Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
There are two bolted connections and a couple more pop-in connections for the sensor cable. If they are not routed properly or if someone forgets to re-install them, they can easily get caught on the tire.

It's a good idea to make sure the cable is safely out of the way before lowering the truck after the install. As you are checking for rubbing, you would be checking this too.

Your mileage will likely take a small hit - gotta pay to play Mike. I've said it before......with wide fender flares, big tires, level kit, nerf bars, canopy, platform rack, etc., my truck has more drag than Ru Paul.
Ru Paul LMAO! yer killin me hahahahaa. ya i can accept a small hit on mileage just not a knockdown drag out carry an extra gas can hit :) I am wondering if a guy went with bigger tires then install a tune, would that compensate for small power loss due to heavier tires?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ru Paul LMAO! yer killin me hahahahaa. ya i can accept a small hit on mileage just not a knockdown drag out carry an extra gas can hit :) I am wondering if a guy went with bigger tires then install a tune, would that compensate for small power loss due to heavier tires?
It might help - I've simply adjusted my acceleration style for now. I need to re-calibrate my speedometer because of the bigger tires so if I tune, it will be one that does the speedo plus performance tune. It's about 5-6% out. 95 on my speedo is closer to 100 km/hr.

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
My son who has a Colorado ZR2 did a 4" lift and went from a 31" tire to a 34" tire. The truck looks pretty cool and he loves taking it to Moab for rock crawling. Unfortunately, on the highway with the V6 powertrain it went from a slug compared to my Ranger to an absolute rolling turd. The transmission now hunts at the slightest incline, there is minimal acceleration and the fuel economy is terrible. He is now looking at a lot of expensive modifications to get the performance back like 4.56 gears, an Edelbrock supercharger and anything else that might work. The moral to me, anyhow is, it takes a lot of reengineering to make the truck better or repurposed from how the factory designed, engineered, tested and sold it. I have found from experience that any modification is a tradeoff, you may pickup something here but you loose something somewhere else.
Sponsored