford Ranger Could Outsell the Chevy Colorado & Toyota Tacoma

Here is Why the new 2019 Ford Ranger Could Outsell the Chevy Colorado & Toyota Tacoma 11-17.png

OP
OP
Stic-o

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
It appeared to me from one of the videos that the DynaPro ATM will be the tire on FX4. Any experience with those? I've heard they're a snowflake rated tire, but haven't heard much else.

I added the LT 17" to my order. I hope they're the KO2s, I have them on my F350 and love them.

Mires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I drive a Nissan Xterra now and the Pro-4X (The off road model) came with Hankooks and everybody hated them. They all call them Hanpoops lol. I'll be switching them out immediately for something better and larger.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I wouldn't get my heart set on any particular brand of tire as that could easily change. The tires in the pictures and pre-production trucks may not be the ones used in production, and they could also change during the model year based on cost and/or availability. Dealers don't typically know what tires will come on a new order.

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The Hankook ATm is a good tire overall, but in 2018 it doesn't hold up to the competition anymore. There are a lot of reports of poor wear and poor wet weather traction after 50% treadlife is worn. I ran a set in the 265/75-16 size several years ago and they felt really "squishy" to me. But they were a decent tire.

OP
OP
Stic-o

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It appeared to me from one of the videos that the DynaPro ATM will be the tire on FX4. Any experience with those? I've heard they're a snowflake rated tire, but haven't heard much else.

I added the LT 17" to my order. I hope they're the KO2s, I have them on my F350 and love them.
I have the Hankook M/T's on my Super Duty and I've been happy with them. Seem to be holding up good to 10k of truck with my Lance on the back, plus towing another 8k+ of flatbed with the pig in my Avatar.
Sponsored